Steve Sims JR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Steve Sims JR

Postby mild » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:39 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:32 pm Oof, I disagree. I watched Haskins make throws I considered to be next level anticipatory throws in a tight window at Ohio State. It was so rare that I had to go back several years to find another such example. I think his short game is impressive. The deep ball is another story. What makes you disagree?
I'll play. This tweet about sums it up:
https://twitter.com/dwainmcfarland/stat ... 9189847043
Dwayne Haskins' accuracy per
@PFF
QB Annual:

*32nd of 35 QBs in Accuracy+ % (think pinpoint)

*35th in Accuracy % (think frame)

*35th in catchable but innaccurate passes
It's fine to still like him and believe, but I don't think we can call last year a success by any quantifiable metric. He needs to take an astronomical jump in nearly every way.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:53 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:39 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:32 pm Oof, I disagree. I watched Haskins make throws I considered to be next level anticipatory throws in a tight window at Ohio State. It was so rare that I had to go back several years to find another such example. I think his short game is impressive. The deep ball is another story. What makes you disagree?
I'll play. This tweet about sums it up:
https://twitter.com/dwainmcfarland/stat ... 9189847043
Dwayne Haskins' accuracy per
@PFF
QB Annual:

*32nd of 35 QBs in Accuracy+ % (think pinpoint)

*35th in Accuracy % (think frame)

*35th in catchable but innaccurate passes
It's fine to still like him and believe, but I don't think we can call last year a success by any quantifiable metric. He needs to take an astronomical jump in nearly every way.
That's fair. I get nervous when he goes medium or long on his throws. The only thing that keeps me in his camp is his short game ability paired with what I saw at Ohio State. I am hoping that the Redskins would spread out the offense and utilize what he's good at a little more, and then he can grow from there.

Thanks for those numbers.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Since this is a Haskins thread now-

I thought he was a decent prospect. I viewed him similarly to Darnold and Rosen. Last year was bad, but it was an abjectly terrible situation for a QB; I'm not sure which NFL supporting cast was worse last year. With Williams holding out and Scherff missing multiple starts, the line was one of the worst past blocking units in football. The WR/RB/TE group was one of the worst in the league.

Unfortunately, I don't see much changing. The WR group should improve simply because McLaurin, Harmon, and Sims should all improve. The RB group... I mean maybe this is the year for Guice? At TE, I think they're rolling with Jeremy Sprinkle. Most importantly, the line doesn't appear to be any better. Unless they go out and get Peters/Ryan/AB, this is going to be one of the worst QB situations again. Right now the supporting case is basically just McLaurin and Brandon Scherff. For all the hate on Derrius Guice, he might be their 3rd best non-QB offensive player.

Compounding the problem with Haskins is that there's a good chance Washington is bad enough to pick Lawrence or Fields, AND if there's not a season, they could easily be the team with the earliest pick that has a potential need at QB. He's a very risky dynasty play at the moment. If you're risk averse, Cam signing with New England could represent your sell window.

Fun fact- only 5 teams have a top RB/WR/TE player who is lower in ADP than McLaurin at #49. It's Houston (David Johnson, 73) and then the three teams in the AFC East: Bell at 59, Parker at 64, and Harry at 87.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am

Gibson was a mini hit to his stock but he'll get his chances this year as long as he doesn't do himself in.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 am

I just dropped Jakobi Meyers for Sims Jr off the FA list. Can't hurt.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:34 am

I think Washingtons defense coupled with a mediocre division have them well out of the Lawrence race

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am Gibson was a mini hit to his stock but he'll get his chances this year as long as he doesn't do himself in.
Gibson, while an incredible athlete, does not look polished at all. Those types of guys, the ones where it's Just get the ball into their hands, they never get respect from coaches.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am Gibson was a mini hit to his stock but he'll get his chances this year as long as he doesn't do himself in.
Gibson, while an incredible athlete, does not look polished at all. Those types of guys, the ones where it's Just get the ball into their hands, they never get respect from coaches.
I dunno about that, their RB group is wide open and targets are up for grabs after McLaurin.

You can't take offseason quotes too seriously but Rivera did liken him to CMC for his versatility. Guys like that will find ways on to the field. Maybe he's just a gadget 5/6 touch guy but the potential is real nice. Talk about explosive.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:22 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm
TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am
I dunno about that, their RB group is wide open and targets are up for grabs after McLaurin.

You can't take offseason quotes too seriously but Rivera did liken him to CMC for his versatility. Guys like that will find ways on to the field. Maybe he's just a gadget 5/6 touch guy but the potential is real nice. Talk about explosive.
There are very few things you can take a coach seriously on that he says at this time of year. An unpolished as hell rookie getting 5 touches a game isn't going to have an impact on Steve sims touches when he is a starting receiver.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver