sanders or jacobs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

sanders or jacobs?

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:37 pm

I'm thinking about going after one of these players for team in signature below. I have jacobs in another league. I like both but I really want a piece of sanders. Currently don't have him in any league. Offered melvin gordon and my 2021 1st for sanders. No response yet. Guessing he will decline or counter

My question is what are your thoughts on bkth players long term for dynasty? Both impressed in their rookie season. Who do you have ranked higher?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: sanders or jacobs?

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Sanders because he can catch a pass.

Until Jacobs does that he is an overpriced RB2 masquerading as an RB1--as much as he may be the better runner

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:13 pm

There is a thread in the Player debates about this exact topic. I prefer Jacobs. People forget Jacobs was an excellent pass catcher in college. The Raiders specifically said they didn't want to put too much on Jacobs plate year 1, and that he'd be more involved in the passing game this year. The Raiders are going to use him a ton. Jacobs is the better runner, and I think he'll be used like a true bell cow. Don't think the Eagles will ever use Sanders like that, and they shouldn't. He should still be a back end RB1 or high end RB2 for a few years. Like both players but Jacobs for me in redraft and Dynasty. I just have a bit more confidence Jacobs will be utilized more in the passing game than Sanders becoming a really good early down runner, and I also believe the Raiders will utilize Jacobs more than the Eagles will with Sanders, based on years of observing the two coaches tendencies.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:29 pm

Sanders > Jacobs for me.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:13 pmThere is a thread in the Player debates about this exact topic. I prefer Jacobs.
The link for the topic FF is referring to: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=201579

The subforum for player debates: viewforum.php?f=94
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134