Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:50 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:09 am Jeudy was amazing in college. The Alabama QBs didn't have an issue with his routes.
You know full well that windows are tighter, game speed is faster, and timing more critical in the NFL. Come on man.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:20 am

skinfanjon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:36 pm Part of the reason for the low catachable pass % could be do to his unorthodox route running. Quarterbacks depend on rythym and Jeudy seems to operate on a different beat entirely than other receivers. Thats the nice way of saying it. The other way is he's too cute with his moves and gets caught up juking his corner and looking good doing it at the expense of a well timed route that his QB can depend on.

Drew Lock is terrible, no denying that. He shoulders a lot of blame. I also think Jeudy shoulders blame for wasted motion that disrupts the timing of plays sometimes. I also think this is partly why Lock ignored him for large chunks of games. Inconsistent timing and a lot of drops are not a quarterbacks friend.

Jefferson doesnt waste motion. Hes fluid and can shake a corner more concisely and he gives Cousins consistency. Kirk can count on him to be where hes supposed to at the moment he is supposed to be there.

I've been a harsh critic of Jeudy but its not like I dont think he'll be a fantasy asset. I just see his ceiling as a dime a dozen, wr2/wr3 type. Nothing special and was overhyped.
You're probably right. He's likely never an alpha as it takes a lot to be one nowadays. He's only a little bit lighter than Jefferson but they play much differently. I'll have to look at his route running from this year. You make a good point that maybe he's trying too hard to create separation and not running consistently timed routes.

Nice post btw. Much better than comparing him to Tim Patrick :lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am

I was scanning twitter and quickly browsed a post where on a particular play Jeudy was technically open but he was supposed to break outside away from the defender which is where Lock threw it but Jeudy broke inside towards the defender so it was a missed connection. I'm guessing many of the missed connections were on little things like that, and they'd be recorded as an uncatchable target on an open receiver and yet Jeudy could be to blame. I already broke down in a different thread the aDot argument is a weak one as Tim Patrick had the same aDot but a much higher success rate. Also other rookies had similar or even higher aDot with similarly weak QB play and yet had higher success rates than Jeudy.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am I was scanning twitter and quickly browsed a post where on a particular play Jeudy was technically open but he was supposed to break outside away from the defender which is where Lock threw it but Jeudy broke inside towards the defender so it was a missed connection. I'm guessing many of the missed connections were on little things like that, and they'd be recorded as an uncatchable target on an open receiver and yet Jeudy could be to blame. I already broke down in a different thread the aDot argument is a weak one as Tim Patrick had the same aDot but a much higher success rate. Also other rookies had similar or even higher aDot with similarly weak QB play and yet had higher success rates than Jeudy.
I mean, just look at him trying to shake the corner on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8adaorCGM

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:08 am

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am I was scanning twitter and quickly browsed a post where on a particular play Jeudy was technically open but he was supposed to break outside away from the defender which is where Lock threw it but Jeudy broke inside towards the defender so it was a missed connection. I'm guessing many of the missed connections were on little things like that, and they'd be recorded as an uncatchable target on an open receiver and yet Jeudy could be to blame. I already broke down in a different thread the aDot argument is a weak one as Tim Patrick had the same aDot but a much higher success rate. Also other rookies had similar or even higher aDot with similarly weak QB play and yet had higher success rates than Jeudy.
I mean, just look at him trying to shake the corner on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8adaorCGM
Uhhhhh sweet dance moves brah? :shifty:
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:20 am Nice post btw. Much better than comparing him to Tim Patrick :lol:
Who compared him to Tim Patrick? They're obviously entirely different players... but since people like to use the ADoT argument to explain why the Lock to Jeudy connection was so much worse than every other WR on the roster he has to be brought up as a counterpoint.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:17 pm

At the mercy of rehashing Lock vs. Jeudy for the 74895057th time:

Jeudy finished with a 52/856/3 line as a rookie, which includes a donut from the Kendall Hinton game and the game where he stunk it up with drops.

Someone brought up Ceedee Lamb earlier and while their seasons definitely have significant differences:

After Prescott's injury (first 5 games)

Lamb: 45/502 in 11 games (also includes a donut)
Jeudy: 35/590 in 11 games

Keep in mind that Lamb's production in his first 5 games was from a stretch where Dak Prescott was on pace for close to 6,000 receiving yards.

I only compare them to show that despite the struggles from Jeudy, he was still on pace for most of the season with a WR who probably has a more positive narrative this offseason.

Jeudy's upside is still pretty damn high, assuming he continues to round out as a pro and Denver makes upgrades at QB or Lock improves. I think he's a good buy-low and the route running and separation is still popping on tape. Needs to correct the drops and build better chemistry with the current (or next) QB. I would not be bailing.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:17 pm At the mercy of rehashing Lock vs. Jeudy for the 74895057th time:

Jeudy finished with a 52/856/3 line as a rookie, which includes a donut from the Kendall Hinton game and the game where he stunk it up with drops.

Someone brought up Ceedee Lamb earlier and while their seasons definitely have significant differences:

Keep in mind that Lamb's production in his first 5 games was from a stretch where Dak Prescott was on pace for close to 6,000 receiving yards.

I only compare them to show that despite the struggles from Jeudy, he was still on pace for most of the season with a WR who probably has a more positive narrative this offseason.

Jeudy's upside is still pretty damn high, assuming he continues to round out as a pro and Denver makes upgrades at QB or Lock improves. I think he's a good buy-low and the route running and separation is still popping on tape. Needs to correct the drops and build better chemistry with the current (or next) QB. I would not be bailing.
Actually agree on all fronts.

I’d say the bigger issue I have with him is that I believe Sutton is a clearly superior talent, and Fant is a beast who will also command targets.

Hamler showed some things towards the end of the year as well.

Gonna be interesting to see if he can separate himself from a very talented receiving core.

QB play will be key to his upside; Where Dak is assumed to be back in DAL

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:17 pm At the mercy of rehashing Lock vs. Jeudy for the 74895057th time:

Actually agree on all fronts.

I’d say the bigger issue I have with him is that I believe Sutton is a clearly superior talent, and Fant is a beast who will also command targets.

Hamler showed some things towards the end of the year as well.

Gonna be interesting to see if he can separate himself from a very talented receiving core.

QB play will be key to his upside; Where Dak is assumed to be back in DAL
Idk if we’ve seen Sutton’s or Jeudys potential in Denver and hard to say which one is more talented imo. They both complement each other really well though. I could see Sutton having more TD and YPC and Jeudy more receptions (with a competent QB). Wouldn’t surprise me at all
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 pm

broncohead wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:27 pm
Idk if we’ve seen Sutton’s or Jeudys potential in Denver and hard to say which one is more talented imo. They both complement each other really well though. I could see Sutton having more TD and YPC and Jeudy more receptions (with a competent QB). Wouldn’t surprise me at all
I just don't see Alpha when I watch him play; while I see that with Sutton.

In 2019 Sutton was a 2nd year player who was debatably a top 10 WR talent after seeing a massive jump from SMU->Rookie year->2nd year. I suspected he'd see another jump in year 3, and reports out of camp aligned with that view. In his limited sample size this year, he led the entire NFL with 4.4 YPRR which also falls in line with that narrative.

I expect Sutton to be the #1 option with the rest of the weapons fighting for the rest of the offense. In that scenario Sutton's value is somewhat insulated from poor QB play; while Jeudy could be the 1b in a high octane offense he could also be 2a,2b,2c. Fant was somewhat disappointing this year, but he was clearly not the same player after he returned from the high ankle injury. When healthy it'll be interesting to see if he or Jeudy emerges as the #2 option.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 pm
broncohead wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:27 pm
I just don't see Alpha when I watch him play; while I see that with Sutton.

In 2019 Sutton was a 2nd year player who was debatably a top 10 WR talent after seeing a massive jump from SMU->Rookie year->2nd year. I suspected he'd see another jump in year 3, and reports out of camp aligned with that view. In his limited sample size this year, he led the entire NFL with 4.4 YPRR which also falls in line with that narrative.

I expect Sutton to be the #1 option with the rest of the weapons fighting for the rest of the offense. In that scenario Sutton's value is somewhat insulated from poor QB play; while Jeudy could be the 1b in a high octane offense he could also be 2a,2b,2c. Fant was somewhat disappointing this year, but he was clearly not the same player after he returned from the high ankle injury. When healthy it'll be interesting to see if he or Jeudy emerges as the #2 option.
I don’t disagree with you at all. I just think both Sutton and jeudy could have performed a lot better with an at least average NFL QB.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:45 am

All those making bold claims that Sutton is the Alpha or clearly better.

Rookie years
Sutton 42 704 4TD's 16.8 50%
Jeudy 52 856 3 TD's 16.5 46%

Way too early to make those claims IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:45 am All those making bold claims that Sutton is the Alpha or clearly better.

Rookie years

Lol. Jeudy had superior QB play. And yes, I did watch Lock play this year. Then Sutton hit over 1100 yds the next year with even worse QB play. Sutton is an alpha WR. It remains to be seen whether Jeudy is or not.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:07 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 am
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:45 am All those making bold claims that Sutton is the Alpha or clearly better.

Rookie years

Lol. Jeudy had superior QB play. And yes, I did watch Lock play this year. Then Sutton hit over 1100 yds the next year with even worse QB play. Sutton is an alpha WR. It remains to be seen whether Jeudy is or not.
Wow; You poor Bronco Fans. Your post is really close the very definition of an Oxymoron. Maybe they trade for Stafford to put the paradox to rest! :biggrin:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 am

Rookie years

Completely different WR prospects. Sutton was a ceiling prospect that was drafted in the early 2nd round despite being extremely raw. His rookie year he had to contend with Sanders and Demaryius Thomas for snaps and targets for a good chunk of the season; Jeudy by contrast was supposed to be "pro ready" from day 1 and the Sutton injury opened the door to him being a full time starter from the get go.

The "bold" claim came from the guys that pegged Jeudy as the eventual alpha before he played a snap in the nfl ;)