Marlon Mack Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Marlon Mack Value

Postby olmansmith » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:06 pm

As the owner of Marlon Mack, how are you treating him in trades? I'm considering a trade with the guy who will be drafting JT but not sure how he should be valued. He's still young and should get a second contract somewhere - how would you rank the follow assets: mack, 2020 2.02, 2021 1st (by a weak team).

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Marlon Mack Value

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Mack is less valuable than the other assets.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:17 pm

As a Mack owner, I'm assuming I'll only get low ball offers and am planning on waiting a year to see where he's playing.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 pm

1st

Mack-he’s more a late 2nd or early third to me

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Mack=late 2nd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:59 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:17 pmAs a Mack owner, I'm assuming I'll only get low ball offers and am planning on waiting a year to see where he's playing.
This is the right answer. He's a solid hold. If you trade him now you're just going to lose value.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:59 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:17 pmAs a Mack owner, I'm assuming I'll only get low ball offers and am planning on waiting a year to see where he's playing.
This is the right answer. He's a solid hold. If you trade him now you're just going to lose value.
A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but the landscape for RBs has really diminished. There are a few solid RBs still sitting on the market and waiting for a phone call, and I don’t know if Mack is talented enough to make some team next year extend itself to make him an important cog in their system. I know he had a nice year last year, but IND is a running juggernaut and I would think a RB that other teams might crave would have performed a little better.

With a new batch of RBs coming in via the draft, I’m wondering if the delay in starting the 2020 season creating some uncertainty and allowing the Taylor owner to capture his handcuff for a mid to late 2nd rounder or a decent WR prospect might not be the more prudent course of action.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:36 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 am A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but the landscape for RBs has really diminished. There are a few solid RBs still sitting on the market and waiting for a phone call, and I don’t know if Mack is talented enough to make some team next year extend itself to make him an important cog in their system. I know he had a nice year last year, but IND is a running juggernaut and I would think a RB that other teams might crave would have performed a little better.

With a new batch of RBs coming in via the draft, I’m wondering if the delay in starting the 2020 season creating some uncertainty and allowing the Taylor owner to capture his handcuff for a mid to late 2nd rounder or a decent WR prospect might not be the more prudent course of action.
Some good points here.

My thinking is that a mid or late second round pick isn't much. I'd rather take the chance on a young proven RB. He can be the next Mark Ingram, Jordan Howard, or Marshawn Lynch. OR he could fade into obscurity.

RB scarcity means he has more value than what I'd get in trade. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to give any more than a mid to late second either.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:02 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:36 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 am A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but the landscape for RBs has really diminished. There are a few solid RBs still sitting on the market and waiting for a phone call, and I don’t know if Mack is talented enough to make some team next year extend itself to make him an important cog in their system. I know he had a nice year last year, but IND is a running juggernaut and I would think a RB that other teams might crave would have performed a little better.

Some good points here.

My thinking is that a mid or late second round pick isn't much. I'd rather take the chance on a young proven RB. He can be the next Mark Ingram, Jordan Howard, or Marshawn Lynch. OR he could fade into obscurity.

RB scarcity means he has more value than what I'd get in trade. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to give any more than a mid to late second either.
RB scarcity should be applied to RBs with relatively known workloads IMO, and I’m not sure Mack is one of those guys next year. He isn’t this year given the stable in IND. You can hold on to a piece of coal for only so long before you realize it isn’t going to turn into a diamond and maybe you should throw it into the fire and wring whatever heat you can out of it before it crumbles away.

It certainly is worth investigating with the Taylor owner what he might be willing to surrender for locking up a top running team’s RB1 - which given rosters aren’t too short definitely has value right now. But if you’re hoping for upper 2nd round to 1st round type of value, you aren’t getting that for him this year and there’s a good likelihood you aren’t getting it next year and will have burned a roster spot and some other player’s potential by sitting on him.

Just my opinion of course, but I just don’t see much probability of Mack gaining value between now and a year from now. It would take a Taylor plummet or a team picking him up as a FA next with the intent of making him at least a 50/50 part of a RB committee. I don’t see either panning out well as of right now.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:25 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:02 am

Some good points here.

RB scarcity should be applied to RBs with relatively known workloads IMO, and I’m not sure Mack is one of those guys next year. He isn’t this year given the stable in IND. You can hold on to a piece of coal for only so long before you realize it isn’t going to turn into a diamond and maybe you should throw it into the fire and wring whatever heat you can out of it before it crumbles away.

It certainly is worth investigating with the Taylor owner what he might be willing to surrender for locking up a top running team’s RB1 - which given rosters aren’t too short definitely has value right now. But if you’re hoping for upper 2nd round to 1st round type of value, you aren’t getting that for him this year and there’s a good likelihood you aren’t getting it next year and will have burned a roster spot and some other player’s potential by sitting on him.

Just my opinion of course, but I just don’t see much probability of Mack gaining value between now and a year from now. It would take a Taylor plummet or a team picking him up as a FA next with the intent of making him at least a 50/50 part of a RB committee. I don’t see either panning out well as of right now.
I think we're agreeing with each other, the only difference being I think a mid to late second is worth less than Mack, you think it's worth more.

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:31 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:25 am

Some good points here.

I think we're agreeing with each other, the only difference being I think a mid to late second is worth less than Mack, you think it's worth more.
Great discussion, I think all of this makes a lot of sense. The JT owner is about to enter a win-now mode (lot of old players) which is why I think I can pry a bit more away from him (like a high 2nd) for mack, sounds like the consensus here would be that's a solid win if it happens.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:09 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:25 am

Some good points here.

I think my position is based on you trading away the handcuff to the guy who owns the starter. I just don’t see how you’re going to be able to turn that into the value that you’re looking for.

That IND is such a strong running team and that Taylor is an incoming rookie helps your leverage, but you’re still trading the handcuff. The Taylor owner doesn’t have to trade - it’s a luxury for him, not a critical piece.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:15 am

Vegas set the over/under for both Mack and Taylor at 700 yards each in 2020.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:22 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:15 am Vegas set the over/under for both Mack and Taylor at 700 yards each in 2020.
Either Vegas or I am completely misreading this situation. I may have to see if I can find an online service that takes propositions.

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:58 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:15 am Vegas set the over/under for both Mack and Taylor at 700 yards each in 2020.
Where do you see this?