Ke'Shawn Vaughn?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Ke'Shawn Vaughn?

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:22 am

Kelldon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm I think Shady could be a threat to Vaughn because of Brady. Brady expects an lot from teammates and has to have confidence that he can count on them to do their assignment especially when it comes to protecting him. Shady is a veteran player with more experience at pass protection and prolly have an easier time picking up the offense.

Also with Vaughn testing positive for Covid-19 and the shortened offseason and no preseason he is missing significant time with the offense. I don't expect much out of Vaughn this season.
Reid was quoted as saying that Shady had his snaps limited due to issues with pass protection (he also had ball security issues), so not sure that’s a bet I’d like to make.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:34 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:22 am
Kelldon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm I think Shady could be a threat to Vaughn because of Brady. Brady expects an lot from teammates and has to have confidence that he can count on them to do their assignment especially when it comes to protecting him. Shady is a veteran player with more experience at pass protection and prolly have an easier time picking up the offense.

Also with Vaughn testing positive for Covid-19 and the shortened offseason and no preseason he is missing significant time with the offense. I don't expect much out of Vaughn this season.
Reid was quoted as saying that Shady had his snaps limited due to issues with pass protection (he also had ball security issues), so not sure that’s a bet I’d like to make.
Brady doesn't hold onto the ball as long a Mahomes does, If shady can just make a quick block, Brady will have the ball out already, mahomes makes most of his magic outside the pocket.

With that said, I still want nothing to do with that train wreck of a backfield.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Yeah I want no part of this backfield. Vaughn has been over drafted in many leagues because of landing spot. Had Vaughn been drafted by Detroit he would prolly be a early-mid 3rd round pick if not later instead of early 2nd in many leagues.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Kelldon wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:30 pm Yeah I want no part of this backfield. Vaughn has been over drafted in many leagues because of landing spot. Had Vaughn been drafted by Detroit he would prolly be a early-mid 3rd round pick if not later instead of early 2nd in many leagues.
Well, the Detroit landing spot knocked the guy that was the 1.01 going in down to the 1.05, so not sure that’s a fair comparison.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:21 am

Kelldon wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:30 pm Yeah I want no part of this backfield. Vaughn has been over drafted in many leagues because of landing spot. Had Vaughn been drafted by Detroit he would prolly be a early-mid 3rd round pick if not later instead of early 2nd in many leagues.
Bingo
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:38 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Well, the Detroit landing spot knocked the guy that was the 1.01 going in down to the 1.05, so not sure that’s a fair comparison.
There were no consensus that Swift was the 1.01, especially after the combine. I know many who never had him there at all. Swift fell a couple of spots IMO. I had him around RB 4 post combine, and 1.03 pre combine.

I agree Vaughn was overdrafted, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:38 am
There were no consensus that Swift was the 1.01, especially after the combine. I know many who never had him there at all. Swift fell a couple of spots IMO. I had him around RB 4 post combine, and 1.03 pre combine.

It’s not about consensus. He was the 1.01, sometimes 1.02 behind Taylor, in most ADP and aggregate rankings that I saw prior to the draft. Now he’s between 1.04 and 1.06.

K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:16 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:39 am

It’s not about consensus. He was the 1.01, sometimes 1.02 behind Taylor, in most ADP and aggregate rankings that I saw prior to the draft. Now he’s between 1.04 and 1.06.
I will say there were a ton of people that had Swift 1.01 here but that was pre combine mostly. I thought most people flipped to JT after combine and Dobbins was also in the mix heavily

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:16 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:39 am

I will say there were a ton of people that had Swift 1.01 here but that was pre combine mostly. I thought most people flipped to JT after combine and Dobbins was also in the mix heavily
OK, fair, but he wasn't the 1.01 up until he went to Detroit, as suggested.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick