General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:52 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:19 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:23 am I'll raise my hand, I missed on this kid. He is adapting and performing better than I ever would have predicted. Good on him.
Props to this guy - you just earned yourself a fan :thumbup:
Please tell my wife I can admit when I am wrong. Seriously, we all miss on guys, It's ok. I brag about my hits and own the misses
I'll admit I was too slow to adjust on him. As much as I didn't like Akers being near the other 4 RB, I couldn't bring myself to boost Gibson over him and kept him closer to Dillon and Moss.

My one league, everyone missed on him... Pick 25 in our rookie draft in June. After RBs Moss, Dillon, Vaughn, Mcfarland, and Evans. 2QB, even Jordan Love went ahead of him. In my defense, I didn't have late picks but man that was a steal. Other league he went in the first which was a little too high for me, but doesn't look bad now

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:46 am

I got him at pick 22 overall, so ya he was a total steal there. This was way back in May though so Guice and Peterson were still on the team. I took him expecting a James White type production and role. I didnt predict this by any means. I also did not fall at all for the Guice trap and just figured he wouldnt work out so i took Gibson. The stubbornness on Guice was something ill truly never ever understand on these boards, take lock to the max and people should have gotten rid of him well before they did.

I was surprised so many people still had doubts that gibson would have a large role after Guice and Peterson were let go. I understood the 33 carries perspective BUT Ron Rivera isnt a bad coach and i trust him, more fantasy players should have as well. Rivera isnt a Matt Patricia or Adam Gase type buffoon. He is a long tenured solid head coach who has shown he can make the most of college talent. Gibson is going to undoubtedly be one of the hottest buys this offseason, the people who have him like myself are going to want a massive overpay though so i hope some of you got him earlier on when there was still doubt.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am

Gibson is a weird one for me because I was high on him enough to draft him in a startup but sold for a first after Guice & AP left. It's odd to be sitting on the sidelines not getting his production in my lineup, but I'm still not convinced he's a long-term asset. I feel better about his chances given the production this season, but it's hard for RBs to stay relevant for more than a year or two.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:28 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am Gibson is a weird one for me because I was high on him enough to draft him in a startup but sold for a first after Guice & AP left. It's odd to be sitting on the sidelines not getting his production in my lineup, but I'm still not convinced he's a long-term asset. I feel better about his chances given the production this season, but it's hard for RBs to stay relevant for more than a year or two.
I do think he'll be relevant for years to come. Only because of his lack of usage in college. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg for him. Imagine after a normal off season of training. Imagine Rivera having another year to plan things for him. Barring injury, he's the future there.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:27 pm

prinefan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:28 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am Gibson is a weird one for me because I was high on him enough to draft him in a startup but sold for a first after Guice & AP left. It's odd to be sitting on the sidelines not getting his production in my lineup, but I'm still not convinced he's a long-term asset. I feel better about his chances given the production this season, but it's hard for RBs to stay relevant for more than a year or two.
I do think he'll be relevant for years to come. Only because of his lack of usage in college. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg for him. Imagine after a normal off season of training. Imagine Rivera having another year to plan things for him. Barring injury, he's the future there.
I'm going to be keeping a close eye on what the WFT does this off-season. If they show in anyway that they're not set at RB I'll be looking to sell him where I have him. I could see a possible Kerryon Johnson career trajectory

boochluke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby boochluke » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 pm

My take, based mostly on being a Panther fan and being familiar with Rivera:

Among Panthers fans, one knock on Rivera was that he was all too willing to give too many snaps to underwhelming and underperforming vets often to the detriment of the development of young players. (perceived or actual) To me, it speaks volumes that they let AP go and have given Gibson the reins over Barber. Being a veteran who excels in the pass-catching role, McKissic will get his work in and cap Gibson's fantasy value accordingly. However, once they part ways with McKissic (Who is 27) I expect Gibson gets a CMAC type treatment in terms of workload. (maybe not 95% of snaps but you get the idea)

That's when the rocket ship will truly take off!
Team 1
10 team 1QB, PPR, shallow roster
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX
QB: Josh Allen, Trey Lance
RB: Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, Javonte, Damien Harris
WR: DJM, Lamb, Higgins, Chase, Waddle, Eli Moore
TE: Pitts

Team 2
10 team 1QB, .5TEP, IDP, PPR deep roster
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1LB, 1DB, 1idpFLEX
QB: Dak, Darnold
RB: JT, Mixon, Gibson, Javonte, Pollard, Mattison, Eli Mitchell, Penny
WR: AJB, Aiyuk, Woods, Sutton, D Smith, Eli Moore, Terrace M, Mooney, Mims, Toney, Gabe Davis, Nico Collins, Amon-Ra
TE: Goedert, Kmet, Trautman
LB: Tremaine Edmunds, Deion Jones, Jamin Davis
DB: Derwin James, Jabrill Peppers[/size]

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:56 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:19 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:23 am I'll raise my hand, I missed on this kid. He is adapting and performing better than I ever would have predicted. Good on him.
Props to this guy - you just earned yourself a fan :thumbup:
Please tell my wife I can admit when I am wrong. Seriously, we all miss on guys, It's ok. I brag about my hits and own the misses
Ha!

I just think this forum is so much better off when people just own up to their misses rather than the mental gymnastics they try and put people through to defend their original take.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:42 pm

joeday wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 pm I sold him a week or two into the season for a 2021 1st after getting him in the early 3rd in a rookie draft. Great ROI but I definitely regret it. He’s not CMC but he’s not a JAG either.
Did you have a super early draft? Every draft I was in he went earlier than I expected. Seen him go as high as 4th

airforceones25
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby airforceones25 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:06 pm

August 30th draft..

Took him at pick 36 (3.12).. Absolutely delighted with his production. He and Robinson have been keeping me afloat with CMC being out.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:29 pm

airforceones25 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:06 pm August 30th draft..

Took him at pick 36 (3.12).. Absolutely delighted with his production. He and Robinson have been keeping me afloat with CMC being out.
Wow,

I took him 5/29 with pick 2.1. One guy laughed.....
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:37 pm

2.9 and McYumYum

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:59 pm

airforceones25 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:06 pm August 30th draft..

Lol how did he go 36 that close to the season? That's a joke

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Took him 3.01 in my draft the first week of august. Right before the guice news. Man I’m happy about that.

I worry a bit about his schedule ROS but his long term outlook is bright.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Traded a 4th to move up to the 2.03 from the 2.06 to grab him. Definitely not 3rd round value, but I’m still ecstatic with what he’s doing and I’m seeing.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:18 am

I wish I owned more shares of him, full disclosure, today was the first time I've actually watched him play this season. I don't get any "Football Team" games up here so he's always a box score statline until today. I scooped him up at 3.06 in one of my drafts and I'm kicking myself now for drafting guys like AJ Dillon ahead of him in other leagues.