We're all sleeping on Michael Pittman

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

We're all sleeping on Michael Pittman

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Finished my big review of rookie WRs today (late, I know) and my takeaway is that Pittman is criminally undervalued. This guy's going as the 10th WR off the board based on ADP. He should be going fifth at worst, I'd take him third.

The analytics pros and cons speak for itself. He's not an elite athlete, he'll need to back up his size with considerable technique in order to dominate at the NFL level. One's answer to that question comes down to what you think of his tape and landing spot. In a sense, this isn't going to be a super helpful thread, because I don't have much more to say other than that my takeaway from the tape was incredibly positive.

But I'm throwing my advice out there: don't let this guy slip by you. I'm not advocating to take him as the third WR off the board, but I am advocating to aggressively pursue him at the value he's falling to. Trade into the mid second, or move sexier assets to grab him cheap-ish if your draft's already done. If you want a bold claim, I'll plant my flag on a 1,000-yard rookie season.

also, grab Devin Duvernay in the late 3rd

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: We're all sleeping on Michael Pittman

Postby SaQuads_9 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Im not sleeping on him. Grabbed him at 2.01 in our recent draft. He has the size, ball skills, and is plenty athletic for someone 6'4 220+. He has shown improvement each year so def worth a gamble based on the situation (and team love) he is walking into.

My prediction for 2020 is 850 6 TD rookie year which ill take all day.
Team 1: 12 Team, PPR (.5 Point), 34 player roster: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, DST (Year 4)
2020 Champ!

QB: J. Allen,Haskins,Huntley
RB: Saquon,Kamara,Dillion,Sanders,JRob,Snell,Hyde,Foreman,D. Jackson,Phillips
WR: Jefferson, Higgins,KA,Thielin,Ridley,Davis,Gallup,Dyami,A. Tate,N'Keal,Quez,Ruggs,Jennings,DPJ,Treadwell
TE: Knox,J. Smith,Ebron,Tyree, Harris,
2022 Picks: 4,4,

Team 2: 10 Team, PPR (.5 Point): 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2FLEX, SF (Year 1)

QB: Stafford,Ryan,Lance,Darnold,Love,Minshew,Winston
RB: Mixon,Swift,Jones,Dobbins,Dillon, Javonte, Mitchell, Herbert, Jamaal W,Guice
WR: DK,Lamb,AJB,Jeudy,T. Higgins,JuJu,Sutton,Marshall,R. Moore,Gage,Cephus,Quez,Osborn,Pascal
TE: Fant, Knox, Kmet,Hurst,Njoku,Bryant,
DEF: KC, SEA, IND
22 Picks: 2
23 Picks: 1,2,2

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 pm

I took him 1.11 yesterday over Ruggs in one league, and traded my 1 next in another league a couple weeks ago to grab him at 2.03. I'm not sleeping on him.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm

he went 1.11 in my superflex. I was surprised actually...he went before Ruggs and Jefferson who went 2.01. Not many are sleeping on him...he's in that group of WRs that could go anywhere from late 1st to early 2nd.

Id say i guess it's the landing spot because i think him and Bryan Edwards are similar prospects. On talent alone i'd take edwards.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Hard to sleep on a guy who's going in the first, early 2nd at worst from what I have seen.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm Finished my big review of rookie WRs today (late, I know) and my takeaway is that Pittman is criminally undervalued. This guy's going as the 10th WR off the board based on ADP. He should be going fifth at worst, I'd take him third.

The analytics pros and cons speak for itself. He's not an elite athlete, he'll need to back up his size with considerable technique in order to dominate at the NFL level. One's answer to that question comes down to what you think of his tape and landing spot. In a sense, this isn't going to be a super helpful thread, because I don't have much more to say other than that my takeaway from the tape was incredibly positive.

But I'm throwing my advice out there: don't let this guy slip by you. I'm not advocating to take him as the third WR off the board, but I am advocating to aggressively pursue him at the value he's falling to. Trade into the mid second, or move sexier assets to grab him cheap-ish if your draft's already done. If you want a bold claim, I'll plant my flag on a 1,000-yard rookie season.

I don’t think Duvernay will make it to you in the late third in most cases. Maybe the early third.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm torn on Pittman.
I think his athletic profile and size are definitely good enough to become a top receiver. I have a concern about a late breakout age though and is he a deep threat, chain mover, or both? I really don't know. I think he would do well to be a deep ball WR in year 1 because I don't see a path to WR3 as a chain mover in a crowded offense.

His situation leaves a handful of questions:
How will he be used?
This offense already loved to run and with a presumably healthy Campbell and Hines, knowing Rivers tendencies, how many targets are up for grabs on the outside relative to other late 1st receivers? I see this issue with Higgins out of the gate as well
What if Rivers is done? Does the team finish in a bad enough position to draft a solid QB? Do you still like his upside in a Brissett led offense? He'll be 23 in October and the team may shift to a rookie QB after this season. Do you feel comfortable waiting on development?

I like the player. I'm actually fairly down on the landing spot.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm

i'm pretty sure reich said he's going to be their x receiver out of the gate. he will be the possession guy like he was in college. i'm taking him if jeudy/lamb/ruggs are off the board.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:20 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:55 pm
Blueboy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm
I don’t think Duvernay will make it to you in the late third in most cases. Maybe the early third.
He's been there in my seven leagues. Granted they're all superflex, but Mizelle ADP does have him at 3.12.

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 pm I took him 1.11 yesterday over Ruggs in one league, and traded my 1 next in another league a couple weeks ago to grab him at 2.03. I'm not sleeping on him.
Nice. Thus far, the responses to this thread have been mostly on board with that sentiment, which is somewhat surprising based on what I've seen for overall conventional rankings.

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm he went 1.11 in my superflex. I was surprised actually...he went before Ruggs and Jefferson who went 2.01. Not many are sleeping on him...he's in that group of WRs that could go anywhere from late 1st to early 2nd.

Id say i guess it's the landing spot because i think him and Bryan Edwards are similar prospects. On talent alone i'd take edwards.
I'd call for him to be either at the very top of the aforementioned tier of WR, rather than just as a part of it.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:22 pm

I'm with the masses here that I don't think many are still sleeping on him.

I was otc at 2.01 in my SF and had a bidding war over my pick. I declined as I wanted and picked Pittman. One of the owners has been sending me more offers since, with the other one telling me Pittman was who he was trying to get as well.

The latest offer was Hollywood straight up by the way, which again shows people definitely value him highly already.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Picked him at the 2.02 in my league and very happy about that. He’s actually the guy I was hoping would be there.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 am

Doesnt seem to be slept on in my drafts. I picked him up in one league because he intrigued me. He is incredibly strong on contested catches and has great size to pair with his hands and body control.

Does anyone have a breakdown of his route running? With my incredibly basic scouting ability, I notice his routes seem pretty limited and he is a bit slow off the line. I've seen comps to Mike Evans, but Evans was so much quicker off the line and feasted on press coverage in college as well as in the NFL. I think its a decent comp, but think Evans was a significantly better prospect coming out of college.

I'm curious to see how the Colts incorporate him and how he translates. As a Colts fan, I am desperate for another WR weapon and hope Pittman can be what they wanted Funchess to be. I'm also still slightly optimistic for Campbell.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm i'm pretty sure reich said he's going to be their x receiver out of the gate. he will be the possession guy like he was in college. i'm taking him if jeudy/lamb/ruggs are off the board.
2017: 17.6 YPR // 2018: 18.5 YPR // 2019: 12.6 YPR
Who is he? If he can have a sort of Mike Williams role for Rivers, I think that is the best path to fantasy relevancy in year 1. If he's expected to be a possession volume compiler, I seriously doubt that as a rookie he will contribute with a not-done-yet TY Hilton & a YAC guy like Campbell that could be like Rivers' new Ty Williams.
I like the player, think he can do well at all levels of the field but I don't know if he will have that sort of explosive yardage potential with possession receiver usage on likely underwhelming volume. I think he might be better in real-life than fantasy.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:04 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm i'm pretty sure reich said he's going to be their x receiver out of the gate. he will be the possession guy like he was in college. i'm taking him if jeudy/lamb/ruggs are off the board.
2017: 17.6 YPR // 2018: 18.5 YPR // 2019: 12.6 YPR
Who is he? If he can have a sort of Mike Williams role for Rivers, I think that is the best path to fantasy relevancy in year 1. If he's expected to be a possession volume compiler, I seriously doubt that as a rookie he will contribute with a not-done-yet TY Hilton & a YAC guy like Campbell that could be like Rivers' new Ty Williams.
I like the player, think he can do well at all levels of the field but I don't know if he will have that sort of explosive yardage potential with possession receiver usage on likely underwhelming volume. I think he might be better in real-life than fantasy.
Definitely a possible outcome, but I do think Hilton, while definitely still good, is a near lock to get hurt at some point

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:07 am

He has gone as the 6th/6th/7th wr in my drafts so far, Aiyuk went before him in one draft which is understandable as he was drafted earlier. Seems pretty spot on.