Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 pm

broncohead wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm I believe in Jeudy long-term. He did have some pretty bad drops and that was on him. I’d definitely be trying to buy him low.
If I didn't already have him in half my leagues, I'd be buying too. He can get open at the drop of a hat and has good instincts.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:16 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm PFF says Jeudy targets had a catchable rate of 53%, far lower than the other top rookies. Justin Jefferson led with 88% (go Cousins!)
What was KJ Hamler's catchable target rate? How about Tim Patrick? DaeSean Hamilon?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:16 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm PFF says Jeudy targets had a catchable rate of 53%, far lower than the other top rookies. Justin Jefferson led with 88% (go Cousins!)
What was KJ Hamler's catchable target rate? How about Tim Patrick? DaeSean Hamilon?
Don't know. I don't have a PFF subscription, saw one Tweet with the top rookies. Pro Football Reference has Drew Lock at 69% catchable pass rate though, so I'd guess their catchable pass rates are also low.

Jeudy's average depth of target was 13.5, Patrick 12.5, Hamler 10.4, Hamilton 13.4, Fant 6.7.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 pm
broncohead wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm I believe in Jeudy long-term. He did have some pretty bad drops and that was on him. I’d definitely be trying to buy him low.
If I didn't already have him in half my leagues, I'd be buying too. He can get open at the drop of a hat and has good instincts.
Owners of Players like Jeudy and Ruggs would be complete fools for selling them low after their rookie season.

Not every rookie comes into the league and lights it up. Situations are very different. If you can get them at low prices by taking advantage of the redraft mindset fools then go and fleece them. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:12 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 am
Owners of Players like Jeudy and Ruggs would be complete fools for selling them low after their rookie season.

Not every rookie comes into the league and lights it up. Situations are very different. If you can get them at low prices by taking advantage of the redraft mindset fools then go and fleece them. :D
Jeudy by all accounts didn't even have a miserable rookie year!

CeeDee Lamb 2020 Stats: 111 targets 74 rec 935 yds 5 tds (9 Drops)

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Stats: 113 targets 52 rec 856 yds 3 tds (9 Drops)

It's safe to say people like Lambs situation better but Jeudy is likely on a team that takes a serious look at QB.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 am

Mike11 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:12 am

It's safe to say people like Lambs situation better but Jeudy is likely on a team that takes a serious look at QB.
Wow. Less than 100 yards off with 22 less receptions. Interesting.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Mike11 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:12 am

I don't think he had a terrible year either but he didn't meet the expectations of his draft status to some. These kids come in pretty raw and it takes a year or two just to develop.

There is a fairly large subset of fantasy players that have zero patience and if they hold these type of players they are pretty easy targets.

I expect Jeudy to progress like Chark did in Jacksonville personally.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:33 pm

I read that Hamlers was bottom 5 of the league as well. I don’t have PFF so don’t quote me on that.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 am
Don't know. I don't have a PFF subscription, saw one Tweet with the top rookies. Pro Football Reference has Drew Lock at 69% catchable pass rate though, so I'd guess their catchable pass rates are also low.

Jeudy's average depth of target was 13.5, Patrick 12.5, Hamler 10.4, Hamilton 13.4, Fant 6.7.
Hamler: 77%, Patrick 70.5%, Daesean: 72%

Earlier in the season Patrick's ADoT was 14ish and his catchable target percentage was still in the 70s.
Jeudy and his 113 targets is a big reason Lock's catchable target percentage isn't higher.

The WR and QB are involved in catchable target rate. Jeudy's has been egregiously low all year.. even when he was playing 2nd fiddle to Tim Patrick for half the season vs inferior CBs. He was as much of a reason for that pathetic catchable target percentage as Lock.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Earlier in the season Patrick's ADoT was 14ish and his catchable target percentage was still in the 70s.
Jeudy and his 113 targets is a big reason Lock's catchable target percentage isn't higher.

The WR and QB are involved in catchable target rate. Jeudy's has been egregiously low all year.. even when he was playing 2nd fiddle to Tim Patrick for half the season vs inferior CBs. He was as much of a reason for that pathetic catchable target percentage as Lock.
Wait... Are you saying Jeudy is the reason that Jeudy's targets weren't catchable?? Is he supposed to throw to himself? Lol

Is his deeper Adot and lower catchable % not an indicator that Lock's deep ball accuracy isn't good? Seems to me if they got a semi-competent QB in Denver and Jeudy will have better numbers. Not that his rookie year was even all that bad

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Wait... Are you saying Jeudy is the reason that Jeudy's targets weren't catchable?? Is he supposed to throw to himself? Lol

Is his deeper Adot and lower catchable % not an indicator that Lock's deep ball accuracy isn't good? Seems to me if they got a semi-competent QB in Denver and Jeudy will have better numbers. Not that his rookie year was even all that bad
That's why I pointed out that even when Patrick was operating as their #1 and being guarded by opposing teams #1 CB, and had a deeper ADoT than Jeudy his catchable target percentage was still much, much higher than Jeudy's.

Jeudy's catch rate is literally one of the worst qualifying rates in NFL history.

What's more likely here: Lock specifically couldn't hit Jeudy at a higher clip than any other WR on the team (because reasons?) or that Jeudy was not where Lock expected him to be? Patrick was operating as the deepest ADoT receiver for most of the season (before Jeudy took over that role in the 2nd half of the season) without the same level of deficiencies Jeudy experienced.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:45 pm

Wasting your breath lol, look at this guys post history anytime jeudys name comes up in a thread he comes in to quickly throw bleep all over it , half his posts must be about how terrible jeudy is and lock is a stud :

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:36 pm

Part of the reason for the low catachable pass % could be do to his unorthodox route running. Quarterbacks depend on rythym and Jeudy seems to operate on a different beat entirely than other receivers. Thats the nice way of saying it. The other way is he's too cute with his moves and gets caught up juking his corner and looking good doing it at the expense of a well timed route that his QB can depend on.

Drew Lock is terrible, no denying that. He shoulders a lot of blame. I also think Jeudy shoulders blame for wasted motion that disrupts the timing of plays sometimes. I also think this is partly why Lock ignored him for large chunks of games. Inconsistent timing and a lot of drops are not a quarterbacks friend.

Jefferson doesnt waste motion. Hes fluid and can shake a corner more concisely and he gives Cousins consistency. Kirk can count on him to be where hes supposed to at the moment he is supposed to be there.

I've been a harsh critic of Jeudy but its not like I dont think he'll be a fantasy asset. I just see his ceiling as a dime a dozen, wr2/wr3 type. Nothing special and was overhyped.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:05 am

KingsKing wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:45 pm

Wasting your breath lol, look at this guys post history anytime jeudys name comes up in a thread he comes in to quickly throw bleep all over it , half his posts must be about how terrible jeudy is and lock is a stud :
Not true, both were bad this year. Both are talented players that could be very very good if they develop. This narrative that Jeudy is amazing and Lock was his only problem is fiction; Jeudy's catchable target percentage is referenced constantly to defend that position. And I get it, it's an easy to reference stat that confirms what they're looking for -- Jeudy good, Lock bad.. but when you look deeper it's a little more complicated.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:09 am

Jeudy was amazing in college. The Alabama QBs didn't have an issue with his routes.