Marlon Mack Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Marlon Mack: Torn achilles/JT wheels up

Postby Sriracha » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:50 pm Really unfortunate for Mack. He's a good RB, who's now probably going to have to settle for a one-year deal in FA somewhere and face the uphill battle of returning to form from an Achilles tear.

Taylor/Hines should be a good balance though. Hines could have a good receiving year with Rivers the statue.
A lot of people are going to be impressed with Hine's stat line..

But he averaged 5 yards per reception, and has largely been inefficient his entire career. I suspect he's going to fade into a backup role as the Colts get more comfortable with JT carrying the load.

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm

whodatbama wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:19 pm is Mack droppable?
This is situation based. I do expect him to have some type of 1 year deal next year with a team like Chicago, for example. In a standard 12 teamer, yes he is droppable. If I had a share of him I think he is worth stashing on IR to see what happens next year. And the injury happened early this year, so he will be ready for camp next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 pm

No RB to my knowledge has come back from this injury. He would be arguably the most talented to attempt it, though. If you have the roster space, hold, and try and throw him into a deal at some point. Chances are this is a career ender, though. At least in terms of FF relevance.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:50 pm Really unfortunate for Mack. He's a good RB, who's now probably going to have to settle for a one-year deal in FA somewhere and face the uphill battle of returning to form from an Achilles tear.

Taylor/Hines should be a good balance though. Hines could have a good receiving year with Rivers the statue.

But he averaged 5 yards per reception, and has largely been inefficient his entire career. I suspect he's going to fade into a backup role as the Colts get more comfortable with JT carrying the load.
While I agree he won't have scoring like this every week, he's a proven pass catcher out of the backfield. He's had 107 catches in the last 2 seasons on a team that really didn't throw to RB all that much. Rivers targets his RBs frequently. I think he will have a solid year in PPR leagues, even more so with Mack out.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 pm
No RB to my knowledge has come back from this injury. He would be arguably the most talented to attempt it, though. If you have the roster space, hold, and try and throw him into a deal at some point. Chances are this is a career ender, though. At least in terms of FF relevance.
Didn't Foster have the same injury?

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am

was Wilkins active today? I think he could be a thorn the next couple weeks. Hines an early candidate to be the 2018 White/Cohen, 2019 Ekeler PPR darling.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:49 am

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am was Wilkins active today? I think he could be a thorn the next couple weeks. Hines an early candidate to be the 2018 White/Cohen, 2019 Ekeler PPR darling.
Maybe, but I don't see how this hurt JT. There is no logical argument against the fact that JT stands to benefit from this injury. JT had 6 catches for 67 yards with Hines playing a role. Now the RB that was number 1 on the depth chart and a "1A to JT's 1A" is gone. Wilkins doesn't hurt JT's production compared to Mack. JT is now the number 1 back. I'm sure Wilkins will see the field, but not to the level Mack did. JT just moved up to where most thought he'd be at some point this year earlier than expected.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:49 am
Krypto_King wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am was Wilkins active today? I think he could be a thorn the next couple weeks. Hines an early candidate to be the 2018 White/Cohen, 2019 Ekeler PPR darling.
Maybe, but I don't see how this hurt JT. There is no logical argument against the fact that JT stands to benefit from this injury. JT had 6 catches for 67 yards with Hines playing a role. Now the RB that was number 1 on the depth chart and a "1A to JT's 1A" is gone. Wilkins doesn't hurt JT's production compared to Mack. JT is now the number 1 back. I'm sure Wilkins will see the field, but not to the level Mack did. JT just moved up to where most thought he'd be at some point this year earlier than expected.
mostly agree but I don't trust this staff to not plug Wilkins into Mack's role and let him get 7 carries and 2 targets and annoy fantasy owners short-term. didn't see that brought up ITT yet.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:46 am

Glad I grabbed Hines for random 3rds where I could this offseason.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:25 am

I think Hines will still play a lot. I don't see Taylor being used as an everydown back this year and when Mack was playing, that seemed to be the clear plan.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:49 am
Actually, I don't even think anyone thought he'd be in this position this season. We all knew Mack was a good football player. He started out yesterday looking really good as well. I think the assumption was JT would eventually take over the bell cow role, but Mack would still get a few carries a game. Now that Mack's probably done for the entire szn, and won't even get 5-7 carries a game, this not only helps JT's value immediately, but increases what we all thought his ceiling could be this year. He could legitimately see 20 touches a game, if the coaching staff is willing.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:35 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:25 am

I think Hines will still play a lot. I don't see Taylor being used as an everydown back this year and when Mack was playing, that seemed to be the clear plan.
I agree with this. I still do think there is enough volume for him to produce as a RB1/2 if he is good enough. Even if he isn't playing many 3rd downs, bc Rivers is a check down machine, he could see a few more 6 for 68 stat lines in the receiving game. That itself is a really good sign from yesterday, and might add up to a decent receiving year for JT
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:11 am

Yes Wilkins was active and I think he had a handful (less than 5) snaps. The only time I noticed him come in was in 2 RB sets along side Hines.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:54 am

I would trade Mack for anything I can. A lot of force is generated by the elastic properties of your Achilles tendon, and the science behind repairing it hasn't improved even close to the level that ligament repairs have progressed. Unfortunately for Mack he is likely done. He will lack explosiveness and stability out of the currently compromised leg, likely compensate for it and compromise the other in the process.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:18 am

Terrible. He was looking great and he was one of my big sleepers. Traded Gurley for him and a pick a few months back.