Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby mild » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 pm

mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:04 am All we are doing here is speculating, including what PFF is doing on that stat. What do you or PFF have to validate that all of those passes were inaccurate?
Soooo... you're saying you have a better statistical grading process for watching film than PFF, and that it's all subjective speculation anyhow? Cool man, got it.
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:43 am Saying that a WR is running the wrong release with a route and slowing an entire offense down without anything to support it would be speculation. You're using a lot of "maybe" "possibly" "it could've been" without anything to really support a stance.

PFF watches All-22 and grades plays in detail. They aren't 100% factual of course, but what they're doing is a lot closer to a factual conclusion than a hunch. The article has plenty of data to support its stance.
Thanks Cameron. You're honestly doing the lords work with these donkeys. :lol:

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

mild wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 pm
mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:04 am All we are doing here is speculating, including what PFF is doing on that stat. What do you or PFF have to validate that all of those passes were inaccurate?
Soooo... you're saying you have a better statistical grading process for watching film than PFF, and that it's all subjective speculation anyhow? Cool man, got it.

I don't recall saying that at all. Just that I don't necessarily believe that all of PFF's "data" is completely accurate since they can't know what was supposed to happen on any incompletion. They are basically guessing on whose blame it is without really knowing what was going on with the play.

austing
Role Player
Role Player

If Broncos take a QB, Jeudy + Sutton value?

Postby austing » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:50 pm

I acquired Jeudy and Sutton for pennies (relatively) last year in the hopes of the Broncos taking a QB. What do you think the ceiling is for these guys if they get any of the top five QBs? Also do some QBs increase their value more than others? Should they be solid holds or should I think of flipping one before or after the draft for other usable pieces in my signature team? Been a while since I've posted and I've always tried to heed the advice I get here, much appreciated guys.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: If Broncos take a QB, Jeudy + Sutton value?

Postby honcho55 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Hard to give em a big bump in my book. I’m a believer in both, and I’d wager whoever has em in other leagues is in a similar boat: their valuation already includes the idea that an improvement at QB is probably coming. Nice work grabbing em cheap, I have not been able to get either in leagues I don’t have em.

I think it might even be a good time to sell, if a rookie QB comes in and someone perceives that as a big boost.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Not sure if Fields or Lance would be much of an improvement (if at all) over Lock. At least in terms of FF/statistically.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:50 pm

broncohead wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm Not sure if Fields or Lance would be much of an improvement (if at all) over Lock. At least in terms of FF/statistically.
This is an insane take.

Fields would be a massive improvement, in both contexts - and especially as a standalone fantasy piece. You are talking about Drew Lock: by many, many metrics one of the worst QB's in the league. Fields would be a must-have for late round QB fliers in 1QB redraft, and the QB2 with a bullet in Superflex rookie drafts. Zero question.

Don't forget: a 4.44 40-yard at 6"3 227 lbs would arguably make Fields the RB1 of this class athletically. Only RG3 has measured faster (4.41). He is the most likely of any of these QB's to take off and run, Lamar style. QB's that can rush on 3rd down to keep their offenses on the field is the new meta, and staying on the field in a game creates more opportunities (ie attempts) for the rest of the offense to score. A rising tide lifts all ships.

Now you're telling me that he would have (one of) the best pass-catching corps in the league, plus a capable pass catching RB in Melvin Gordon? You're spelling out spiked weeks for Fields, my friend. He would be a fantasy rock-star.

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:08 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:50 pm
broncohead wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm Not sure if Fields or Lance would be much of an improvement (if at all) over Lock. At least in terms of FF/statistically.
This is an insane take.

Fields would be a massive improvement, in both contexts - and especially as a standalone fantasy piece. You are talking about Drew Lock: by many, many metrics one of the worst QB's in the league. Fields would be a must-have for late round QB fliers in 1QB redraft, and the QB2 with a bullet in Superflex rookie drafts. Zero question.

Don't forget: a 4.44 40-yard at 6"3 227 lbs would arguably make Fields the RB1 of this class athletically. Only RG3 has measured faster (4.41). He is the most likely of any of these QB's to take off and run, Lamar style. QB's that can rush on 3rd down to keep their offenses on the field is the new meta, and staying on the field in a game creates more opportunities (ie attempts) for the rest of the offense to score. A rising tide lifts all ships.

Now you're telling me that he would have (one of) the best pass-catching corps in the league, plus a capable pass catching RB in Melvin Gordon? You're spelling out spiked weeks for Fields, my friend. He would be a fantasy rock-star.
I think he was talking about the improvement to Jeudy and Sutton not being much (fantasy points wise) over what lock provides at least in year one. Perhaps cam newton style ideas of stolen red zone attempts for skill players and better for himself than others fantasy style play is what he was getting at. Still, I'm with you that fields accuracy alone, on top of extending drives is enough to put him above lock in terms of how much it helps my two receivers. How much above I have no idea..
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:50 pm
This is an insane take.

lol

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:51 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 pm lol
roflmao

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:19 am

I do get a kick out of “fastest timed 40 since RG3”.

1. Everyone is running “faster” because there is no combine.

2. Elite Running QBs don’t run the 40 — Lamar/Kyler are both faster.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 am

Sriracha wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:19 am I do get a kick out of “fastest timed 40 since RG3”.

Fields looks very quick and athletic but I don't buy 4.4. he's not that much faster than Lance or Wilson for that matter

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:31 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:19 am I do get a kick out of “fastest timed 40 since RG3”.

I don't really care about his 40 time. I already know he's fast enough as a QB for read options and designed runs. This lifts his floor.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Frame counters have his time as a 4.50

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm

I definitely enjoyed choosing that wording carefully, so you're welcome. :D I definitely agree that Lamar and Kyler are both faster. The point being that he'll be in that sort of class of QB, though.

Because regardless, we're still talking about a dude with RB1 measurables playing QB. I'd be excited about him in Denver if it eventuated... his accuracy would be a huge upgrade over Lock. That offense would really boom with Fields, I feel.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:58 pm

Could be back this week - had a solid connection early on with Teddy Bridgewater but not sure if that will resume immediately or not since Sutton is slowly building rapport. Also did not practice today so might be another week?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..