Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:51 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:45 pm Qbs know which guys are good at contested catches. WRs aren't open every play and many times qbs have to throw the wr open. Qbs like a guy who can make contested catches especially on 3rd downs and passing downs where the window of opportunity is smaller.

I do think Reagor needs to refine his route running but thats will come with coaching/experience and practice. But you can't take away the stuff the guy does without even being that good at route running.
So exactly how many contested catches did he have in college? Think in 2019 I read he made 8 contested catches.
IDK the number my guy. And honestly i dont care as much about how many exactly. For me, since day 1 i've said i feel Reagor is good at making contested catches...and then this article comes out and imo it proves it. It's not like this stat just made me start liking Reagor...it was more of a acknowledgement of what i see on tape. And i think its a pretty important stat...especially because Reagor is also a speedy deep threat. But he can also make tough catches with CBs on him and in traffic.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:45 pm Qbs know which guys are good at contested catches. WRs aren't open every play and many times qbs have to throw the wr open. Qbs like a guy who can make contested catches especially on 3rd downs and passing downs where the window of opportunity is smaller.

I do think Reagor needs to refine his route running but thats will come with coaching/experience and practice. But you can't take away the stuff the guy does without even being that good at route running.
So exactly how many contested catches did he have in college? Think in 2019 I read he made 8 contested catches.
Reagor led this class of WRs in total contested catches at 27, 2nd was Cee Dee Lamb with 21.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:16 pm

I don't know much about him honestly so take with a grain of salt but he looked really small to me on film.

And then his 40 time didn't wow and his agility drills kind of stunk.

I know theres a ton of opportunity on the eagles but I'm not so sure.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:22 pm

mullmania wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:16 pm I don't know much about him honestly so take with a grain of salt but he looked really small to me on film.

And then his 40 time didn't wow and his agility drills kind of stunk.

I know theres a ton of opportunity on the eagles but I'm not so sure.
He played at roughly in the 190's but turned up to the combine in the 200's (I think 206). Think he tried to beef up and I think it affected his combine scores (can't guarantee it obvs). What you saw on tape should be his playing size.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:28 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Reagor led this class of WRs in total contested catches at 27, 2nd was Cee Dee Lamb with 21.
2nd in contested catches but I think I also saw he was top 2 in seperation of a step or more (can't remember the exact words) which to me could point to bad QB play.
It's obvious he is a very polarising player and I did mention before about his drops so Reagor fanboys like myself are aware of these red flags.

EDIT: it was seperation 20+ yards down field and he was 3rd, so I'm not sure about his separation within 20yards, also found this quote "Reagor was open on 73% of targets the last two seasons, but only 37% of those targets were accurate, per PFF" I'm not sure how much accuracy everyone puts into PFF but still startling how bad the QB play really was. Man Reagor seems to sit high on most stats good and bad, he's going to be a wild ride like Ice below mentioned, I love the risk though.
Last edited by AussieMate on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Good luck with This player. I don’t own him anywhere as my take is he will be pretty inconsistent week over week but I like his upside even though the system he is in way to diverse for my taste.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:25 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:28 pm

2nd in contested catches but I think I also saw he was top 2 in seperation of a step or more (can't remember the exact words) which to me could point to bad QB play.
It's obvious he is a very polarising player and I did mention before about his drops so Reagor fanboys like myself are aware of these red flags.

EDIT: it was seperation 20+ yards down field and he was 3rd, so I'm not sure about his separation within 20yards, also found this quote "Reagor was open on 73% of targets the last two seasons, but only 37% of those targets were accurate, per PFF" I'm not sure how much accuracy everyone puts into PFF but still startling how bad the QB play really was. Man Reagor seems to sit high on most stats good and bad, he's going to be a wild ride like Ice below mentioned, I love the risk though.
Interesting, I got my contested catch stats from here:
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/ ... 92033?s=20

Where are you finding he came in 2nd in this class?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:54 pm

What’s the average accuracy on throws 20+ yards downfield at the college level? The NFL completion rate on that distance is well under 40%.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:02 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Interesting, I got my contested catch stats from here:
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/ ... 92033?s=20

Where are you finding he came in 2nd in this class?
You are correct, I was just going off memory, hence me putting him at 2nd in the separation on 20+ yards stat when he was 3rd, my bad. I don't have twitter and generally go off half remembered writings and things from podcasts, I'm generally in the ballpark but it does lead to slight errors. Also good to note that is in reference to just the 1st rnd receivers, PFF slips that in and gets missed a lot.
Last edited by AussieMate on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:05 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:54 pm

What’s the average accuracy on throws 20+ yards downfield at the college level? The NFL completion rate on that distance is well under 40%.
The quote wasn't in reference to 20+ yard targets just something interesting whilst looking for other stats, the quote was for his targets in general through 2018-2019, is that what you meant? Now it would be interesting to see how many of his targets were 20+ yards downfield.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:05 pm

The quote wasn't in reference to 20+ yard targets just something interesting whilst looking for other stats, the quote was for his targets in general through 2018-2019, is that what you meant? Now it would be interesting to see how many of his targets were 20+ yards downfield.
My point was that he goes deep a lot and you’re generally going to receive less accurate passes the higher your average DoT is. He also ran a lot of screens, or sat in the flat, which would increase his percentage being open stat. He also played a load of trash in terms of competition, which will also increase your percentage open without impacting accuracy of passes.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AkaliWarrior » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Contested catches by small WR's= WR's that can't separate. Not a great skill, IMO.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:05 pm

My point was that he goes deep a lot and you’re generally going to receive less accurate passes the higher your average DoT is. He also ran a lot of screens, or sat in the flat, which would increase his percentage being open stat. He also played a load of trash in terms of competition, which will also increase your percentage open without impacting accuracy of passes.
I'm not going to argue he ran a high percentage of go routes and screens, he was targeted 14.61% on screens and 16.89% on go routes, both high percentages but it still doesn't equal out to being the reason he had such a low percentage of accurate passes. I'm actually not sure what your angle is here, are you arguing against Reagor with these points, or just stating facts, I don't mind either way as this all interests me, just not sure if you're expecting a further debate or just an fyi post about Dot etc :thumbup:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:56 pm

This came up a long while ago but I found it very interesting and think its worth posting again for people to see how targets and yards were spread by routes run. The one with 30.14% at the top left is Yards per Route run I believe and the one with 25.87% in top left was Targets per routes run.
Attachments
ETHHVseXkAM1Ywj.jpg
ETHHVseXkAM1Ywj.jpg (188.95 KiB) Viewed 284 times
ETHJCVEXQAIy1ql.jpg
ETHJCVEXQAIy1ql.jpg (191.4 KiB) Viewed 284 times

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Interesting, but why do these numbers not add up to 100%? If theyre missing routes, why did they omit them?