League Integrity/Cheating

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Is Mr Pink challenging league integrity?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes: 27

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

League Integrity/Cheating

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:52 am

I'm going to lay out some facts, and want honest opinions. I feel a team owner has challenged league integrity, and because of that, I feel the owner should be punished. The Commissioner doesn't want to punish the owner because he was "joking". I am ready to quit the league if that is the stance the Commissioner takes.

We will call the team owner in question (league integrity/cheating), Mr Pink:

Lamar made the following trades:

Trade A)
Mr Pink gives Josh Jacobs to Team Moola
Mr Pink receives Sutton, 2.05, 2.07

Trade B)
Mr Pink gives Marquise Brown, 2.01, 2.04, 21 1st, 21 2nd to Team Scroob
Mr Pink receives 1.04

After the Jacobs trade, Mr Pink texts a league owner saying he traded Jacobs to Team Moola, to make said league owner mad.
After the Brown trade, Mr Pink says to the league during the draft, that he traded with Team Moola and Team Scroob, so that they beat other teams.

Do you think this is an integrity issue? I feel that Mr Pink is squarely positioning himself as a taxi squad for these other teams, and while Scroob and Moola may be innocent, they are benefactors. I am ready to quit, but am I overreacting?

This is a money league with friends, but I don't know if its worth continuing at this point. I feel Mr Pink should be docked picks. The Commissioner does not feel it is serious enough to take any action.
Last edited by gogobradyarm on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: League Integrity/Cheating

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 am

the same mr pink who is "a believer in overpaying for his guy"?

i don't particularly like either trade, the second especially, but without the context they're nothing egregious. overall he went from jacobs and hollywood to sutton and swift, paying a 1st and a 2nd for it.
if he thinks the trade makes his team better, while also giving some lesser teams more chances to beat the top competitors, that's in his interest too so i wouldn't be too upset.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:15 am

Those trades don't look that bad. I think he may really have been joking.
There are a lot of people really high on Sutton this year so I value that about even.
I like the M. Brown side of the second trade, but I am high on Brown so others/most may have that even.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:20 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 am the same mr pink who is "a believer in overpaying for his guy"?
The same mr pink lol.
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 am if he thinks the trade makes his team better, while also giving some lesser teams more chances to beat the top competitors, that's in his interest too so i wouldn't be too upset.
One of the lesser teams has won the league two years in a row lol (Team Moola)
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 am

When did this uproar occur? Somebody posted this trade on 5/26:
Patsfan86 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm Im a believer in overpaying to get what i want, so i overpaid significantly in this, anyway

Gave: Marquise Brown, 2.01, 2.04, 2021 1st and 2021 second

Recieved 1.04 (Deandre Swift)

I wanted a top Rookie RB I was basically assured of getting one there and i did.

Also during the draft i did this

Gave Melvin Gordon

Recieved James White and 2.07 (Mims)

I overpaid for sure in one and think i get a really good deal in the other. We shall see.
It’s a spectacularly bad move. Interestingly, the White/Mims trade doesn’t seem to fit. Can you explain a little bit more what his “motivation” is for the other teams to win?

In any case, docking him picks doesn’t fix anything and is the worst solution. Either he’s trying to deliberately undermine the competitive integrity of the league or he isn’t. If he is, he needs to be booted. If he’s not, and he’s just an idiot, then move on.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:31 am

1. I liike the name Mr. Pink. Well played.
2. Both trades obviously are poo.

I'd be more worried about Mr. Pink leaving the league leaving the deserted team sitting in stirrups. I'd ask for next years entrance fee as he's trading away next years picks already. Any time future picks are part of a deal that owner needs to pay up or be subject to a penalty of some sort just to cover your league's butt.

Either way he's entitled to do what he wants as long as he pays up, but I wouldn't want that cancer in my league either.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:31 am

The Gordon/James White traded was with the Commissioner, should have added that.

Year 9 of my league

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:34 am

I've told guys that I would rather trade Player X to them instead of to Team Z because I didn't want to make Team z's starting roster even more OP even if it was a fair trade. Is that collusion or questionable integrity? To me that is part of fantasy football. If your team is super stacked you will get less trade offers unless you overpay. I'm facing that with team 4 currently and most of my recent trades have leaned in the direction with the people I have traded with, not me. It's all about the balance of the league and if I have to "lose" a couple trades to get access to more trade partners that see I'm willing to get my guys, so be it.

I don't think this above case is anything punishable. I think he legitimately liked his deals and none of them are egregious. I'm not sure why you are upset, unless you thought your offer was better. And it very well could have been, but that happens too. Everyone has their own guys they prefer and want.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:34 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 am When did this uproar occur? Somebody posted this trade on 5/26:
This morning I got a random text from Mr Pink that I should take a trade a blockbuster Barkley deal with Team Moola. I had already been stirring because of Mr Pink admitting to helping other franchises including Team Moola. This just made me explode.

Year 9 of my league

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:50 am

The trades are fine, so who cares what his motives are, his team he can do what he wants. Nothing to see here.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:08 am

"Why am I Mr. Pink?"

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:09 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:50 am The trades are fine, so who cares what his motives are, his team he can do what he wants. Nothing to see here.
This pretty much. That guy can try and play league director but you never know what's going to happen at the end of the day

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:50 am The trades are fine, so who cares what his motives are, his team he can do what he wants. Nothing to see here.
If he has openly admitted to making deals for the sole purpose of making other teams better, that is a direct form of sabotage to the league. He may just be saying these things to stir the pot, but if he is doing it to tilt the balance of a league purposely, there is an issue. Seems to me being a "friends" league, he's may just be saying these things to piss people off, but in general, trades designed to undermine the integrity of a league are an issue, if it can be proven.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 pm
If he has openly admitted to making deals for the sole purpose of making other teams better, that is a direct form of sabotage to the league. He may just be saying these things to stir the pot, but if he is doing it to tilt the balance of a league purposely, there is an issue. Seems to me being a "friends" league, he's may just be saying these things to piss people off, but in general, trades designed to undermine the integrity of a league are an issue, if it can be proven.
I've done the same thing to attempt to improve my draft positioning or that of teams whose picks I own, even if I don't publically broadcast it, it's just another part of the game. The deals he made are perfectly acceptable in returns on value, even if they aren't ones I would do personally, and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:54 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 pm
I've done the same thing to attempt to improve my draft positioning or that of teams whose picks I own, even if I don't publically broadcast it, it's just another part of the game. The deals he made are perfectly acceptable in returns on value, even if they aren't ones I would do personally, and that is all that matters at the end of the day.
That's different. That's an attempt to improve your team. Not like another thread we had here, where a player openly admitted to making a deal to try and mess up the league balance, where the deals were very lopsided. (he was eventually removed). In this specific thread, it seems like a bit of trash talk, as the value is fine, I was just trying to make the point actual sabotage should not be tolerated, maybe I didn't voice that clearly.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick