Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

Postby ekilla183 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:00 pm

Ive watched a little bit of tape on this classes WR (Though not nearly enough and I have a tough time evaluating WR prospects in general), and while its by far not the general consensus, Ive seen and heard numerous "experts" have Reagor as their WR1 in this class.

I was wondering what these individuals are seeing and whether or not you think this is a solid take; or even how feasible it is for him to become the WR1 from this class. Any scouting bits you've noticed would be much appreciated and would be very helpful in examining his tape a little deeper.

Thoughts on Reagor?

(Situationally for myself, Im sitting at 1.07 and depending on how the board falls Id probably be choosing between him or Jeudy. Jeudy has been my preference, but just looking for more information)
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Burrow, Watson, Lance, Purdey
RB: ETN, K. Mitchell, Ford, Dobbins, Gibson, Eli Mitchell, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Ceedee, DK, Tee, Eli Moore, Michael Wilson, Skyy, Demario Douglass, Boutte
TE: Hock, Dulcich

2024 Picks: 5 2024 1sts, my own picks in rounds 3-10

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

Postby CGW » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:50 pm

He's in the discussion for the top handful of WR in this class. Lamb and jeudy have gone before him in every single draft I've done/seen so far.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:04 pm

Reagor has slowly moved higher and higher for me in this draft to the point where he's just under Lamb for me, he's certainly not a perfect prospect but I think he has a massive ceiling and believe if he had a good QB last year he would have been in the conversation with Ruggs Jeudy and Lamb at draft time about who was would be the first WR off the board.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 pm

IM that guy...i had 1.08 and took Reagor. Passed on Lamb (who i had as my #1WR through the whole draft process). It was hard. Lamb is more of the traditional WR1. Reagor isn't as polished as a WR but he brings that other dimension to his game like Deebo Samuel (i drafted Deebo at 1.08 last year). He's an explosive playmaker and i think they will find ways to get him the ball. He's going to line up all over the field...slot, outside and maybe even in the backfield. I think Philly has big plans in store for him.

Reagor is a high upside pick imo. Lamb is completely safe to me. i take Lamb over Jeudy. I also think Reagor has the higher chance to bust...but im swinging for the fences with Reagor. He's my top wr

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 pm

There isn't any consensus 1. Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor are all guys I hear as the top guy. Reagor is not my top WR, but there isn't any clear top guy, so it's really up to what you are looking for. I think Ruggs probably has the highest ceiling, but also a lower floor. I think Lamb is really safe. Reagor is a guy that reminds me a bit of Corey Coleman. All the raw tools, but lacks refinement. Coleman didn't seem to really care about football, and had a bad attitude, so not saying he'll end up like the NFL version of Coleman.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 pm There isn't any consensus 1. Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor are all guys I hear as the top guy. Reagor is not my top WR, but there isn't any clear top guy, so it's really up to what you are looking for. I think Ruggs probably has the highest ceiling, but also a lower floor. I think Lamb is really safe. Reagor is a guy that reminds me a bit of Corey Coleman. All the raw tools, but lacks refinement. Coleman didn't seem to really care about football, and had a bad attitude, so not saying he'll end up like the NFL version of Coleman.
I don't need Reagor to be a bust like Coleman...stop talking that up! :shh: :ewink: no but i agree...there is risk and his tape was harder for me to process as opposed to the other guys. It would have helped if he was at the senior bowl so we could see him do some 1on1s.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Reagor's a pretty divisive prospect

Reagor Hype:
https://twitter.com/michaelkistnfl/stat ... 2687148033
https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/stat ... 09/photo/1
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/ ... 9693228039
https://www.sportsgrid.com/fantasy/two- ... e-is-dead/

to summarize: Analytically, part of the highest hit rate cohort in fantasy (73% hit rate; freshman breakout, early declare, 1st round draft capital). He's the only WR that fits this criteria in the entire draft class (Cee Dee Lamb basically hit it as well once you factor in target competition). QB play was bottom 5 in NCAAF; WR's ranked ahead of him had top 5 QB play in NCAAF.

He finds himself in a great situation (Pederson, Wentz); Opportunity (Alshon likely starting on PUP after a week 14 lisfranc injury) presumed starter across from Desean Jackson in week 1.

I still have Lamb as my WR1 because I believe his floor is a little higher, but I can see the case for Reagor as WR1 and I believe he's the best value at WR in the draft

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:15 pm

I don't think he's the top WR in the class but I'm struggling where to put him anywhere from 3 all the way down to 6. I'm more confident in Lamb and Jefferson than I've been in any WRs in the last 3 draft classes combined so I'm solid on my top 2.

I like Reagor's situation far more than any WR in the class & I definitely factor that in heavily when drafting because I would rather flip a fraud in a good offense after 1 year than draft a WR who's QB can't even drive it outside of the hashes. His speed wasn't great but height/weight is more indicative of NFL success at WR..... unfortunately he doesn't have that on his side either. However, he displayed tremendous explosiveness in the other tests and his all purpose skill-set is indicative of a player who can create after the catch. I think he settles in as a Stefon Diggs type of player. I think he'll always stick in the top-30 but never put together the consistency to be a top-10 option.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 pm There isn't any consensus 1. Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor are all guys I hear as the top guy. Reagor is not my top WR, but there isn't any clear top guy, so it's really up to what you are looking for. I think Ruggs probably has the highest ceiling, but also a lower floor. I think Lamb is really safe. Reagor is a guy that reminds me a bit of Corey Coleman. All the raw tools, but lacks refinement. Coleman didn't seem to really care about football, and had a bad attitude, so not saying he'll end up like the NFL version of Coleman.
I don't need Reagor to be a bust like Coleman...stop talking that up! :shh: :ewink: no but i agree...there is risk and his tape was harder for me to process as opposed to the other guys. It would have helped if he was at the senior bowl so we could see him do some 1on1s.
For sure, but they don't allow juniors. I know what you mean, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:12 am

ekilla183 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:00 pmhow feasible it is for him to become the WR1 from this class.
I think it's quite feasible. I love his tape and landing spot.

Last year the top WR was Harry for most people. Meanwhile DK went 2nd, AJ Brown 3rd, Deebo 6th, and Marquise Brown 10th. In 2017, Corey Davis was the top rookie WR, while Juju was 4th and Godwin was 7th. And if you keep going back in time, you'll see several examples where the #1 consensus WR at the time didn't turn out to be the #1 WR in the draft.

Personally, I love Reagor. I traded back in all my drafts and made him my primary target. I could have had Lamb or Jeudy at the 1.05 spot, but instead traded back to 1.14 & to the 2.01 spot in SF leagues and got an extra future 1st in both transactions. My goal was to trade back up a few spots for cheaper to snag Reagor but no takers. Luckily Reager fell to me in both leagues. Talk about feeling stoked!
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 pmi had 1.08 and took Reagor. Passed on Lamb
This is badass and exactly the right thing to do. GET YOUR GUY! It's so easy to go with the consensus and pick the top WR. I've been in fantasy football for over 20 years, and more than once I've loved a player but didn't pick him when it became my turn to draft because I was scared to go against the majority opinion. I've regretted it nearly every time. Since I've started going with my gut things have been pretty awesome, and I'm finding fantasy a lot more enjoyable too.

Seriously straightcash, that is awesome. A Vikings fan took Jefferson as the #1 WR in one of my leagues, but it's been pretty much chalk everywhere else for me. It's extremely hard in dynasty to be sitting OTC and go against the popular vote like that. Tons of respect in your direction.
IZigUZag wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pmto summarize: Analytically, part of the highest hit rate cohort in fantasy (73% hit rate; freshman breakout, early declare, 1st round draft capital). He's the only WR that fits this criteria in the entire draft class (Cee Dee Lamb basically hit it as well once you factor in target competition). QB play was bottom 5 in NCAAF; WR's ranked ahead of him had top 5 QB play in NCAAF.

He finds himself in a great situation (Pederson, Wentz); Opportunity (Alshon likely starting on PUP after a week 14 lisfranc injury) presumed starter across from Desean Jackson in week 1.
I more or less came here to say some of this. I love the QB comparison. I don't remember his name but those TCU games were hard to watch because of the QB play. Reagor still managed to stand out. That screams "elite" and is a huge reason I'm targeting him in every draft.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 am

that last post confirms i will not take reagor anywhere seeing mike has already said he sucks at picking wrs.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 am that last post confirms i will not take reagor anywhere seeing mike has already said he sucks at picking wrs.
I do. This is by my own admission.

The WRs I’ve drafted over the last two years are DJ Moore, Marquise Brown (woo!) and Parris Campbell (boo!).

That’s right. Seven dynasty leagues, I targeted a total of three receivers in two years. All I ever do is draft running back and then use that to trade for a wide receiver early in their careers. So while I own others such as Deebo Samuel, Cortland Sutton, and AJ Brown… I didn’t actually draft any of those guys.

I’ll own 4 copies of Reagor, my biggest “all in” at wide receiver ever. I did more research than ever and I feel pretty confident. So if I fail here, I might just keep my mouth shut at wr forever.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 am that last post confirms i will not take reagor anywhere seeing mike has already said he sucks at picking wrs.
I do. This is by my own admission.

The WRs I’ve drafted over the last two years are DJ Moore, Marquise Brown (woo!) and Parris Campbell (boo!).

That’s right. Seven dynasty leagues, I targeted a total of three receivers in two years. All I ever do is draft running back and then use that to trade for a wide receiver early in their careers. So while I own others such as Deebo Samuel, Cortland Sutton, and AJ Brown… I didn’t actually draft any of those guys.

I’ll own 4 copies of Reagor, my biggest “all in” at wide receiver ever. I did more research than ever and I feel pretty confident. So if I fail here, I might just keep my mouth shut at wr forever.
What RBs did you trade for your WRs
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm

IDK the dude looks small and didnt seem to test althetic at the combine.

I think possible bustero

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:47 pm

mullmania wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm IDK the dude looks small and didnt seem to test althetic at the combine.

I think possible bustero
That’s what I’m afraid of with Reagor. He seems like a big time, boom or bust prospect, I’ve already got him in a couple of leagues, just because he was available at a spot where I felt it was worth the risk but I’m taking Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson and probably Ruggs over him, every time. To each their own though, it’s what makes fantasy fun.