Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:58 am

realmacaroni wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 am Just lookin for a place to piggy back real quick, cause this is not thread worthy;
Opinions on DeSean Hamilton? Worth a speculative stash in light of a possible trade? What’s his ceiling, 1 or 2 flex starts on a deep bye week? Flirt with WR3 both for a real NFL team and FF?
I don't think he's worth much at all, but I guess a new spot would help. I'd think DEN prefers Hamler at WR3, although they are different WR. Both could likely be PSU busts.

Speaking of, you could probably get Hamler really cheap right now. I'd rather take that gamble but who knows

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:05 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 am Just lookin for a place to piggy back real quick, cause this is not thread worthy;
Opinions on DeSean Hamilton? Worth a speculative stash in light of a possible trade? What’s his ceiling, 1 or 2 flex starts on a deep bye week? Flirt with WR3 both for a real NFL team and FF?
I don't think Hamilton has much value. I wouldn't give a rookie pick for him as I think he's a roster clogger.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Hamilton would be a waiver add IF I added him. I would def not trade an asset for him
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 4.2, 4.7
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:04 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:33 pm Hamilton would be a waiver add IF I added him. I would def not trade an asset for him
I'll take a rookie over him.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:26 am

mild wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 am How are those passes graded though honestly? I'm not saying Lock was good by any means, but Jeudy does do a lot of "juking" and other ad libs that could throw his route off just enough to cause issues. I think it was mostly a QB issue, but there is partial blame on Jeudy's end too that he needs to clean up. I still have him highly ranked and think he'll bounce back.
Exactly. If Jeudy would just run the bleep route and stop dancing all day this number would not be as high.
This is a facepalm worthy criticism. If you really feel this way, you might as well sell any shares you have of him and quit posting in this thread. You don't understand what makes him great.

We're talking about a guy that never gives a CB the same look twice, potentially the next great route runner in the game if his contemporaries are to be believed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/ ... have_high/

Xavien Howard got completely spun on a slant route. A *slant* route. When does that even happen?

This stuff...

https://twitter.com/mattbowen41/status/ ... 40?lang=en

Is still very much there for him in the Pros.

https://twitter.com/bradkelly17/status/ ... 74?lang=en

His first step, and his ability to flip his hips into his breaks and completely change his motion/direction - are his elite traits. "Dancing all day". Lol.
Nothing makes him great because he hasn't *been* great yet.

Yes, sometimes he makes guys look foolish when running those sick routes. He also sometimes wastes a lot motion doing it and throws off the timing of the play. QBs like consistency. Lock is pretty bad but some of the blame lands on Jeudy too. Guys like Jefferson and Diggs are elite route runners but somehow manage to do it without disrupting timing. Jeudy exaggerates too much at times and needs to dial it back a notch.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 am

All QB/WR combos have timing issues. I’m curious if there is anything in particular that draws you to the conclusion the rate for Jeudy is noteworthy in excess of anything normal, above the already noting that Lock at a general level is at best average accuracy. This would presumably be instances where Lock is releasing before Jeudy has made his break to establish the route, and not instances where Lock is throwing to Jeudy after he’s already created the separation. Is there a video with all Jerry Jeudy targets out there for a few weeks of game film?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:52 am

I agree with both sides a bit in this latest turn if events. I agree that it is questionable whether Lock can be a competent starter in the NFL and that he currently lacks accuracy, and I also agree that Jeudy at times gets so engaged in his movements to create separation that he can throw off the timing of plays. I can’t help but wonder if that isn’t part of the reason for his drops - which even he admits are a problem. If he gets so caught up in the movements that he uses to free himself that it affects how ready he is to catch the ball when it arrives?

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:52 am I agree with both sides a bit in this latest turn if events. I agree that it is questionable whether Lock can be a competent starter in the NFL and that he currently lacks accuracy, and I also agree that Jeudy at times gets so engaged in his movements to create separation that he can throw off the timing of plays. I can’t help but wonder if that isn’t part of the reason for his drops - which even he admits are a problem. If he gets so caught up in the movements that he uses to free himself that it affects how ready he is to catch the ball when it arrives?
Getting too engaged with his movements is a good way to put it. And as you pointed out I do believe it contributes to his drops. His focus seems to be to aimed at breaking ankles than making football plays...I'm carrying that statement to an extreme but I think there's some truth to it. If sometimes you go to hysterics to get open, you're crossing a line where it's no longer beneficial. It's not all the time but it IS some of the time. Sometimes he just needs to run the bleep route and keep the play on script.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:52 am I agree with both sides a bit in this latest turn if events. I agree that it is questionable whether Lock can be a competent starter in the NFL and that he currently lacks accuracy, and I also agree that Jeudy at times gets so engaged in his movements to create separation that he can throw off the timing of plays. I can’t help but wonder if that isn’t part of the reason for his drops - which even he admits are a problem. If he gets so caught up in the movements that he uses to free himself that it affects how ready he is to catch the ball when it arrives?
It really doesn't look like Jeudy's routes are wasted movement. Someone asked for A22 of his routes and releases, and here's a thread of it:

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/stat ... 8054464521

I'd need someone who really understands routes at the professional level to tell me if those are wasted movements. Because on multiple glances, it doesn't look like anything extra to create separation. Some of those releases are moves DaVante Adams does on the regular.

Currently, it would just be a hunch to blame that as the reason for some struggles last season. It's nothing we can measure statistically and eyeball wise, it's not standing out as anything different than what the leagues most talented route runners do.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:05 pm
It really doesn't look like Jeudy's routes are wasted movement. Someone asked for A22 of his routes and releases, and here's a thread of it:

I'd need someone who really understands routes at the professional level to tell me if those are wasted movements. Because on multiple glances, it doesn't look like anything extra to create separation. Some of those releases are moves DaVante Adams does on the regular.

Currently, it would just be a hunch to blame that as the reason for some struggles last season. It's nothing we can measure statistically and eyeball wise, it's not standing out as anything different than what the leagues most talented route runners do.
This is a thread of someone hyping his route running so it probably will show positive clips, although he did drop the ball on one of them (proving a point of another poster). Even in those clips there are several where he seems to dance or use a lot of wasted motion and jukes which definitely could throw off the timing with the QB. Using Adams as an example isn't apples and oranges as he has had several years for he and Rodgers to get in synch. But if the QB is expecting the WR to be at a certain place on his route at an exact time and the WR isn't due to excessive movement at the line, it could definitely throw off the timing and make the throw look off the mark when it might have been where it was supposed to be.

Obviously no analytics here to make this point as this argument is all subjective. And I'm no WR expert, but just looking at it he does seem to waste movement and possibly throw off timing.

Also, Lock is horrible, so a lot of blame also goes on him for sure.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:26 am
mild wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm Exactly. If Jeudy would just run the bleep route and stop dancing all day this number would not be as high.
You don't understand what makes him great.
His first step, and his ability to flip his hips into his breaks and completely change his motion/direction - are his elite traits. "Dancing all day". Lol.
Nothing makes him great because he hasn't *been* great yet.

Yes, sometimes he makes guys look foolish when running those sick routes. He also sometimes wastes a lot motion doing it and throws off the timing of the play. QBs like consistency. Lock is pretty bad but some of the blame lands on Jeudy too. Guys like Jefferson and Diggs are elite route runners but somehow manage to do it without disrupting timing. Jeudy exaggerates too much at times and needs to dial it back a notch.
This is so willfully obtuse. "Hasn't been great yet". He was absolutely insane in college, and was easily one of the most exciting WR talents coming out as both a prospect and a player. He was drafted in the first round in an all-time WR class, ahead of some guys that look like future Pro Bowlers. To deny his talents because his first year in the Pros didn't look so hot - well, I don't really see the point of that sentence nor what it's adding to this conversation.

Please show me some routes where Jeudy "wastes a lot of motion" and "throws off the timing of the play". You get negative points if he is wide open on any play you post.

*Guy posts a brilliant statistically based breakdown article about how Jerry Jeudy was literally the unluckiest receiver in the NFL last year because of Drew Lock's play*

"It's Jeudy's fault too, it's not all on Lock! He wastes motion in his routes!"

C'mon now. He was a rookie that struggled with drops and had no OTA's, and received the worst QB play in the league last year by just about any metric you want to cut it up with. Despite all this, he was creating consistent seperation against NFL corners. Philosophically, do you think it's Davante Adams job to:
a. Just run the damn route, or
b. Get the f--- open?

It's the latter. There are many receivers in the NFL who just run the dang route, and don't get open. There's nothing special about them, and they don't command targets as a result. This is a guy who could well end up being open on every play because of his footwork and releases - he's that good, we're showing you he's that good. He was a Rookie. He is a special, special talent. I'm trying to help you here, ultimately... but again, if you just want a highly drafted WR who just runs the dang route, then perhaps you might enquire about a N'Keal Harry share in your league, I hear he can be had cheap...

Seperation means good things for WR's. You should learn to love it... a little dancing never hurt nobody.
https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/138 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm

mgscott wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 pm

This is a thread of someone hyping his route running so it probably will show positive clips, although he did drop the ball on one of them (proving a point of another poster). Even in those clips there are several where he seems to dance or use a lot of wasted motion and jukes which definitely could throw off the timing with the QB. Using Adams as an example isn't apples and oranges as he has had several years for he and Rodgers to get in synch. But if the QB is expecting the WR to be at a certain place on his route at an exact time and the WR isn't due to excessive movement at the line, it could definitely throw off the timing and make the throw look off the mark when it might have been where it was supposed to be.

Obviously no analytics here to make this point as this argument is all subjective. And I'm no WR expert, but just looking at it he does seem to waste movement and possibly throw off timing.

But, how is it excessive movement if he's getting open in an efficient manner?

The way you're talking about is like Jeudy is actually struggling to beat DBs off the LOS with his releases and has to keep countering. Otherwise, why would he beat a DB with a release and then double up on his work to do it again? It's suggesting that a WR doesn't actually know that he's won with his release.

It doesn't make any sense from an eye test, especially in the clips above. The clips don't objectively look like a WR who takes longer to win with a release than anyone else.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm
mgscott wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 pm

But, how is it excessive movement if he's getting open in an efficient manner?

The way you're talking about is like Jeudy is actually struggling to beat DBs off the LOS with his releases and has to keep countering. Otherwise, why would he beat a DB with a release and then double up on his work to do it again? It's suggesting that a WR doesn't actually know that he's won with his release.

It doesn't make any sense from an eye test, especially in the clips above. The clips don't objectively look like a WR who takes longer to win with a release than anyone else.
I agree. It is baffling as to why he makes so many moves to run a simple slant.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm

mgscott wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm I agree. It is baffling as to why he makes so many moves to run a simple slant.
You're talking about it like he just needs to run in a slanted line after the ball hikes.

Why won't Adams just run the damn route.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm
mgscott wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm I agree. It is baffling as to why he makes so many moves to run a simple slant.
You're talking about it like he just needs to run in a slanted line after the ball hikes.

Why won't Adams just run the damn route.
Adams isn't running a slant here. And he looks nothing like Jeudy in this clip.