Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby Shcritters » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:37 pm

I spent some time looking through the forum but couldn't find a Jerry Jeudy specific thread (open to correction if I missed it).

What say we? Before 2019 he was talked about as the surefire WR1 in the upcoming draft class (he was a Devy darling), but then he didn't have a blow-up 2019 season (fell into WR1/2 conversation with Lamb), and then was drafted to a bad location (Denver) and has fallen even further. I grabbed him at 1.10 in one of my drafts and was surprised he fell that far. I almost always go talent over situation - something that allowed me to grab AJ Brown at 1.10 last year - so I'm hopeful something similar happens with Jeudy. Having said that, Lock is a huge question mark, they've got Fant/Sutton/Hamler, and aren't historically a high passing volume offense.

Do we think that he becomes a serviceable WR2 (not this year, but perhaps next)?
Do we think he's doomed because of the situation and Lock?
Should we be selling high on the lingering hype and age?

Looking to hear the forum's perspective.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:40 pm

I think the situation is a huge plus. He’ll be manning a the slot for a QB with downfield accuracy issues and an OC in Shurmur that highlights the slot position. His awareness and route running are excellent, so I could see him getting on the field quickly as well.

My concerns for him are that he’s trash as a run blocker and he was often benched for clear running plays. He also lined up in the slot a lot and was put in motion as often as not when he was lined up outside, Not sure how he’ll handle man or press coverage because he did a lot of his damage setting up against zone.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Jeudy is softer than TP.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm Jeudy is softer than TP.
Need more specifics - which brand/type? A lot of things have been used as TP over the past 3 months...
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

SafeLeague #2
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 pm
Need more specifics - which brand/type? A lot of things have been used as TP over the past 3 months...
You should have loaded up on the good stuff at target. It was worth the 5 hour wait and the near death experience.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:46 pm

...but not as valuable

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:07 pm

I think folks will regret dropping him down or passing on him. RBs and scarcity aside, no one should be down on him. The dude was a stud from day 1. I’m not sure where the notion that he can’t defeat press is coming from, because his footwork is bananas.

Put me in the camp that says he can easily be what Keenan has been over the years...and he can go deep.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:14 pm

He will be a WR2 soon (maybe not as a rookie but soon) and for a long time

IDK if he ever becomes a WR1

Still my WR1 from this class but he is a bit thinly built. I think that's where the challenge of press and doubts on his physicality come from

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:23 pm

There's a few red flags about him, but I'm ignoring them and buying everywhere. Sold Drake for the 1.6 to draft him after Lamb was drafted 1.5 (could've had Akers, but I liked Jeudy better long term). His route running and skill are too good to pass up. He'll never be the alpha WR1, but he'll put up top WR2 numbers that I'm looking for.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:29 pm

I wasn't in love in with him and had trouble deciding between him and Lamb, but when an idiot in our league too Burrow at 6 I sold Engram to buy 1.07 and drafted him and Lamb both (had 1.08 already). I think he has flaws and things to work on but hopefully he can become a solid yearly WR2. Time will tell.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:11 pm

I don't see Denver as a bad landing spot. I've been happy that RB scarcity has him dripping to 1.06 and later so my teams have a shot at getting him. I think he'll lol like a real bargain when we look back five years from now.

I was thrilled to get both he and Lamb in one draft, at 1.05 and 1.07 respectively. Ruggs was taken at 1.04.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:07 pm I think folks will regret dropping him down or passing on him. RBs and scarcity aside, no one should be down on him. The dude was a stud from day 1. I’m not sure where the notion that he can’t defeat press is coming from, because his footwork is bananas.

Put me in the camp that says he can easily be what Keenan has been over the years...and he can go deep.
I always viewed him as a WR2 type for a team. I was never as high on him as most, so I never really dropped him down all that much. I don't have him anywhere and I'm fine with it. I never felt comfortable drafting him ahead of JT, CEH or Dobbins, so never really had a shot at him. I saw him and Ceedee as very good complimentary WR's in the NFL, which in this day and age, can have significant Fantasy relevance, I just wasn't prepared to pick him in the top 5.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm
Lumps wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:07 pm I think folks will regret dropping him down or passing on him. RBs and scarcity aside, no one should be down on him. The dude was a stud from day 1. I’m not sure where the notion that he can’t defeat press is coming from, because his footwork is bananas.

I always viewed him as a WR2 type for a team. I was never as high on him as most, so I never really dropped him down all that much. I don't have him anywhere and I'm fine with it. I never felt comfortable drafting him ahead of JT, CEH or Dobbins, so never really had a shot at him. I saw him and Ceedee as very good complimentary WR's in the NFL, which in this day and age, can have significant Fantasy relevance, I just wasn't prepared to pick him in the top 5.
Honestly, if he turns into Calvin Ridley for the 5-7 years I'd be very happy with that as my 1.10 pick. IMO the skill is there, it is just the opportunity. Lock is not a lock to be an above average QB... I'm hoping that I'm proven wrong, but he's the part of this whole equation that scares me.
Gopher Two

SafeLeague #2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Honestly, if he turns into Calvin Ridley for the 5-7 years I'd be very happy with that as my 1.10 pick. IMO the skill is there, it is just the opportunity. Lock is not a lock to be an above average QB... I'm hoping that I'm proven wrong, but he's the part of this whole equation that scares me.
Skill is definitely there. I was just never in that range you were picking. Either before, or after. I always had a shot at a top 3 back, or by the time I picked, it was the Mims, Ruggs range.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 pm Honestly, if he turns into Calvin Ridley for the 5-7 years I'd be very happy with that as my 1.10 pick. IMO the skill is there, it is just the opportunity. Lock is not a lock to be an above average QB... I'm hoping that I'm proven wrong, but he's the part of this whole equation that scares me.
He fell to my pick at 1.09 in my league and it messed everything up because I never expected him to be there. Every other player before him I liked, and hadn't looked at Jeudy all that closely since I was sure he'd be gone, so it was a weird surprise - hopefully it'll also be a pleasant one for seasons to come!

We'll find out soon enough if Lock is any good. Even if he's not, I've really come around on Jeudy and expect him to be at least decent regardless. His style isn't my usual cup of tea, but with Edelman likely to move on as a strong fantasy starter sooner than later, I'm happy to have drafted Jeudy to maybe eventually take his place.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -