Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 am

prinefan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am Very limited touches and major questions at pass-pro (because of lack of use, not that he's bad). That said, 33 carries at an 11.2 YPC, and 38 receptions at a 19.3 average for 12 TD's total has me drooling a bit. 71 touches for over 1100 yards. Keep in mind that Washington has arguably the worst wr corp in the league. He'll get chances. Boom or bust, and I do like the potential boom myself.
Over half his rushing yards, carries, and half his rushing TD's came in 2 games vs the Bearcats. That's another issue I have, beyond the obvious ones.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 am
prinefan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am Very limited touches and major questions at pass-pro (because of lack of use, not that he's bad). That said, 33 carries at an 11.2 YPC, and 38 receptions at a 19.3 average for 12 TD's total has me drooling a bit. 71 touches for over 1100 yards. Keep in mind that Washington has arguably the worst wr corp in the league. He'll get chances. Boom or bust, and I do like the potential boom myself.
Over half his rushing yards, carries, and half his rushing TD's came in 2 games vs the Bearcats. That's another issue I have, beyond the obvious ones.
Only because they weren't using him as an RB earlier in the season. He was a WR. He'll be both for the Washington Football Team (as a Washington fan, it's really hard to call them that). Those were 2 of the last 3 games in the season when they saw what he could do at that position.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 am

prinefan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:39 am
Only because they weren't using him as an RB earlier in the season. He was a WR. He'll be both for the Washington Football Team (as a Washington fan, it's really hard to call them that). Those were 2 of the last 3 games in the season when they saw what he could do at that position.
I understand. My point is, that's not a good team, and he padded his stats significantly vs them. I think he'll be a good manufactured touch type guy, but the idea of him being a lead back, especially year 1 are far fetched. Not a guy I'd take in the first of a rookie draft right now, even with Guice being done, with all the WR talent, but I'd gladly take him mid/early 2nd.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:21 pm

I love his upside, gut he's going to be a gadget guy. I just don't see him as an every down back at any position
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 am

I understand. My point is, that's not a good team, and he padded his stats significantly vs them. I think he'll be a good manufactured touch type guy, but the idea of him being a lead back, especially year 1 are far fetched. Not a guy I'd take in the first of a rookie draft right now, even with Guice being done, with all the WR talent, but I'd gladly take him mid/early 2nd.
X2 he definitely moved up, quite a bit honestly from a late 2/early 3 to a early-mid 2. Top of the group 2 rbs now. But I still can’t take him over the wrs at the turn

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:42 pm

The Bearcats were 11-3 and were top 30 in ypa against even with those big games. I get that they play in the AAC, but there are worse teams he could be putting up those numbers against.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Gotcha. To me, I was expecting this year to be a wash. Never expected the league to even try playing a season. Everywhere I have him, I took him with the expectation of being a year away from his first real training camp and season. I do think he'll flash big with this year's chances as a receiving back and then shine in 21. I readily admit I don't do the research as in depth as some but I usually hit a lot more than miss. Fingers crossed.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm

of course anyone's floor is 0. I was responding to several posters saying he is CPat. Again, there is a difference between actually playing running back. That means you will get... runs. a month of 5 carries a game, a month of 8-10 carries per game and then back half of season at 8-15 carries is not crazy, and certainly not if we're talking about future years. That is 150 carries. too much talk about floor with this particular player anyways

Don't let his October year 1 role overly concern you when the alternative is maybe a first year 60 target season from a good not great WR prospect.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Gibson is an intriguing prospect. I reviewed his tape but he became the first RB I didn't add to any of my ranks. There just wasn't anything decent to use to judge him properly. A true question mark for me.

I stayed away entirely as I don't like players who switch positions to play RB, and that was my advice for anyone who asked. I'm sure it's happened successfully before but I can't even think of one WR who made the transition and was good enough at it to make a career out of it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:25 am

I agree that Gibson is too risky to burn a late mid 1st rounder on, but if you’re a swing-for-the-fences type of personality, man does this guy have tangibles in spades. I get the allure, and he has the physical potential to be a league changer regardless that it is more remote that that potential will be reached.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 am

prinefan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Gotcha. To me, I was expecting this year to be a wash. Never expected the league to even try playing a season. Everywhere I have him, I took him with the expectation of being a year away from his first real training camp and season. I do think he'll flash big with this year's chances as a receiving back and then shine in 21. I readily admit I don't do the research as in depth as some but I usually hit a lot more than miss. Fingers crossed.
You expected the NFL owners to just say screw it to millions of dollars? You also expected the players to pass on getting paid millions of dollars? Has everyone forgotten that money is the driving force behind so many decisions?
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am

TheNuts wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 am

You expected the NFL owners to just say screw it to millions of dollars? You also expected the players to pass on getting paid millions of dollars? Has everyone forgotten that money is the driving force behind so many decisions?
No. Just expected them to have common sense with so many people dying from a disease we've never encountered before and apparently don't know how to control/eradicate.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:58 am

prinefan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am
TheNuts wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 am

No. Just expected them to have common sense with so many people dying from a disease we've never encountered before and apparently don't know how to control/eradicate.
These guys can set themselves up for life by playing even just one season. It's worth the risk.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:01 pm

To me the running back position is a bit like being a prize fighter. You can have a sledge hammer for fists, but if you can't take a shot, your are no good.

We generally don't see it because that trait vets out guys who can't take the punishment long before they get to the pros, but I can't help but wonder if he has the the type of body that can take the hits.

It's also hard seeing him in pass protection and being able to recognize blitzes. Since Washington has a shaky line, this could also impact his snap count.

I always saw him being used like SF uses Deebo. I think that is a new thing in the NFL, YAC monsters, weather it be at TE or WR. I think its the counter move to safeties going from 220+ pounds 10-20 years ago to 205 now.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:04 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:01 pm To me the running back position is a bit like being a prize fighter. You can have a sledge hammer for fists, but if you can't take a shot, your are no good.

We generally don't see it because that trait vets out guys who can't take the punishment long before they get to the pros, but I can't help but wonder if he has the the type of body that can take the hits.

It's also hard seeing him in pass protection and being able to recognize blitzes. Since Washington has a shaky line, this could also impact his snap count.

I always saw him being used like SF uses Deebo. I think that is a new thing in the NFL, YAC monsters, weather it be at TE or WR. I think its the counter move to safeties going from 220+ pounds 10-20 years ago to 205 now.
This, and he's also not used to the speed of the NFL and hasn't learned the nuances at RB. How many zone runs has he ever run? As Christopher Harris asks? Can he hit the right hole and get 3 yards when that's all that's there, or does he read it wrong, and lose yards? That type of running will get you benched in a hurry. That's why I don't think he's going to be a RB, in the traditional sense. He's going to be a manufactured touch guy, and have very specific runs that he will run, when he does.