Who ya selling & who ya buying? Lets get wild

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Who ya selling & who ya buying? Lets get wild

Postby Ski mask ready » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:53 pm

There are tons of players from top to bottom that can be considered bargains. Few guys I'm looking to add cheaply that I hoping out produce their value are:

Uzomah, C.J. CIN TE
Thompson, Chris JAC RB
Cam Newton

I have a pretty long list but its hard to say one is a bargain or one is a sleeper with upside.

Who are you buying cheap?
Last edited by Ski mask ready on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Bargain players than need to be shopped

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Boston Scott
Dan Arnold

dlf_johnh
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_johnh » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:10 pm

This is probably going to be an unpopular take, but Corey Davis.

It's kind of gross, I know, but hear me out here. Davis is only 25 years old and finishing his rookie contract. I don't envision him getting re-signed by the Titans, but I do see his first-round pedigree landing him somewhere on a skinny, prove-it kind of deal. If he lands somewhere that targets him, he could be a longer-term bargain at his current dirt-cheap price.
"The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 pm

dlf_johnh wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:10 pm This is probably going to be an unpopular take, but Corey Davis.

It's kind of gross, I know, but hear me out here. Davis is only 25 years old and finishing his rookie contract. I don't envision him getting re-signed by the Titans, but I do see his first-round pedigree landing him somewhere on a skinny, prove-it kind of deal. If he lands somewhere that targets him, he could be a longer-term bargain at his current dirt-cheap price.
I agree.

Others will hate it but I can't just ignore how good a prospect he was and toasting Gilmore with garbage Mariota at QB.

It wasn't enough for fantasy relevance but by the eye test he looked more involved to me with Tannehill too.

That said: he needs off the Titans and to go to a team/QB more willing to throw into tight windows and let WRs make plays on the ball since separation isn't his strong suit

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 pm
dlf_johnh wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:10 pm This is probably going to be an unpopular take, but Corey Davis.

I agree.

Others will hate it but I can't just ignore how good a prospect he was and toasting Gilmore with garbage Mariota at QB.

It wasn't enough for fantasy relevance but by the eye test he looked more involved to me with Tannehill too.

That said: he needs off the Titans and to go to a team/QB more willing to throw into tight windows and let WRs make plays on the ball since separation isn't his strong suit
I have been pretty much anti Davis from day one and still am not buying for what he’ll cost from most owners, a 2nd from what I’ve seen.
But if he’s going for less than that and I can snag him for a third I’d take the shot at that point

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 am

Brandin Cooks was my #1 bargain target this offseason. ✔

Any time he's had triple digit targets, he's produced as a high end WR2 (WR15) or better. Assuming health, he's a lock for that volume in Houston. Hopkins vacates 150 alone.

Recency bias is real. The down year in LA last year and the concussion fears have plummeted his ADP.

While the concussion history is concerning, he's actually been very durable. There are only 5 WRs that have played more games in the last 5 years than Cooks. He's been available for 92% of his career games.

Cooks now gets Watson, who was the most accurate QB in 2019 on passes of 20+ yards.

The only WR with more targets with a step or more of separation 20+ yards downfield since 2017 is Tyreek. Hill has 58. Cooks has 47. Julio is 3rd at 42.

Cooks is still only 26. He's going as WR44 in dynasty. Easy 💰
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:45 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 am Brandin Cooks was my #1 bargain target this offseason. ✔

Any time he's had triple digit targets, he's produced as a high end WR2 (WR15) or better. Assuming health, he's a lock for that volume in Houston. Hopkins vacates 150 alone.

Recency bias is real. The down year in LA last year and the concussion fears have plummeted his ADP.

While the concussion history is concerning, he's actually been very durable. There are only 5 WRs that have played more games in the last 5 years than Cooks. He's been available for 92% of his career games.

Cooks now gets Watson, who was the most accurate QB in 2019 on passes of 20+ yards.

The only WR with more targets with a step or more of separation 20+ yards downfield since 2017 is Tyreek. Hill has 58. Cooks has 47. Julio is 3rd at 42.

One hit from retirement is a real risk of ownership
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:45 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 am Brandin Cooks was my #1 bargain target this offseason. ✔

One hit from retirement is a real risk of ownership
As it is with every other player. The reward > risk at his current price.
16 team league

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:57 am

I'm not buying him, but I'm holding where I have him. I still believe in the talent. I'll hold until he gets a shot on another team.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:28 am

I think there are a number of sophomore breakouts that could explode & are an absolute bargain at ADP:
Mecole Hardman, Parris Campbell, N'Keal Harry.
I think that Will Fuller is the best WR outside of the top 50. Hopkins left behind 150 targets from one of the best QBs in the league. I think Fuller has always had the talent to be a top perimeter threat in this league. You'll deal with drops and hold your breathe every snap but at WR51, who cares? Guy could actually break into the top-10 with a consistent target share & a couple of enormous games.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:30 am

briank wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:57 am

I'm not buying him, but I'm holding where I have him. I still believe in the talent. I'll hold until he gets a shot on another team.
Maybe he steps it up this year since he will be playing for that next big contract. I think we will find out a lot this year as to whether or not he will be worth holding on to.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am

I like all of the guys named thus far. To me, Jordan Howard and Brandin Cooks stick out as the most blantant values for those looking to compete. In a rebuild, Hardman (who's already been named) is a good one. Preston Williams costs nothing and has solid upside.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:29 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:28 am I think that Will Fuller is the best WR outside of the top 50. Hopkins left behind 150 targets from one of the best QBs in the league. I think Fuller has always had the talent to be a top perimeter threat in this league. You'll deal with drops and hold your breathe every snap but at WR51, who cares? Guy could actually break into the top-10 with a consistent target share & a couple of enormous games.
Fuller and Cooks are both 26 and have WR1 upside at a WR4 price. I'd be fine with either, but prefer Cooks due to his durability and career success thus far.
16 team league

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 amThere are only 5 WRs that have played more games in the last 5 years than Cooks. He's been available for 92% of his career games.
I like Cooks and think he'll have a nice season, but some of these stats are a little loose with the truth.

Sure, he started a lot of games. How many did he not finish? How many did his owners have to sweat out til the last second to see if he'd play? Were those questions before games on a Sunday or Monday night, forcing you to start someone else long before his status is revealed? Did he play hurt and get used mostly as a decoy?

Those things don't make the stat sheet and contribute to the injury risk label.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:19 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 amThere are only 5 WRs that have played more games in the last 5 years than Cooks. He's been available for 92% of his career games.
I like Cooks and think he'll have a nice season, but some of these stats are a little loose with the truth.

Sure, he started a lot of games. How many did he not finish? How many did his owners have to sweat out til the last second to see if he'd play? Were those questions before games on a Sunday or Monday night, forcing you to start someone else long before his status is revealed? Did he play hurt and get used mostly as a decoy?

Those things don't make the stat sheet and contribute to the injury risk label.
They actually kind of do make the stat sheet. The injury report history is available on pro football reference. Cooks was on the injury report only for the two games he missed. Data could be wrong, but it’s as good a source as any.

As for being removed from games, you can usually make an educated guess on that off of snap count by game data. He appears to have been pulled out of zero games in 2017. One game in 2018. Three games in 2019.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker