Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:15 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:54 pm Were people truthers of Gibson so they got shares?

Or are people truthers because they have shares?

I fall under door #2. I got him in a $100 buy-in dynasty, a $30 buy-in dynasty, and also this week in a $100 buy-in redraft. So I will see the glass of water as half full rather than half empty :)

Meanwhile I have zero shares of AJ Dillon (I stared at both of them while OTC in my rookie drafts but took Gibson 2 out of 2 times). So when I look at him through jordanzs-colored goggles, he will "do nothing" this year.

Well, my rookie draft was last week. I acquired Gibson at 2.05 because my interpretation of the information available to us was that he was going to get a chance to prove himself in a regular running back capacity, and that opportunity + his athletic measureables and skillset was worth the risk for me. He may fall into the gadget type three touch per game role, but there are really no indications to me that that is what he is supposed to be.

Dillon, on the other hand, was an acquire at all costs type of guy (took him 1.12). Jones was the fantasy RB2 last year, but the guy only played 60 percent of snaps, and that was without a round 2 draft capital hand selected for the system on the roster. I wouldn’t be surprised with a near even split, and the round 2 draft capital just shows that Jones is out the door after the season. Obviously, I think he looks great, too, and shows the hands to be three down guy (his big fantasy knock).
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:28 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 pm
jordanzs wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:54 pm Were people truthers of Gibson so they got shares?

I fall under door #2. I got him in a $100 buy-in dynasty, a $30 buy-in dynasty, and also this week in a $100 buy-in redraft. So I will see the glass of water as half full rather than half empty :)

Meanwhile I have zero shares of AJ Dillon (I stared at both of them while OTC in my rookie drafts but took Gibson 2 out of 2 times). So when I look at him through jordanzs-colored goggles, he will "do nothing" this year.
1. Was a truther pre NFL draft. Saw an incredibly athletic RB with every trait you're looking for in a star RB (Speed, elusiveness, receiving ability, contact balance).

2. Became a skeptic after the guice fiasco when his ADP shot through the roof. Incredibly low volume all throughout his collegiate career.

Same evaluation, but you focus on different aspects based on ADP. As a 3rd round pick, I"m focusing upside. As a 2nd rounder I want some floor.
And as a first rounder you want...?

Fins1354
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Fins1354 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:40 am

Good question. A little bit of both for me I suppose. I was enough of a truther in late may rookie drafts to take him over Vaughn in a couple leagues, but more so afterwards. Obviously a lot more after this past week and I don't feel like I need to strike while the iron is hot and trade him for a profit, unless of course the offer is too good.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 am

I picked him up at 2.10 in May because i knew Guice was a pipe dream held onto by truthers for too long, as tends to happen in this community. Ap cant catch obviously, so i actually really liked Gibsons opportunity to be a 3rd down PPR back. I also saw the explosiveness and at that price i wasnt going to pass up on him. As time has gone on ive tried to stay away from the hype machine and remember what i thought when i drafted him, but that has been tough. A few weeks ago i was begging league mates to fall for the hype so i could trade him for a "better" back, now i feel myself hesitant to add him into any trade offers because im worried ill regret it.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Put my money where my mouth was. Just sold him for a '21 first in a superflex.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:21 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 am I picked him up at 2.10 in May because i knew Guice was a pipe dream held onto by truthers for too long, as tends to happen in this community. Ap cant catch obviously, so i actually really liked Gibsons opportunity to be a 3rd down PPR back. I also saw the explosiveness and at that price i wasnt going to pass up on him. As time has gone on ive tried to stay away from the hype machine and remember what i thought when i drafted him, but that has been tough. A few weeks ago i was begging league mates to fall for the hype so i could trade him for a "better" back, now i feel myself hesitant to add him into any trade offers because im worried ill regret it.
You knew Guice was going to be accused of strangling his girlfriend, rape and wouldn't play football?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:21 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 am I picked him up at 2.10 in May because i knew Guice was a pipe dream held onto by truthers for too long, as tends to happen in this community. Ap cant catch obviously, so i actually really liked Gibsons opportunity to be a 3rd down PPR back. I also saw the explosiveness and at that price i wasnt going to pass up on him. As time has gone on ive tried to stay away from the hype machine and remember what i thought when i drafted him, but that has been tough. A few weeks ago i was begging league mates to fall for the hype so i could trade him for a "better" back, now i feel myself hesitant to add him into any trade offers because im worried ill regret it.
You knew Guice was going to be accused of strangling his girlfriend, rape and wouldn't play football?
I thought the same thing when I was reading that. We've got multiple people on these boards who had the foresight to predict Guice's sexual and domestic allegations. Guess I should take their advice more.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:44 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm
I thought the same thing when I was reading that. We've got multiple people on these boards who had the foresight to predict Guice's sexual and domestic allegations. Guess I should take their advice more.
Didn't need to have that happen to see a role even if Guice was around. Injured all the time and not a 3rd down back or versatile in the mold of the Carolina offense that was brought to Washington

Easily could see a Kamara type role to compliment Guice's Ingram one. If injuries popped up and they moved on from AP in a year why not gamble on Gibson's physical skills with his ridiculous elusive ability for a guy his size & speed. Still isn't a slam dunk he becomes a very good pure runner but he definitely was brought in to do a lot of what they used CMC & Samuel for. Maybe he becomes more Samuel than CMC but all you can ask for is the chance. Things changed in a hurry, hope it isn't too much all @ once or they ease him in if he's not up to shouldering the whole load right away.

Point being I haven't seen anybody claiming they saw Guice & AP being gone so soon. Myself saw he fit a role better than either of those two for a Turner / Rivera offense that's all. Sure the one guy wasn't a Guice truther but you can't deny that his injury history was a factor in them bringing a guy to do the things you couldn't count on Guice to do.
Last edited by cazzie33 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:46 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm
X3 I was one of the lowest on guice on this forum. And I still valued him as an early to mid 2nd as he had the draft capital and talent just I didn't trust him to stay healthy.that kinda valueing on an RB is still firmly in the upside start or at the least useable committee back range

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:37 pm

I hate revisionists. I was low on guice way before all this off the field crap came out too. He wasn't very good and was always injured. I never understood the hype. The off the field stuff was just the nail in the coffin

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:37 pm
I hate revisionists. I was low on guice way before all this off the field crap came out too. He wasn't very good and was always injured. I never understood the hype. The off the field stuff was just the nail in the coffin
Revisionist? Did Guice fail because he got reinjured and/or was ineffective?

Just seems incredibly weird to be taking a victory lap on your Guice analysis when he cratered for entirely different reasons.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:41 pm Put my money where my mouth was. Just sold him for a '21 first in a superflex.
Winning.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 pm

Chance Guice is signed in a year?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:23 pm

yes, the RB with a career 5.8 Y/A and 11.3 YPR on a trash offense "wasn't very good"
#analysis

just admit you were wrong, realists can admit he's a f'd up human being and we can all agree to never talk about him again.

back to Gibson RB25 szn

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:16 am

jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 pm Chance Guice is signed in a year?
Not much.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick