Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:27 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:07 am So will Desean Jackson get released? This would mean Reagor would start almost immediately.
I would think he already would have been cut if they were going to cut him. No guarantees he stays around though.
I think had they not kept Riley Cooper, he'd be gone for sure. They are still reviewing it. Probably deciding which will do more damage. Keeping him, or cutting him and getting push back for not cutting Cooper and cutting D Jax. I think he will be suspended at the least.
Different management, no?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:27 pm

ericanadian wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:04 pm Different management, no?
Howie Roseman's been the GM since 2010, so probably not.

Unpopular opinion, but I think the Riley Cooper incident was more about him being an idiot than it was about racism. I've heard much worse vomit coming out of people's mouths when they're pissed off and are about to start a fight -- where the intent is to offend the target as much as possible. I also think what Desean said is more the result of ignorance than him having anti-Semitic beliefs; with the Calculus being something along the lines of, "Jews have a lot of money, and people with a lot of money will abuse their power and extort this country".

Both people deserved to be reprimanded, but cancel culturing them does no one good. They need to be educated to understand their misgivings and make amends in the future, not wiped from the public's eye.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:19 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:27 pm
ericanadian wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:04 pm Different management, no?
Howie Roseman's been the GM since 2010, so probably not.

Unpopular opinion, but I think the Riley Cooper incident was more about him being an idiot than it was about racism. I've heard much worse vomit coming out of people's mouths when they're pissed off and are about to start a fight -- where the intent is to offend the target as much as possible. I also think what Desean said is more the result of ignorance than him having anti-Semitic beliefs; with the Calculus being something along the lines of, "Jews have a lot of money, and people with a lot of money will abuse their power and extort this country".

Both people deserved to be reprimanded, but cancel culturing them does no one good. They need to be educated to understand their misgivings and make amends in the future, not wiped from the public's eye.
Don't forget he lost a power struggle with Chip Kelly where he didn't have roster say for 2 years.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 pm

I don’t think Jackson gets suspended and I don’t think Jackson affects Reagor’s production at all.

If Reagor is good enough to be fantasy relevant in 2020, a the presence/absence of a broken DeSean Jackson isn’t going to make a difference.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:10 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 pm I don’t think Jackson gets suspended and I don’t think Jackson affects Reagor’s production at all.

If Reagor is good enough to be fantasy relevant in 2020, a the presence/absence of a broken DeSean Jackson isn’t going to make a difference.
Well, the Eagles had specifically said they were having Reagor work in Jackson's role, due to a limited off season. That was where he was going to focus his attention on, so I don't necessarily agree. Early on, Jackson would have been the starter, IMO, so it would affect Reagor's snaps early in the season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:10 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 pm I don’t think Jackson gets suspended and I don’t think Jackson affects Reagor’s production at all.

Well, the Eagles had specifically said they were having Reagor work in Jackson's role, due to a limited off season. That was where he was going to focus his attention on, so I don't necessarily agree. Early on, Jackson would have been the starter, IMO, so it would affect Reagor's snaps early in the season.
I personally don't think they're going to bench a playmaker like Reagor for Greg Ward/JJAW unless we see some unprecedented jump with him from year 1 to year 2.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 pm

My point is that players who are unable to overcome this version of DeSean Jackson on a depth chart are, by definition, irrelevant in fantasy.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:47 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 pm

My point is that players who are unable to overcome this version of DeSean Jackson on a depth chart are, by definition, irrelevant in fantasy.
Desean is old, but besides getting injured at an alarming rate he really hasn't shown a significant degradation in his skill set up to this point.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:12 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Desean is old, but besides getting injured at an alarming rate he really hasn't shown a significant degradation in his skill set up to this point.
Huh. I looked him up just now. He's been better than I thought from a real football standpoint.

I guess I could amend this. Jackson's really unlikely to be a relevant fantasy producer- he's entering his age 34 season and the last time he was better than a WR4 was 2014. I don't think his type of volume/market share is likely to preclude Reagor from being a fantasy relevant player, especially given the rest of the depth chart. If Reagor is good enough right now to be a relevant fantasy producer, then he will be, with or without Jackson. If he can't get enough snaps to be relevant with Jackson and the 8 anonymous deep threats on the Eagles WR depth chart as the only thing in front of him, then I'd be surprised if he could be relevant in any situation.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:47 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:12 pm

Huh. I looked him up just now. He's been better than I thought from a real football standpoint.

I guess I could amend this. Jackson's really unlikely to be a relevant fantasy producer- he's entering his age 34 season and the last time he was better than a WR4 was 2014. I don't think his type of volume/market share is likely to preclude Reagor from being a fantasy relevant player, especially given the rest of the depth chart. If Reagor is good enough right now to be a relevant fantasy producer, then he will be, with or without Jackson. If he can't get enough snaps to be relevant with Jackson and the 8 anonymous deep threats on the Eagles WR depth chart as the only thing in front of him, then I'd be surprised if he could be relevant in any situation.
I understood your overall point. Mine was that a rookie with almost no off season may not usurp the incumbent right away, simply due to lack of off season reps and familiarity with the system, whereas if the incumbent is released, he stands to see more snaps right away. Long term D-Jax isn't a threat to the outcome of Reagor, merely in the short term.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:47 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:12 pm

I understood your overall point. Mine was that a rookie with almost no off season may not usurp the incumbent right away, simply due to lack of off season reps and familiarity with the system, whereas if the incumbent is released, he stands to see more snaps right away. Long term D-Jax isn't a threat to the outcome of Reagor, merely in the short term.
Agreed- but do you think there's a scenario where Reagor would be fantasy relevant in the short term but only if Jackson wasn't playing? Like yeah, he'll probably get more snaps in the short term with Jackson out of the fold. But is he going to do anything to help fantasy teams with those snaps if his present skill level is such that he's only getting them because DeSean Jackson wasn't there? Even in the short term, that seems like a really narrow target- good enough to produce for a fantasy team, but not good enough to play ahead of DeSean Jackson and the 4.38 Outcasts.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Reagor led all college WRs in contested catches.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/ ... 92033?s=20

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:49 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 pm Reagor led all college WRs in contested catches.

Because he gets very little separation against quality corners outside of screens and just running by guys.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:55 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 pm Reagor led all college WRs in contested catches.

Quite possibly the most overrated stat or trait of a WR.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Because he gets very little separation against quality corners outside of screens and just running by guys.
:lol: