WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:31 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:26 am
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 am
waynesworld1234 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am

Lamb had 22.7% of total team targets (5/22) to Jeudy's 10% (4/40). That was with Jeudy on the field for '25% more snaps'. I'm sure you could use numbers to tell the story 6 more ways, but Lamb was more involved imo.
What happened in these games is the Skins defense was forcing Dallas off the field pretty easily. The drives never really had any momentum. Two of the most pivotal plays of them game involved Lamb (failing) and there were many times Dalton was looking in his direction right after the snap and the play broke down too quickly.

In the Denver game, KC had a couple quick drives, a pick 6, and a KO return for TD. Denver offense was on the field for a long stretch there and Lock was rarely even looking at Jeudys side of the field. I was focusing on him the entire time and he was like a ghost out there. The TOP evened up a bit more towards the end, but it was still 33 to 26 in Denver favor.

Denver ran 76 plays. Dallas 54. They were complete opposite in TOP. High leverage situations Dallas was looking for Lamb. His snap percentage decreased to like 55%, which is just nuts but is what it is. McCarthy being an idiot...but his QB was looking for him. Jeudy was not a priority whatsoever.

Thats what I saw. Feel free to ignore and read me more stats.
I was agreeing with you...
I know, it quoted weird. Was referring to the other guy. Sorry

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:35 am

Any insight on Marquez Callaway or Donovan Peoples-Jones? Both aren't in the same tier, but were productive and have potential opportunity spikes coming.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:30 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am Mims looked good.

And we're likely going to get Reagor back this week. :dance:
I'm really excited for raegor the oppurtunity is completely there for him to get targets, now we can see what he does with them
Definitely cant wait for Raegor too. Should be fun to see these guys come in that we have all been waiting on. Raegor should produce immediately

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:39 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 am
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 am K...feel free to ignore it then. Shrug.

Not everything shows up in the boxscore. The fact that you'll dismiss the possibility of there being a big difference in impact between two players with similar snaps/targets is telling. I look at stats as closely as the next guy, just offering additional info that some may find helpful. I would LOVE if a Denver fan would get in here and chime in with some beat reporting scuttlebutt too.

If you're being totally honest, you'd acknowledge there could actually be truth to what I'm saying and you just don't trust the messenger. And thats fine, I dont literally don't care about that at all. Whats bothersome is the instant refusal to reconsider the player.

You do you, but some people actually like to hear the subjective info too.
Subjectivity is not the issue but you're not commenting on how Jeudy and Lamb looked as players - you're simply stating that it "felt like" Lamb was more involved. That specific observation is useless.
I'm discussing my observation for their respective roles in the offense. I'm not attempting to break down film, there's plenty of that on twitter that does a way better job. Opportunity is an important piece too. I'm pointing out there is a disparity in that regard, but mainly questioning why JJ isn't being treated as a priority. Why he seems so low in the pecking order. Unfortunately I'm being told bad quarterback, bad offense, which doesn't speak to the question I'm asking and distracts from someone possibly offering a good explanation.

Just one example but Terry McLaurin had bad quarterback, bad offense for his first 22 games. Hows that working out? He was a priority from day 1.

What I want to know is, why isn't Jeudy? No one seems willing to take a crack at that yet.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:39 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:35 am Any insight on Marquez Callaway or Donovan Peoples-Jones? Both aren't in the same tier, but were productive and have potential opportunity spikes coming.
Both of them were very impressive last week.

I've got my eyes on Donovan Peoples-jones in particular. He was the #1 rated WR out of highschool -- This is a special, special athlete -- but he just didn't fire at Michigan. He was making waves in training camp, and that game winning TD was a thing of beauty. He could be the hidden gem of this class.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:39 am
Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 am
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 am K...feel free to ignore it then. Shrug.

Not everything shows up in the boxscore. The fact that you'll dismiss the possibility of there being a big difference in impact between two players with similar snaps/targets is telling. I look at stats as closely as the next guy, just offering additional info that some may find helpful. I would LOVE if a Denver fan would get in here and chime in with some beat reporting scuttlebutt too.

If you're being totally honest, you'd acknowledge there could actually be truth to what I'm saying and you just don't trust the messenger. And thats fine, I dont literally don't care about that at all. Whats bothersome is the instant refusal to reconsider the player.

You do you, but some people actually like to hear the subjective info too.
Subjectivity is not the issue but you're not commenting on how Jeudy and Lamb looked as players - you're simply stating that it "felt like" Lamb was more involved. That specific observation is useless.
I'm discussing my observation for their respective roles in the offense. I'm not attempting to break down film, there's plenty of that on twitter that does a way better job. Opportunity is an important piece too. I'm pointing out there is a disparity in that regard, but mainly questioning why JJ isn't being treated as a priority. Why he seems so low in the pecking order. Unfortunately I'm being told bad quarterback, bad offense, which doesn't speak to the question I'm asking and distracts from someone possibly offering a good explanation.

Just one example but Terry McLaurin had bad quarterback, bad offense for his first 22 games. Hows that working out? He was a priority from day 1.

What I want to know is, why isn't Jeudy? No one seems willing to take a crack at that yet.
We'll see what happens, but Jeudy looks charmin soft out there.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:39 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:35 am Any insight on Marquez Callaway or Donovan Peoples-Jones? Both aren't in the same tier, but were productive and have potential opportunity spikes coming.
Both of them were very impressive last week.

I've got my eyes on Donovan Peoples-jones in particular. He was the #1 rated WR out of highschool -- This is a special, special athlete -- but he just didn't fire at Michigan. He was making waves in training camp, and that game winning TD was a thing of beauty. He could be the hidden gem of this class.
Same. There is opportunity to be had in Cleveland. Seems like Higgins, Bryant, and Peoples-Jones are all possible breakout players. I'd prioritize DPJ for the longterm. Higgins will probably have a few good weeks and could be a bye week or injury fill in type. These guys are all worthy adds though if they're on your wire. Plenty of ways that situation can play out.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 am
Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:30 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am Mims looked good.

And we're likely going to get Reagor back this week. :dance:
I'm really excited for raegor the oppurtunity is completely there for him to get targets, now we can see what he does with them
Definitely cant wait for Raegor too. Should be fun to see these guys come in that we have all been waiting on. Raegor should produce immediately
Yup, nice thing about him is we should see really fast if he's got it or not. I don't see how at a minimum they don't give him the djax role when he's fully back

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Here's an interesting thread on Marquez Callaway as a prospect:

https://twitter.com/FF_Smyth/status/132 ... 92032?s=19
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:08 pm Here's an interesting thread on Marquez Callaway as a prospect:

Thanks for this :thumbup:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 am Do people even watch games anymore? I'm relaying subjective information I gathered from watching both the Dallas and Denver game in their full broadcast entirety, something I'm guessing a lot of folks may not have been able to do yesterday. You keep reciting boxscore stats, I'm giving additional context to them. For example, Lamb had an absolutely brutal game, didnt catch a pass, but felt like a bigger participant in the game than Jeudy. I'm not going to rewatch it and take notes for you with specific examples, ain't nobody got time for that. I'm relaying what I saw.

You are the one that keeps bringing up Tim Patrick. I'm only talking about Jeudy.
Subjectivity is not context and I watched the game yesterday. We can agree to disagree.
Also, please stop saying referendum.
Keep the side jabs to yourself. I let you slide with one earlier. You're coming in here with subjective observations and getting sensitive when someone challenges you to support those observations. I've backed up everything I've told you. It's not hard to do the same if what you're saying is so obviously true that you have to wonder if anyone watches games anymore.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 am Do people even watch games anymore? I'm relaying subjective information I gathered from watching both the Dallas and Denver game in their full broadcast entirety, something I'm guessing a lot of folks may not have been able to do yesterday. You keep reciting boxscore stats, I'm giving additional context to them. For example, Lamb had an absolutely brutal game, didnt catch a pass, but felt like a bigger participant in the game than Jeudy. I'm not going to rewatch it and take notes for you with specific examples, ain't nobody got time for that. I'm relaying what I saw.

You are the one that keeps bringing up Tim Patrick. I'm only talking about Jeudy.
Subjectivity is not context and I watched the game yesterday. We can agree to disagree.
Also, please stop saying referendum.
Keep the side jabs to yourself. I let you slide with one earlier. You're coming in here with subjective observations and getting sensitive when someone challenges you to support those observations. I've backed up everything I've told you. It's not hard to do the same if what you're saying is so obviously true that you have to wonder if anyone watches games anymore.
I'm so glad you were able to turn this exchange into a *referendum* of my contributions on the subject.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:08 pm Here's an interesting thread on Marquez Callaway as a prospect:

Callaway is a must add for dynasty at this point. Looks like he leapfrogged TreQuan Smith? Also it sounds like there's a lot more problems with Michael Thomas and I read somewhere the Saints were seeing what they could get if they were to trade him. Not sure that's true, but I wouldn't ignore it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32 pm

So what you guys are saying is I should trade Jeudy for Patrick, Reagor for Fulgham and maybe Ruggs for Agholor

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32 pm So what you guys are saying is I should trade Jeudy for Patrick, Reagor for Fulgham and maybe Ruggs for Agholor
Noone said this. This started when I said Jeudy- Not as advertised. That's it, because no he doesn't look NFL ready like predicted. Him and Lamb were the guys expected to produce from day 1. Could things turn around? Absolutely they could this is his 1st season playing and a lot of guys don't breakout until year 2 or 3. I was just stating that Jeudy being NFL ready right off the bat was not an accurate assessment coming into the season based on what we know now.