Denzel Mims official thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Shcritters wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:36 am
Mims apparently on the field today doing individual drills with Gase saying ‘this is the first time I’ve seen him run routes live’.
Finally! Maybe a couple less people calling him a bust out the gate now :P

Excited to see if he plays at all Week 1 and how his season goes. But like I've said what feels like a hundred times, Mims is a true long-term dynasty play - everybody's patience level is different (even in dynasty!), and dumpster fire situations sure don't help.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott
RB - C Carson | A Ekeler | A Jones | R Mostert | B Snell | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®* | R Penny+ | L Perine ®+ | J Jackson+ | G Edwards | P Lindsay
WR - D Hopkins | K Allen | K Golladay | D Slayton | J Jeudy ® | D Mims ®* | G Davis ® | L Shenault ®* | C Johnson ® | An Brown
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews
DST: Ravens | TMK: Raiders | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:52 am

Good news - Mims sighting! And he didn't tear his hammies!

Darnold apparently looked for Mims early and often but still unsurprisingly missed him wide open a few times. In fact, I think he did all his damage in the first half.

The most interesting nugget is Gase didn't call the plays. This can only be a good thing going forward, thank the football gods.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott
RB - C Carson | A Ekeler | A Jones | R Mostert | B Snell | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®* | R Penny+ | L Perine ®+ | J Jackson+ | G Edwards | P Lindsay
WR - D Hopkins | K Allen | K Golladay | D Slayton | J Jeudy ® | D Mims ®* | G Davis ® | L Shenault ®* | C Johnson ® | An Brown
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews
DST: Ravens | TMK: Raiders | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby vflgladiators » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am

I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Lamar Jackson, Drew Brees
RBs: JK Dobbins, Antonio Gibson, Tarik Cohen, Gus Edwards, Carlos Hyde, Nyheim Hines, JD McKissic, Anthony McFarland
WR/TEs: Tyreek Hill, Juju Smith-Schuster, DJ Chark, Marquise Brown, Diontae Johnson, Henry Ruggs, Brandon Aiyuk, Van Jefferson, Darren Waller, Quintez Cephus, Russell Gage, Kenny Stills
K: Lutz, Carlson
DST: Patriots, Giants
2019 Champ
2021 picks: 2nd, 3rd, 3rd

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Lamar Jackson, Drew Lock, Sam Darnold, Philip Rivers
RBs: JK Dobbins, Jonathon Taylor, Alexander Mattison, Gus Edwards, JaMycal Hasty, Marlon Mack
WRs: Juju, Chase Claypool, Tee Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Michael Pittman, James Washington, Russell Gage, Devin Duvernay
TEs: Hunter Henry, Dalton Schultz
Ks: Lutz, Tucker
DST: Colts, Bears
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am

Excellent first half but then the offense fell apart in the second half. If they can get some protection and probably a new QB, mims could be a good target.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco, Walker
RB | CEH, Taylor, Gaskin, Singletary, Wilkins, Ahmed
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Miller, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tagovailoa
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, L. Thomas

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm

vflgladiators wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am
I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
This is exactly what I’m thinking.. this offense may look very different in 2 years with the 19 picks the Jets have, plus a new GM, new coach, Lawrence at the helm, etc.
They did invest a 2nd in him so he has the capital although it will be a different regime who may not care.

Does anyone know if he profiles as an alpha? Looking at his player profile his metrics are off the charts and his comparison is Godwin. Do you guys think he can be a true 1 in the league or do you predict that they sign or draft someone?

Seems like a decent dart throw and stash to me but I would love to hear more educated perspectives.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Tevin Coleman, Ty Johnson, Jamycal Hasty, D'Ernest Johnson, Troymaine Pope, Damien Williams, Kalen Ballage
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Terry Mclaurin, Denzel Mims, N’Keal Harry, Van Jefferson, TY Hilton
TE: Hunter Henry, Zach Ertz
DEF: Texans
K: Whoever

*League is a Keep 7. I’m in year 1 of a complete rebuild (my roster is this bad by design).
I own all of my own picks.
Additional Picks Acquired:
2021 1st
2021 2nd
2021 2nd
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2022 2nd
2022 2nd
2022 4th
2022 5th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10141
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm
vflgladiators wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am
I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
This is exactly what I’m thinking.. this offense may look very different in 2 years with the 19 picks the Jets have, plus a new GM, new coach, Lawrence at the helm, etc.
They did invest a 2nd in him so he has the capital although it will be a different regime who may not care.

Does anyone know if he profiles as an alpha? Looking at his player profile his metrics are off the charts and his comparison is Godwin. Do you guys think he can be a true 1 in the league or do you predict that they sign or draft someone?

Seems like a decent dart throw and stash to me but I would love to hear more educated perspectives.
In college he ran a limited route tree, but looked good doing it. At the Senior Bowl practices, his buzz increased and there were a lot of clips out there of him dominating corners and showing he could run a more complete route tree.

He certainly has the size, speed, and athleticism people like and has some twitch as well.

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1845
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm
vflgladiators wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am
I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
This is exactly what I’m thinking.. this offense may look very different in 2 years with the 19 picks the Jets have, plus a new GM, new coach, Lawrence at the helm, etc.
They did invest a 2nd in him so he has the capital although it will be a different regime who may not care.

Does anyone know if he profiles as an alpha? Looking at his player profile his metrics are off the charts and his comparison is Godwin. Do you guys think he can be a true 1 in the league or do you predict that they sign or draft someone?

Seems like a decent dart throw and stash to me but I would love to hear more educated perspectives.
In college he ran a limited route tree, but looked good doing it. At the Senior Bowl practices, his buzz increased and there were a lot of clips out there of him dominating corners and showing he could run a more complete route tree.

He certainly has the size, speed, and athleticism people like and has some twitch as well.
My one gripe with Mims was his game didn't seem to match his athleticism IMO, for guy that twitchy and fast he seemed to be in contested catches more often then not. Now I'm no expert and maybe his QB wasn't great etc, if he can improve his route running to get that separation as I assume that was the problem, he could definitely be an Alpha.

User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:25 am

AussieMate wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:48 pm
My one gripe with Mims was his game didn't seem to match his athleticism IMO, for guy that twitchy and fast he seemed to be in contested catches more often then not. Now I'm no expert and maybe his QB wasn't great etc, if he can improve his route running to get that separation as I assume that was the problem, he could definitely be an Alpha.
Doesn't seem to be a problem for Air Canada. It's just one piece of the puzzle, athleticism. Look at Higgins, he's not a great athlete relatively speaking to his peers, and he's doing fine. So it goes both ways and sideways too. Analytics, metrics and stats are nice, but it's still people and organizations we're talking about, so numbers will never, ever explain hits and misses 100%.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott
RB - C Carson | A Ekeler | A Jones | R Mostert | B Snell | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®* | R Penny+ | L Perine ®+ | J Jackson+ | G Edwards | P Lindsay
WR - D Hopkins | K Allen | K Golladay | D Slayton | J Jeudy ® | D Mims ®* | G Davis ® | L Shenault ®* | C Johnson ® | An Brown
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews
DST: Ravens | TMK: Raiders | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

Shcritters
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm

I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
DFFL - Luck Dynasty
12 team PPR Contract/Salary league. $331 cap limit. Starting lineup is QB, RB, RB/WR, 2 WR, WR/TE, plus IDP's (2 LB, 2 CB/S, 2 DL).

QB: Rivers ($6 - 2020), Mayfield ($4 - 2022)
RB: Chubb ($5 - 2022), Gurley ($58 - 2020), Mixon ($7 - 2023), Guice ($6 - 2022), MWilliams ($1-2024)
WR: Julio ($75 - 2019), Cooper ($12 - 2021), JuJu SS ($2 - 2023), Diggs ($2 - 2021), Watkins ($15 - 2020), MWilliams ($9 - 2022), Kirk ($2 - 2024), Isabella ($2 - 2025)
2013 and 2017 League Champion

Gopher Two
PPR WR & TE Premium (1.2 PPR for WR, 1.5 for TE), 9 total starters, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Mayfield, Carr
RB: Cook, Chubb, Connor, Mattison, Ogunbowale, Richard, Crowell
WR: MThomas, Tyreek, Davis, Sutton, AJBrown, Dorsett, PRichardson, DParker, Doctson, Cain
TE: Dissly, OJHoward, McDonald, Shaheen, Vannett, Fells
2020: 1st (late), 2nd (early), 3rd, 4th

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4531
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm

Shcritters wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm
I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall

StripesOfKC
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm
Shcritters wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm
I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall
Chances they go Etinenne with 1.xx or 2.01 to pair them up
Team 1

8 Team 0.5 PPR
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K
2019-20 Champion
QB: Burrow, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Daniel Jones, Jordan Love
RB: CEH, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Damien Harris, DeeJay Dallas, Cohen (IR), Frank Gore
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Diontae Johnson, Sutton (IR), Gallup, Mims, Pittman, Anthony Miller, Bryan Edwards, Parris Campbell (IR), Mooney, Gabe Davis, Collin Johnson, Isaiah Coulter
TE: Kittle (IR), Hockenson, Gesicki
D: Steelers
K: Gould

2021: 1 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 4th
2022: 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th

Team 2

IDP Orphan 12 Team 1 QB PPR 0.5 Pt Per Comp, -0.5 Pt for Incomp
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Tua
RB: Mixon, CEH, Michel, James White
WR: Lockett, Gallup, Slayton, Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Mims
TE: Gesicki, Goedert

DL: Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jeffrey Simmons
LB: Brian Burns, Logan Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, K'Lavon Chiasson
DB: Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson, Chuck Clark, Xavier McKinney, Kyle Dugger

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4531
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm

StripesOfKC wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm
Shcritters wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm
I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall
Chances they go Etinenne with 1.xx or 2.01 to pair them up
Hopefully not, they need to address the OL, passing game weapons and D first. The last RB they invested highly in didn't turn out very well.

Also holding out hope Etienne winds up in SF, he would be a monster in that system.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm
Shcritters wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm
I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall
I don't see Marshall the ideal fit. He's too similar to Mims. A faster, twitchier player would be better IMO. I think the Jets need to do more at OL and on the D before drafting a WR, personally.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4531
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm
Shcritters wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm
I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall
I don't see Marshall the ideal fit. He's too similar to Mims. A faster, twitchier player would be better IMO. I think the Jets need to do more at OL and on the D before drafting a WR, personally.
Was just using a WR who is possibly going to be in that draft range, there will be plenty of options though. You're right they need defense, but they need a lot of things and they aren't going to fix it all in one offseason or one draft, it will take another draft or two. What is absolutely critical though is setting up Lawrence to succeed and develop, and they can do this by giving him a strong offensive line and quality receivers to throw to and grow with. The offense really should be the priority this offseason so they can maximize their investment in Trevor and then turn the focus more to the defense in the following drafts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:54 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm


Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall
I don't see Marshall the ideal fit. He's too similar to Mims. A faster, twitchier player would be better IMO. I think the Jets need to do more at OL and on the D before drafting a WR, personally.
Was just using a WR who is possibly going to be in that draft range, there will be plenty of options though. You're right they need defense, but they need a lot of things and they aren't going to fix it all in one offseason or one draft, it will take another draft or two. What is absolutely critical though is setting up Lawrence to succeed and develop, and they can do this by giving him a strong offensive line and quality receivers to throw to and grow with. The offense really should be the priority this offseason so they can maximize their investment in Trevor and then turn the focus more to the defense in the following drafts.
Yeah, I think it will be interesting to see who they add as HC. They could always sign a vet WR as opposed to drafting one. Trying to lure an A Rob or someone like Watkins rather than go with 2 inexperienced WR's like Mims and a rookie may be better for Trevor. I'd expect them to do that, assuming Lawrence is actually willing to play for the Jets. I'm not sold on that yet.

NY would be a great market for him to make a ton of cash outside of the salary he makes, but I'm sure he has a team of people, and he's a pretty strong personality, as seen by advocating for the college season, so if he doesn't want to play for the Jets, I'm sure he'll advocate for that, too. I'm really curious to see what JJ does if the Cowboys keep losing. They should be 0-6, really. If they are within striking distance of the 1.01, I could see him making a trade. Jags are still most likely with their draft capital. If Douglas could move the 1.01 for multiple firsts, 2nds etc, and still get Fields, I think he might try it. He's collecting picks with the Adams trade, they have multiple first in multiple years, so I am really curious as to what happens.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests