We're all sleeping on Michael Pittman

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: We're all sleeping on Michael Pittman

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 am

it's the barrel bottom scraping time of the year!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:13 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 am it's the barrel bottom scraping time of the year!
And it should be 3 cone time

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:36 pm

They really didn't add a WR in free agency and still need an LT and EDGE while now being down a 3rd

Feel like he should have all the opportunity in the world next season. Whether he takes advantage is tbd though. Looked like a nice player as a rookie but a low hit profile + just a good not spectacular rookie year isn't the best combo.

Wondering if he's worth shopping on situation.

Maybe someone who watched the Colts more could go into more detail on how he looked

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:23 am

Biased owner here, so take with a grain of salt but my rookie impressions on Pittman were more positive then negative. Most of his faults/bad play is fixable (mental mistakes like off sides penalties; curling the wrong way on routes; running into contact rather than away) and were things quite frankly we knew he didn't excel at coming into the league. I think he will improve here, but really leads to the main point which is he just wasn't used to the best of his abilities. He was used largely on underneath routes and schemed touches close to the LOS; where he is a bit slower, and not the best route technician in small spaces. He did decently well after the catch using his physicality to get extra yards, but doesn't have that shiftiness to do so consistently in that area of the field.

His strengths were always being a hands catcher, having a huge catch radius, great long speed with ability to separate, good long route stemming and stacking abilities to position himself to use that long speed to break away or lean on his size to win contested catches if the DBs stick with him. When he was asked to do this for the Colts, he excelled. Unfortunately Rivers was just unable to connect with him a lot of the time.

So kinda like a lot of rookie skill players, he had the disadvantage of the COVID offseason, he also suffered a pretty bad injury early on; and while he came back, I don't think he was 100% and really just behind the 8 ball from jump street. But I'm hoping the way they were using him was largely based on what they felt Rivers abilities (or really limitations) were. If Wentz can return to form a bit, I think Pittman if used like a traditional downfield X receiver has the ability to jump into the WR2 tier this year. The targets should be there for him as I don't see a ton of competition. But he will need to clean up some of the mental errors and hopefully is building rapport and trust with Wentz here in the offseason.

I wouldn't be trading him right now for less than a late first where I could get a replacement like Terrace Marshall or Elijah Moore (draft capital and landing spot pending) and unless those two have that good draft capital with a decent landing spot, I'd still be holding hopes out for Pittman who already has the solid draft capital and good team to succeed as a number 1.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:04 pm

dustyroads wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:23 am Biased owner here, so take with a grain of salt but my rookie impressions on Pittman were more positive then negative. Most of his faults/bad play is fixable (mental mistakes like off sides penalties; curling the wrong way on routes; running into contact rather than away) and were things quite frankly we knew he didn't excel at coming into the league. I think he will improve here, but really leads to the main point which is he just wasn't used to the best of his abilities. He was used largely on underneath routes and schemed touches close to the LOS; where he is a bit slower, and not the best route technician in small spaces. He did decently well after the catch using his physicality to get extra yards, but doesn't have that shiftiness to do so consistently in that area of the field.

His strengths were always being a hands catcher, having a huge catch radius, great long speed with ability to separate, good long route stemming and stacking abilities to position himself to use that long speed to break away or lean on his size to win contested catches if the DBs stick with him. When he was asked to do this for the Colts, he excelled. Unfortunately Rivers was just unable to connect with him a lot of the time.

So kinda like a lot of rookie skill players, he had the disadvantage of the COVID offseason, he also suffered a pretty bad injury early on; and while he came back, I don't think he was 100% and really just behind the 8 ball from jump street. But I'm hoping the way they were using him was largely based on what they felt Rivers abilities (or really limitations) were. If Wentz can return to form a bit, I think Pittman if used like a traditional downfield X receiver has the ability to jump into the WR2 tier this year. The targets should be there for him as I don't see a ton of competition. But he will need to clean up some of the mental errors and hopefully is building rapport and trust with Wentz here in the offseason.

I wouldn't be trading him right now for less than a late first where I could get a replacement like Terrace Marshall or Elijah Moore (draft capital and landing spot pending) and unless those two have that good draft capital with a decent landing spot, I'd still be holding hopes out for Pittman who already has the solid draft capital and good team to succeed as a number 1.
Definitely some good info here and fits with what I saw on how many crossing routes he seemed to be running (and only crossing routes)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:16 pm

I've traded away a share & acquired a share (today) so I suppose that makes my moves net neutral. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun May 30, 2021 3:06 am

seriously, is this guy gonna break out this year?

not in an elite wr stud way but in a target hog way. wentz loved alshon jeffery so i see no reason why he wouldn't target pittman all day long, especially going deep. rivers couldn't shot put the ball very far last season so that limited some of pittman's game. i have a good feeling about this match up of qb and wr.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun May 30, 2021 6:49 am

Would any of you consider trading Godwin for Michael Pittman and a 1st? Something in my gut says to take it. I had a similar offer on the table last year around this time. I think I passed on an offer of Claypool and Jefferson for Godwin. :thumbdown:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:15 am

I would be ok taking that if you had concerns with Pittman

Sorry misread that, you are trading Godwin, only if that 1st is projected to be High
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun May 30, 2021 12:13 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:49 am Would any of you consider trading Godwin for Michael Pittman and a 1st? Something in my gut says to take it. I had a similar offer on the table last year around this time. I think I passed on an offer of Claypool and Jefferson for Godwin. :thumbdown:
Too bad about last year's offer. Have to admit as a Godwin owner I'm concerned with the target distribution. Brady spreads it around, and there's bound to be up-and-down weeks. Long term, I guess it depends on whether or not both parties agree to a new contract. If he stays in Tampa I'm nervous that we won't see his past production for the next couple of seasons.

Still, I don't know if I'd sell for Pittman and a 1st. Personally I think I'd hold at that price. Now if I was getting back a WR I believed in a little more... :think:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:58 pm

TY Hilton to IR today, seeing optimism Pittman could step in as the #1 Indy WR.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:35 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:58 pm TY Hilton to IR today, seeing optimism Pittman could step in as the #1 Indy WR.
Come on now. From the DLF forums we all know it will be Mike Strachan!
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:04 am

mratlanta wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:35 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:58 pm TY Hilton to IR today, seeing optimism Pittman could step in as the #1 Indy WR.
Come on now. From the DLF forums we all know it will be Mike Strachan!
The difference is simply cost of acquisition.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:10 am

If Pittman isn't any good, this offense may struggle. Carson Wentz hasn't had a legit WR to throw to in years. Pre-washed up Alshon, I think and that's been what 3 years now?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:10 am If Pittman isn't any good, this offense may struggle. Carson Wentz hasn't had a legit WR to throw to in years. Pre-washed up Alshon, I think and that's been what 3 years now?
Still not confident he does now. The Colts failed to address the WR position. I usually trust Ballard, but we will see. A lot of people are predicting Hines workload to fall off post-Rivers, but I suspect we will continue to see a heavy dose of him in the short game.