The Dalvin Cook Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Dalvin Cook holding out

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:23 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 am So, how much is Saquon getting next year? Probably in the ballpark of 5/$100M
Not sure he gets much more than CMC. Cap is going down, so I think 17 a year.
It will go down for a year, and then rocket back up once all the new TV deals come in. It would probably actually be cheaper for NYG to extend him next year, rather than wait another year and have the cap go up so much that he can ask for even more.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Dalvin Cook holding out

Postby ericanadian » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:45 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 am

Doesn't really matter, teams know what they are doing juggling the cap, and it's going to be going up a lot in a few years when TV deals are done. Rams are getting close to giving Kupp a big extension despite all the massive contracts they've given out recently.
Recent history shows us that's not the case. A lot of these teams have regretted these deals.

But I get a little bit of it. These teams want to win and that's how you get these players on the field.
And then they cut them and move on, it's not a massive hindrance for them spending money (Rams prime example with the Gurley deal).
Or trade them to Bill O’Brien...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Dalvin Cook

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Sounds like the chef is in hot water.... Yikes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... _I&ampcf=1
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:13 pm

How did you even find this thread?

Anyway, I'm never one to jump to conclusions before all the facts come out, but the texts and pictures look really bad for him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:13 pm How did you even find this thread?

Anyway, I'm never one to jump to conclusions before all the facts come out, but the texts and pictures look really bad for him.
I am never sure if they are real. Those things can be doctored, so I don't assume anything. Dalvin has a troubled past, but he's been clean for years. His side of the story is drastically different. I have no idea what to think, and I'm certainly not jumping to conclusions.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:13 pm How did you even find this thread?

I am never sure if they are real. Those things can be doctored, so I don't assume anything. Dalvin has a troubled past, but he's been clean for years. His side of the story is drastically different. I have no idea what to think, and I'm certainly not jumping to conclusions.
1) advanced search
2) not jumping to conclusions, but this may end up being a tyreek esque buying opportunity. Agree with freak on issues like this, innocent until proven guilty, but if he is guilty he is big poo poo
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:56 pm

*if true

Yeah, I would buy him Tyreek style right now. Looks like he might actually be the victim.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 am

Purely opinion on my part but my hypothesis is Cook received demand for hush money and his legal team wanted to get ahead of the situation so did a pre-emptive lawsuit. Create a he said / she said knowing that these pictures & messages are out there. Perhaps a strategy that is good in a court of law but in the court of public opinion the evidence isn’t looking good for Dalvin. Especially in today’s climate where the new NFL has become a-woke culture conscience

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 am

I recall problems like this before. Did a quick search and in 2019 I called him a woman abuser. There is no context but if I said it back in 2019, so this isn't his first run-in with beating up females.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=184568&p=1683118&hi ... n#p1683118
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:55 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 am I recall problems like this before. Did a quick search and in 2019 I called him a woman abuser. There is no context but if I said it back in 2019, so this isn't his first run-in with beating up females.

Was this tongue in cheek or no? I'm probably misunderstanding if not. Something you said in 2019 is not evidence that he's abusive.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:29 am

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 am Purely opinion on my part but my hypothesis is Cook received demand for hush money and his legal team wanted to get ahead of the situation so did a pre-emptive lawsuit. Create a he said / she said knowing that these pictures & messages are out there. Perhaps a strategy that is good in a court of law but in the court of public opinion the evidence isn’t looking good for Dalvin. Especially in today’s climate where the new NFL has become a-woke culture conscience
I hate the gentrification of the word "woke".

What's "woke" about holding someone accountable for beating a woman, if it's proven that they beat a woman?

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:06 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 am I recall problems like this before. Did a quick search and in 2019 I called him a woman abuser. There is no context but if I said it back in 2019, so this isn't his first run-in with beating up females.

So you called him a woman and animal abuser but you don’t remember why you called him that at the time?
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:18 am

I did find this

The summer before his sophomore year, Cook was accused of punching a woman outside of a Tallahassee bar after a confrontation and was charged with assault, to which he pled not guilty. A jury found Cook not guilty, and he was able to return to the football team.

Mikeh is pretty good about his research

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... rida-state
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:26 am

joeya2001 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:18 am I did find this

The summer before his sophomore year, Cook was accused of punching a woman outside of a Tallahassee bar after a confrontation and was charged with assault, to which he pled not guilty. A jury found Cook not guilty, and he was able to return to the football team.

Mikeh is pretty good about his research

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... rida-state
Yeah I recalled that something along those lines had happened. Still weird to site your own comment as proof though lol

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:26 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:29 am
cazzie33 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 am Purely opinion on my part but my hypothesis is Cook received demand for hush money and his legal team wanted to get ahead of the situation so did a pre-emptive lawsuit. Create a he said / she said knowing that these pictures & messages are out there. Perhaps a strategy that is good in a court of law but in the court of public opinion the evidence isn’t looking good for Dalvin. Especially in today’s climate where the new NFL has become a-woke culture conscience
I hate the gentrification of the word "woke".

What's "woke" about holding someone accountable for beating a woman, if it's proven that they beat a woman?
Cancel culture is running America, things we used to get away with that probably shouldn't have been tolerated, are no longer tolerated, and that's not nice! /s

I never understood the issue with cancel culture outside of digging up something from a decade ago. If people choose not to support someone/hold someone accountable based on their *recent* actions they are free to do so

Back to the matter at hand, what do we think a good price to pay for Cook is (I'm one of the freaks that doesn't care what kind of person an NFL player is, if the get me points I'll take them)
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06