Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby Shcritters » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Resurrecting this thread 2/3 of the way through the season. A couple comments:
- It’s surprising to me he isn’t getting more targets. He’s starting to get them the last three weeks, but I thought he would get more earlier with no other major players in the passing game other than Fant.
- He’s doing decent with his targets, but I expected more from someone who was supposed to be so polished.
- On the above... Lock is clearly struggling. I’m sure not hoping that they go to someone else next year as it doesn’t appear he’s the answer at QB.

Anyone else?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Shcritters wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 pm Resurrecting this thread 2/3 of the way through the season. A couple comments:
- It’s surprising to me he isn’t getting more targets. He’s starting to get them the last three weeks, but I thought he would get more earlier with no other major players in the passing game other than Fant.
- He’s doing decent with his targets, but I expected more from someone who was supposed to be so polished.
- On the above... Lock is clearly struggling. I’m sure not hoping that they go to someone else next year as it doesn’t appear he’s the answer at QB.

Anyone else?
Weeks 1-5, Jeudy was 26th in air yards
Weeks 5-9, Jeudy is 2nd in air yards

So, the opportunities for bigger plays are arriving. The issue is that Lock hasn't been accurate.

Jeudy's been fine this year. He's flashed moments of brilliance and is getting better the last few weeks, but I think overall he's just hindered by the QB right now.

Still, he's on pace for 60/981/4 right now as a rookie, which is nothing to scoff at.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Yeah, I'm encouraged long-term, just don't feel great starting him this year anyway. Always blows my mind who does and doesn't hit as a rookie WR. There's a lot more to it, and I thought I already knew a lot of reasons why they take off or circle the drain. But hey, that's fantasy football - just when you think you know something, you don't know jack!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Think he has an argument as the best looking rookie WR. Consistent separation, advanced route running, dynamic YAC. Only reason the production isn’t up there with Jefferson and Lamb is his QB play.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:15 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 pm Think he has an argument as the best looking rookie WR. Consistent separation, advanced route running, dynamic YAC. Only reason the production isn’t up there with Jefferson and Lamb is his QB play.
Curious what this is based on? None of these guys have seen strong QB play throughout the year.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:15 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 pm Think he has an argument as the best looking rookie WR. Consistent separation, advanced route running, dynamic YAC. Only reason the production isn’t up there with Jefferson and Lamb is his QB play.
Curious what this is based on? None of these guys have seen strong QB play throughout the year.
The observation that he looks as good as any other rookie is just based on watching them play. Seems pretty obvious that Lock is a lot worse than Cousins and Dak.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:27 pm
Shcritters wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 pm Resurrecting this thread 2/3 of the way through the season. A couple comments:

Anyone else?
Weeks 1-5, Jeudy was 26th in air yards
Weeks 5-9, Jeudy is 2nd in air yards

So, the opportunities for bigger plays are arriving. The issue is that Lock hasn't been accurate.

Jeudy's been fine this year. He's flashed moments of brilliance and is getting better the last few weeks, but I think overall he's just hindered by the QB right now.

Still, he's on pace for 60/981/4 right now as a rookie, which is nothing to scoff at.
He's getting overshadowed by some rookies having historic seasons, but 60/981/4 is quite good for a rookie WR (especially one with poor QB play in a bad offense). I think he's a buy...his value probably should have increased based on his pace 10 weeks in but it hasn't.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:02 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 pm
The observation that he looks as good as any other rookie is just based on watching them play. Seems pretty obvious that Lock is a lot worse than Cousins and Dak.
Lock and whoever else was throwing while he was out lol plus Lambs stats have come down since the Dak injury. I'd agree they are all going to be very good WR.

I'd say Jefferson jumped into the top tier with Lamb and Jeudy. No way I'm lowering Jeudy off of what I've seen so far, that's bad process

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:02 am

Lock and whoever else was throwing while he was out lol plus Lambs stats have come down since the Dak injury. I'd agree they are all going to be very good WR.

I'd say Jefferson jumped into the top tier with Lamb and Jeudy. No way I'm lowering Jeudy off of what I've seen so far, that's bad process
If we're redrafting right now I would take Jefferson and Lamb over Jeudy (I had Jeudy as WR1 preseason) due mostly to situation but think all 3 are in the same tier. I wouldn't add anything substantial to Jeudy to get Jefferson or Lamb in a trade.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 am

If we're redrafting right now I would take Jefferson and Lamb over Jeudy (I had Jeudy as WR1 preseason) due mostly to situation but think all 3 are in the same tier. I wouldn't add anything substantial to Jeudy to get Jefferson or Lamb in a trade.
Agreed on all counts

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:02 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 am
Chwf3rd wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 am

Agreed on all counts
I'm right with you both. Jeudy is a technician. Can't believe he's got a chance to hit 1000 yards with the QB play he has had this year... The Broncos "best" QB just threw for 4 picks last week, and Jeudy's already played with three different quarterbacks through 9 games!
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:51 pm

I believe most have Lamb and Jefferson over Jeudy because of the splash weeks where they score 20+. So far Jeudy had only had 1 other worldly game but he's been so damn consistent even with trash throwing to him. Reminds me a lot of what DHop had to endure before Watson showed up.. or what Andre Johnson had to deal with for most of his career.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 pm

I think jeudy is who I expected him to be, except for his drops. He has had a few bad drops that were 100% on him.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm

PFF says Jeudy targets had a catchable rate of 53%, far lower than the other top rookies. Justin Jefferson led with 88% (go Cousins!)
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm

I believe in Jeudy long-term. He did have some pretty bad drops and that was on him. I’d definitely be trying to buy him low.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd