Ke'Shawn Vaughn?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Ke'Shawn Vaughn?

Postby mullmania » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:02 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 am I think the investment to get Rojo is low enough that he is who I would be targeting from this backfield. He has the draft capital, he's still younger than Vaughn, and he is far more dynamic. I think people thinking Vaughn is going to take the job from him is rookie fever at its best. I much rather draft AJ Dillion who has better draft capital and projects better as a starter than Vaughn.
Agree on Rojo.

I could be totally speculating but assuming Tampa comes togther and is a good team. If they have late game leads maybe they want a vet McCoy back there to close out games as opposed to a rookie and an option to not over work Jones.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:50 am

I think the Shady signing hurts Vaughn more than it does Rojo.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:40 am

I don't like it for anyone in the backfield. McCoy should take touches away from both Rojo and Vaughn. He's not young, but he seems to get 100+ carries still each year, which isn't ideal when you're hoping that the younger guys get enough carries themselves.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:18 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:40 am I don't like it for anyone in the backfield. McCoy should take touches away from both Rojo and Vaughn. He's not young, but he seems to get 100+ carries still each year, which isn't ideal when you're hoping that the younger guys get enough carries themselves.
Agreed.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Another reason why I passed on Vaughn time and time again and chuckled at those drafting him around the 1.10.

Vastly overrated and people are clamoring for his landing spot.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:05 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:40 am I don't like it for anyone in the backfield. McCoy should take touches away from both Rojo and Vaughn. He's not young, but he seems to get 100+ carries still each year, which isn't ideal when you're hoping that the younger guys get enough carries themselves.
The same McCoy that was inactive for the Super Bowl and had exactly 1 carry last postseason? I don't think McCoy is a threat to RoJo or Vaughn. All it does it make an already unattractive backfield even uglier.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:35 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:05 pm
The same McCoy that was inactive for the Super Bowl and had exactly 1 carry last postseason? I don't think McCoy is a threat to RoJo or Vaughn. All it does it make an already unattractive backfield even uglier.
LeSean McCoy was the most efficient RB on KC last year in terms of YPC, YPT. Had a 6.9% break away run rate (#5 in the NFL)... He also had the luxury of choosing his next team.

I would be hesitant to say he's toast just because he wasn't used much toward the end of the season.

He could've just as easily gotten into Reid's doghouse for any number of reasons, from fumbling issues to poor pass protection (especially after Mahomes popped out his knee cap in week 7), etc.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm

He was also out with an illness for the AFC Championship, so its entirely possible that he wasn’t back up to 100% for the Superbowl and the team needed depth elsewhere. The Divisional playoff results were more questionable, but with Houston going up big early, it could be that McCoy was simply viewed as an early down back when Williams was healthy.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 am

I miss his mid 1st ADP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:48 pm

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:48 pm Arians stating Rojo is the guy.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bruce-arians-r ... s-bucs-rb1
If you're a Rojo fan, hearing Arians refer to everyone except Jones as "those other guys" should be encouraging. I still don't believe in Jones though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:56 pm

If you're a Rojo fan, hearing Arians refer to everyone except Jones as "those other guys" should be encouraging. I still don't believe in Jones though.
Neither do I, but a lot of Vaughn's draft stock in Fantasy was due to a perceived major role early, and that isn't looking too good.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:54 pm

Brinmonkey wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 am I miss his mid 1st ADP
Lol for real. Loved him pushing down WRs

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 am

Fully expected. I still feel it's RoJos job initially and likely a timeshare over the long term. I still don't get buying Vaughn at 1st round prices when I probaby can't get a 2nd for RoJo.

Neither are really a RB I'm super high on, but if I have to pick one now give me RoJo with a bit of incumbency and a cheaper price.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm

I think Shady could be a threat to Vaughn because of Brady. Brady expects an lot from teammates and has to have confidence that he can count on them to do their assignment especially when it comes to protecting him. Shady is a veteran player with more experience at pass protection and prolly have an easier time picking up the offense.

Also with Vaughn testing positive for Covid-19 and the shortened offseason and no preseason he is missing significant time with the offense. I don't expect much out of Vaughn this season.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker