How much does Brandon Brooks injury effect Miles Sanders?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

How much does Brandon Brooks injury effect Miles Sanders?

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm

For those who don't know, Brooks is the best RG in the league, and quite honestly one of the best guards I've seen in 25 years of watching football. Combined with Lane Johnson, the right side of the offensive line was dominant at times.

I'm trying to convince myself this isn't the huge blow I thi k it is. This is probably worse than if the Eagles had signed Carlos Hyde and Brooks stayed healthy.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: How much does Brandon Brooks injury effect Miles Sanders?

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:17 pm

The good news is that guards are the easiest position to replace on the offensive line. While he may have been the best guard in the league, it's not the end of the world. I think the Eagles can survive this loss.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 pm

I think it affects the entire offense, to some degree. Really depends how the back up can handle it, and if the rest of the OL can stay healthy. He tore his other achilles a few years ago, and his doctor supposedly told him it made him a higher risk to tear the other one, so I guess he was right, unfortunately.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:34 pm

True. I hope you're right.

One of the reasons I have been hyping up Sanders was that the offensive line opens up huge tunnels to run three, which help cover up his deficiencies between the tackles.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:45 am

It'll affect Goedert because he's a better blocker than Ertz.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 am

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:45 am It'll affect Goedert because he's a better blocker than Ertz.
I don't think losing a guard to injury affects either TE in terms of blocking. It would not change the structure of a play design.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:16 am

I would not see this as a reason to worry too much about Sanders. He will still deliver elite production

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:38 am

I just hate seeing these devastating injuries. I feel like o-line play has overall been worse ever since the CBA really reduced mandatory practices in the off-season. And with 2020 doing it's best to mess with us, they have even less time to practice together.

As for Sanders, it'll hurt, but it's not changing my value of him or his season. Probably should, but it's hard to say how much to adjust if anything.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:57 am

megager wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:16 am I would not see this as a reason to worry too much about Sanders. He will still deliver elite production
I wouldn't classify his production last year as "elite" (was RB14 in my PPR). Obviously productive, but far from elite.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 am
Slevin Kelevra wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:45 am It'll affect Goedert because he's a better blocker than Ertz.
I don't think losing a guard to injury affects either TE in terms of blocking. It would not change the structure of a play design.
Maybe not by design, but anytime a line is not performing where OC wants it, I feel like a TE helps out blocking. I also don't like this for Goedert
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:21 am

I think this hurts Sanders’ immediate upside. Talent wise, he’s not Barkley or McCaffery, but it seemed like he could have been as high as the RB3 this year. Part of that upside was a great offensive line.

Having said that, the reason Sanders is so highly valued right now is his receiving ability. He produced more fantasy points as a receiver than he did as a rusher. I don’t think this news really affects that, and if anything he might see a few more targets if Wentz has less time to throw downfield. I still think a Kamara-esque season is in play.

Ultimately this slightly hurts his short term outlook, but I doubt it changes his value. The kind of owner who might panic sell over something like this probably doesn’t even know that it happened.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am

It may hurt his upside but Sanders should have a better year this year than last.

He will most likely see a 30-40 carry increase and with a legit WR I expect his receptions to increase by 16 -20 this year as underneath coverage clears out some.

Sanders only had 179 carries last season. His last 7 game average if sustained this season would put him on a 237 carry pace.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:57 am
megager wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:16 am I would not see this as a reason to worry too much about Sanders. He will still deliver elite production
I wouldn't classify his production last year as "elite" (was RB14 in my PPR). Obviously productive, but far from elite.
That's a bit shortsighted. He was, I believe rb6, in the 2nd half of the season, and playing the role he is going to have for the entire season in 2020.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:54 pm

IDK about elite, but he should be a low end RB1 if he stays healthy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:57 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:12 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 am
Maybe not by design, but anytime a line is not performing where OC wants it, I feel like a TE helps out blocking. I also don't like this for Goedert
TE's typically help out the tackles, though. If it's a run play, Goedert would be blocking anyway, if it's a pass play, the guard isn't going to affect the TE. They aren't going to shift the tackle over to help the guard and leave the TE 1 on 1 with an end. It's not going to affect Goedert.