Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:32 am

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:45 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Honestly, pretty close comp on paper.

Reagor is an inch shorter, 10 lbs heavier, .25" bigger hands, a bit faster, 2 picks later in the 1st than Maclin, and slightly better BA. I don't think it can get much closer than that lol I'm sure lots of Reagor fans want more than what Maclin did in his career, but Maclin averaged close to 1000 yards and a little over 7 TD over his first 6 seasons. I feel like he was more pedestrian than that
Well, based on combine numbers, Maclin is actually faster. Maclin ran a 4.45, I believe, Reagor a 4.47, but it's basically negligible. He'd be slightly faster if he tested at his play weight, I think. Reagor is actually around 198, which is exactly what Maclin was. He weighed in at that after the combine, and played around that weight. He bulked up for the combine, but it's not his play weight. I think he may put up better numbers due to a 17th game, that doesn't hurt. :lol:
i mean anyone that argues that his pro day time at 4.22 is more accurate is just not thinking, but i dont think anyone really believes he's a 4.47 guy either.

I'd feel comfortable assuming his accurate 40 is somewhere in the middle at like 4.35, regardless i do think he's faster than Maclin was
Player profiler had Maclin at 4.48 I believe. But yeah I don't Reagor is a 4.47 guy or a 4.22 guy. Splitting the difference seems about right when you watch him, but maybe that extra weight truly did slow him down that much

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:19 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:32 am
ThunderTung wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Well, based on combine numbers, Maclin is actually faster. Maclin ran a 4.45, I believe, Reagor a 4.47, but it's basically negligible. He'd be slightly faster if he tested at his play weight, I think. Reagor is actually around 198, which is exactly what Maclin was. He weighed in at that after the combine, and played around that weight. He bulked up for the combine, but it's not his play weight. I think he may put up better numbers due to a 17th game, that doesn't hurt. :lol:
i mean anyone that argues that his pro day time at 4.22 is more accurate is just not thinking, but i dont think anyone really believes he's a 4.47 guy either.

I'd feel comfortable assuming his accurate 40 is somewhere in the middle at like 4.35, regardless i do think he's faster than Maclin was
Player profiler had Maclin at 4.48 I believe. But yeah I don't Reagor is a 4.47 guy or a 4.22 guy. Splitting the difference seems about right when you watch him, but maybe that extra weight truly did slow him down that much
It likely affected his agility drills, as well. Not necessarily that he put on more weight which makes it harder to change direction, but also because of the minimal amount of time he had to get used to it. A lot of sudden change of direction movement is muscle memory.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Watched him more than maybe any other prospect in this draft besides JT and CeeDee and still don't understand what people see.

Guy flat out disappeared in so many games.

I know he had bad QB play; but even in games where the TCU offense was rolling with 30-40+ points against teams like Kansas and Texas Tech he was often not even the leading WR on his team. And unlike Ruggs or Jefferson he doesn't have the excuse of target competition.

I'd easily take those two and even work through the Mims/Higgins/Pittman/Vaughn/Dillon tier and maybe even Shenault before touching Reagor with a 10-foot pole. He is closer to Chase Claypool for me than to Lamb/Jeudy or even Jefferson

For me personally: pretty much all this was confirmed by the Eagles (having seen their WR evaluation skills) taking him, just like Corey Coleman being a bust was solidified for me when the Browns took him

The dynasty community seems to slobber over him, even putting him ahead of Jefferson (who is a better route runner, has better hands and is better at contested catches) and in some cases Lamb/Jeudy and it boggles my mind.

It can go both ways: I never understood the dynasty hype around N'Keal Harry last year, but I also thought DK's stock was way overpriced.

But I'm sticking to my guns on this one: I think the Eagles will be looking for a new WR soon enough and kicking themselves over not moving up for Lamb/Jeudy or picking Jefferson

Testing wise: I agree he is faster than 4.47 but the agility score would worry me quite a bit even if his awful production last year wasn't enough to dissuade me from drafting him

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:44 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 pm Watched him more than maybe any other prospect in this draft besides JT and CeeDee and still don't understand what people see.

I know he had bad QB play; but even in games where the TCU offense was rolling with 30-40+ points against teams like Kansas and Texas Tech he was often not even the leading WR on his team. And unlike Ruggs or Jefferson he doesn't have the excuse of target competition.

I'd easily take those two and even work through the Mims/Higgins/Pittman/Vaughn/Dillon tier and maybe even Shenault before touching Reagor with a 10-foot pole. He is closer to Chase Claypool for me than to Lamb/Jeudy or even Jefferson

For me personally: pretty much all this was confirmed by the Eagles (having seen their WR evaluation skills) taking him, just like Corey Coleman being a bust was solidified for me when the Browns took him

The dynasty community seems to slobber over him, even putting him ahead of Jefferson (who is a better route runner, has better hands and is better at contested catches) and in some cases Lamb/Jeudy and it boggles my mind.

It can go both ways: I never understood the dynasty hype around N'Keal Harry last year, but I also thought DK's stock was way overpriced.

But I'm sticking to my guns on this one: I think the Eagles will be looking for a new WR soon enough and kicking themselves over not moving up for Lamb/Jeudy or picking Jefferson

Testing wise: I agree he is faster than 4.47 but the agility score would worry me quite a bit even if his awful production last year wasn't enough to dissuade me from drafting him
I mostly agree with this, maybe not so much on putting Shenault before him (who i think is an absolute stinker of a player) But i never understood the guys talking him up like he was an absolute monster. I'd feel comfortable taking him after Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, and Pittman. Before those guys though, i'd probably just trade down a few spots or go with the aforementioned
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 pm Watched him more than maybe any other prospect in this draft besides JT and CeeDee and still don't understand what people see.

when i see Reagor i see him doing stuff on tape that alot of guys CANT do. i see alot of DJ Moore in Reagor and i think the Eagles will use his versatility in the same way. Reagor is one of those guys i feel will be a better Pro than he was in college. get this guy in a system where a coach knows how to utilize his many strengths. I think Reagor is going surprise a lot of people. He's my WR1 next to Lamb.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:33 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 am

when i see Reagor i see him doing stuff on tape that alot of guys CANT do. i see alot of DJ Moore in Reagor and i think the Eagles will use his versatility in the same way. Reagor is one of those guys i feel will be a better Pro than he was in college. get this guy in a system where a coach knows how to utilize his many strengths. I think Reagor is going surprise a lot of people. He's my WR1 next to Lamb.
I remember DJ quite well as a prospect and--like Reagor--he didn't have great QB play in college. But from what I saw: Moore had the route tree to adjust and still produce (and better lateral movement).

I can certainly see Reagor as a better pro than college player. I just have a hard time seeing an alpha WR1 or thinking he's OBJ; but most notably, I see his current stock as a lot of projection on a team (to put him clearly ahead of Higgins/Mims tier and on par with Jefferson--comparing what I saw from those WRs to what I saw from Reagor).

Now building off the idea that he is a lot of projection: Pederson is a great coach and Wentz is a good QB and they do need WRs but their record on developing WRs looks piss poor. JJAW wasn't a bad prospect, and Agholor/Jordan Matthews (he was part Chip Kelly too) showed a lot of promise early in their careers but stalled and regressed. Even Alshon regressed after coming to Philly.

The scheme is good for winning games but for developing WRs? I think it's a bad fit for a WR that to me needs a lot work

He passes the two most important WR checkboxes with flying colors in draft capital and breakout age; but tape wise, I came away so underwhelmed.

The only times I can remember that he truly seemed impressive to me was against Ohio State 2018, Kansas 2018 (and it's Kansas so it barely counts for me) and Oklahoma State 2019; and in an awful defensive conference really susceptible to speedsters, I think he should have done so much more

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:51 pm

sure he's not an alpha WR1. But i do like what i saw from him. Even if you want to call him gadget? He still has great hands, makes contested catches, has a good catch radius. Usually gadget players dont have those qualities. Reagor can take the top off the defense, take a jet sweep, a screen, etc.

Reagor garners a lot of attention from a defense with his versatility. But i think it's a good debate. i can't wait to see how this turns out...i have alot riding on this guy :D

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AkaliWarrior » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 am

My WR1 this year is Michael Pittman. Really believe he’s going to have the best rookie WR season followed by Lamb. I think Lamb has the highest longterm upside, but I can’t believe how many people are overlooking Pittman.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:51 pm

AkaliWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 am My WR1 this year is Michael Pittman. Really believe he’s going to have the best rookie WR season followed by Lamb. I think Lamb has the highest longterm upside, but I can’t believe how many people are overlooking Pittman.
Pittman was the 8th WR drafted I think in the NFL draft. Pittman IMO may be being over drafted by the fantasy community.

He went to a good situation but may be the 3rd option best case this season on a run heavy team. He has upside but his separation skills are not close to elite. I like him as #2 on his team as a possession type.

Pittman isn't even a 1st round fantasy talent this draft IMO in a 12 team league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AkaliWarrior » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:19 am

Ice wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:51 pm
AkaliWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 am My WR1 this year is Michael Pittman. Really believe he’s going to have the best rookie WR season followed by Lamb. I think Lamb has the highest longterm upside, but I can’t believe how many people are overlooking Pittman.
Pittman was the 8th WR drafted I think in the NFL draft. Pittman IMO may be being over drafted by the fantasy community.

He went to a good situation but may be the 3rd option best case this season on a run heavy team. He has upside but his separation skills are not close to elite. I like him as #2 on his team as a possession type.

Pittman isn't even a 1st round fantasy talent this draft IMO in a 12 team league.
Right. That’s the general consensus, which is what I am saying is being overlooked. You know who else doesn’t separate well? Mike Evans. Separation skill, wasn’t that the knock on Alston Jeffery as well?

Pittman is being overlooked precisely because of when he was drafted. But his role is no different than Reagors. Philly has Miles Sanders, Zach Ertz and Jeffery. They also have Desean, whom is an eerily similar player to TY Hilton.

Pittmans competition is who, other than TY? They don’t have a good TE and no Indy RB is catching nearly as many balls out of the backfield as Miles Sanders or Boston Scott.

And Dallas has even more mouths to feed before Lamb gets his.

I guess we’ll see, but Pittman has the least competition for touches compared to almost any other top Rookie WR, and with his size, catch point radius and route running, you don’t need insane separation skills to be highly successful.

Being able to get Pittman in the early 2nd in virtually every rookie draft is a huge steal.

Sorry to hijack the Reagor thread.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:53 am

This draft capital stuff drives me nuts. This is not aimed at anyone in particular, so please don’t take it that way. But some of the believers in it seem to think it ends all arguments about assessing WRs. All it is is playing statistical odds for a group, but it seems like it has almost become an excuse not to exhibit critical thinking skills and evaluate intangibles through observation.

The best WR in NFL history was the 3rd WR taken in his draft class, behind Al Toon and Eddie Brown no less. 15 NFL teams and their management and scouting cadres passed on him. Kevin Dyson was selected before Randy Moss, and 20 teams passed on Moss before he was selected. The third most prolific WR in NFL history went in the 3rd round, and the 5th most prolific in the 2nd round.

Year after year after year we seem teams that badly need an influx of quality talent pass on future great players, and sometimes we see some of the very best players fall rounds by the entire league before they get picked.

Hell, I’ve got a WR corps founded by Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, and Courtland Sutton, and its not because I’m some kind of astounding WR guru but rather because some really good FFers let those guys drop to me and I happened to be in a position to have them fall into my lap because they were selecting more highly drafted WRs before these guys.

I get using draft position and break out age as a good starting point because it does have statistical backing, but it is hardly the end-all-be-all to discussions and group statistics are dangerous to apply to specific individuals without looking at a lot of intangibles.

I watch Reagor play and I see some great physical characteristics and some strong measureables. But I also see a guy who does not favor contact at all, gets muscled off his routes easily, and lost an alarming number of catches by getting the ball slapped out after he had his hands on it. Those are items that don’t show up at the combine, or in his break out age, or where he was drafted. I will fully acknowledge I could be dead wrong about him but I see some very real red flags that I think are worth discussing. I look at Pittman and I see a guy who won a lot of battles for the football and making tough to spectacular catches all over the field despite not being the uber athlete, which I happen to think are highly desirable traits for a successful WR. He gets body position, does the sneaky the little things that get just a couple of feet of separation just before the ball arrives, and his hands are just outright sticky. Again, all traits that don’t show up in 40 times or shuttle runs, or dropping prolific stats at the college level. I can absolutely see the argument for Pittman over Reagor based upon the eye test. And again admitting that no one right now knows how either of these guys will adjust to NFL play, which there is no solution for other than seeing them in pads in real games up against starting NFL CBs.

Sorry for the rant, but seeing the break out age/draft position stats being thrown out as though they should be definitive qualifiers of players above any and all other evidence just drives me nuts. I’ll go get my straight jacket back on and head back to my rubber room now. Thanks for letting me rant and rave.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 am

Ice wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Shenault, the 9th receiver drafted, went less than a full round after the first wide receiver taken and I think the general thought was that Ruggs was a reach where they took him. I’m not sure the specific order in which they were taken is all that relevant.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:07 am

So will Desean Jackson get released? This would mean Reagor would start almost immediately.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:07 am So will Desean Jackson get released? This would mean Reagor would start almost immediately.
I would think he already would have been cut if they were going to cut him. No guarantees he stays around though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:27 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:07 am So will Desean Jackson get released? This would mean Reagor would start almost immediately.
I would think he already would have been cut if they were going to cut him. No guarantees he stays around though.
I think had they not kept Riley Cooper, he'd be gone for sure. They are still reviewing it. Probably deciding which will do more damage. Keeping him, or cutting him and getting push back for not cutting Cooper and cutting D Jax. I think he will be suspended at the least.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick