General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Worst Rostered Player

Postby ThunderTung » Wed May 27, 2020 7:57 pm

Hankybro21 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:26 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 pm
Hankybro21 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:53 pm Post cuts. Team 1, Anthony Miller. Team 2, Parris Campbell.

I'm gonna have to figure out some way to hold them both, especially Parris (Colts fan), b/c I can't bring myself to drop either just yet. Too much upside with both, especially Parris for me
get rid of issabella, or ab. Ari wr room is pretty full, and he still has to beat out butler. and who knows if AB is ever gonna play again
Yea Isabella and AB are going. I need to make 8 cuts. I already factored in those two, and 5 others, into the comment. So Parris would be next man up if I can't swing something
I'd cut hollister, darwin, butler, isabella, Preston, AB, and i know its SF but these options are pretty bad, id consider cutting Grier, and Rosen as well, at least before Paris. If you gotta keep em, worst case scenario you can try and trade campbell to a team thats in need of some young wr as oppose to out right cutting him
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 pm

For teams 1 & 2, I’ll need to taxi two rookies in each and then cut four others. After that, it’s highly likely that it will be Justin Watson for both squads. When it comes to scouting, I lean much more heavily towards metrics/analytics vs. watching YouTube. Matt Kelley’s and JJ Zachariason’s are the only two FF podcasts I listen to religiously. That pretty much explains my enthusiasm for Watson. It also doesn’t hurt that Perriman is gone, they didn’t draft a WR of any consequence and Tom Brady has made a habit of turning white slot WRs into stars. Both leagues also require that you carry two 1st- or 2nd-year players on your active roster, so last year it was easier to justify him on the end of my bench. I need to see something substantial from him this year or he’s getting future endeavored.

For Team 3, it breaks my heart to say it, but it’s looking like Justice Hill. He’s hardly even the “worst” player on my team from a talent perspective, but that Baltimore backfield is as crowded as they come. I’m not the type of guy who actively roots for injuries, so my best hope is that Ingram just hits the wall at age 30 and Dobbins is slow to pick up the playbook due to a shortened offseason. At that point, if he can’t beat out a one-dimensional plodder like Edwards, maybe he’s just not the player I thought he was.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:46 pm
moishetreats wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 am Mo Alie-Cox.

I'm continually seduced by his profile, his play in limited opportunities, and the now-obsolete-notion that Indy is a TE paradise. I just. Can't. Quit. Him.
Haven't heard of many people that like Cox as much as you
Cheap joke. But it made me laugh!! :D :lol:
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:48 am

This is going to be so league dependent..

We haven't had the cut-downs before the draft yet, and with IDP we roster about 500 players, guessing 300-350 are offense.

Not counting the IDP guys I have:

Bo Scarbrough
Kendrick Bourne
Keke Coutee
Tim Patrick
Equanimeous St. Brown
Auden Tate
Justin Watson
Jacob Hollister

I guessing they all get cut before the draft

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu May 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Not including taxi players or my kicker, I would say it is probably Bernard (have him because I own Mixon), but will cut him if Mixon gets signed.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu May 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Ignoring rookies, guys I might cut if I need space across my leagues- Martavis Bryant, Marcus Johnson, Darwin Thompson, Josh Gordon, Kahale Warring, Jay Ajayi, Keelan Cole.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 pm
Pew Dogs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:12 pm Ignoring rookies, 2nd year players, and likely cuts when rosters cut down... Ian Thomas. Then Gallup
Gallup??? Please tell me you’re joking.
Team 1 in sig... very young. I have a lot of 2nd year guys and rookies. If I included 2nd year guys likely to make my roster cut down my worst would be Henderson... maybe Warring but he might be cut. Not ready to give up on Isabella or JJAW yet
Ok. With those caveats I hear you. Of course, if you look at my four sig teams you’ll see that I’m “the Gallup guy” a lot.

This may sound like a stretch but I think that if Dallas knew they’d be landing Lamb they might have let Cooper walk. If I was a betting man (and I am) and if I could get good odds I’d take a bet that Gallup outscores the other two this year and then they have a big decision to make. I know that I’m going over a cliff here, but he reminds me of a young Antonio Brown (don’t hate).

One thing to remember is that last year was basically his rookie season. You have to give him a pass on his first year because his brother committed suicide just as the season was in full swing. His head (and heart) had to have been elsewhere. His only negative is a tendency to have drops, but not too badly. Anyway, if he’s your worst guy, cheers to you!
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Pew Dogs wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 pm
Pew Dogs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Gallup??? Please tell me you’re joking.
Team 1 in sig... very young. I have a lot of 2nd year guys and rookies. If I included 2nd year guys likely to make my roster cut down my worst would be Henderson... maybe Warring but he might be cut. Not ready to give up on Isabella or JJAW yet
Ok. With those caveats I hear you. Of course, if you look at my four sig teams you’ll see that I’m “the Gallup guy” a lot.

This may sound like a stretch but I think that if Dallas knew they’d be landing Lamb they might have let Cooper walk. If I was a betting man (and I am) and if I could get good odds I’d take a bet that Gallup outscores the other two this year and then they have a big decision to make. I know that I’m going over a cliff here, but he reminds me of a young Antonio Brown (don’t hate).

One thing to remember is that last year was basically his rookie season. You have to give him a pass on his first year because his brother committed suicide just as the season was in full swing. His head (and heart) had to have been elsewhere. His only negative is a tendency to have drops, but not too badly. Anyway, if he’s your worst guy, cheers to you!
I have a feeling Gallup will be traded soon, or they'll ride the 3 of them out for the next 2 years when they can get rid of cooper with a low-ish dead cap hit
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:11 pm

I have a feeling Gallup will be traded soon, or they'll ride the 3 of them out for the next 2 years when they can get rid of cooper with a low-ish dead cap hit
This is my take as well. I wonder how Gallup’s value would be affected if he was moved to the Jets.
Would it return to pre-Lamb value of a late 1st?

Darnold has faults but he has a gunslinger risk-taking mentality and the arm to unload it downfield.
But then there’s Gase...

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm

This is my take as well. I wonder how Gallup’s value would be affected if he was moved to the Jets.

Darnold has faults but he has a gunslinger risk-taking mentality and the arm to unload it downfield.
But then there’s Gase...
Really hard to say, people are gonna value the pieces around him in DAL alot higher than NY, but there's alot of opportunity in NY and he'd instantly be their most talented weapon. I think he'd be a hard buy before we see anything, those that are selling i think would have to take a little less to move him. Definitely a tricky situation though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm

But then there’s Gase...
Really hard to say, people are gonna value the pieces around him in DAL alot higher than NY, but there's alot of opportunity in NY and he'd instantly be their most talented weapon. I think he'd be a hard buy before we see anything, those that are selling i think would have to take a little less to move him. Definitely a tricky situation though
Where else would be possible trade spots looking for a WR?

Miami maybe? Though I don’t see what they have that the Cowboys would want.

Perhaps Minnesota with Anthony Harris involved? They spent good capital on Jefferson, but he projects as a slot and Thielen—while a great player—is not someone you ideally want as your X receiver.

Can’t imagine the Cowboys trading him to Green Bay

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Why trade him? Gallup and Lamb on the outside with Cooper in the slot on three wide sets. They ran Cobb out for nearly 65% of snaps. With Witten moving on, it’s a great opportunity to go three wide even more. I think having those three guys as options would be a good fit for Dak as well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:57 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Why trade him? Gallup and Lamb on the outside with Cooper in the slot on three wide sets. They ran Cobb out for nearly 65% of snaps. With Witten moving on, it’s a great opportunity to go three wide even more. I think having those three guys as options would be a good fit for Dak as well.
Seems like everyone who talks about DAL getting rid of 1 of these guys just wants their players to be more valuable. I don't see a reason why all 3 can't get theirs... Maybe not Lamb right away but talent finds a way

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 28, 2020 5:00 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm

But then there’s Gase...
Where else would be possible trade spots looking for a WR?

Miami maybe? Though I don’t see what they have that the Cowboys would want.

Perhaps Minnesota with Anthony Harris involved? They spent good capital on Jefferson, but he projects as a slot and Thielen—while a great player—is not someone you ideally want as your X receiver.

Can’t imagine the Cowboys trading him to Green Bay
Philly if they didnt hate eachother, Houston, Baltimore, Chicago, maybe Nola. just to name a few Wr needy teams, no idea what the compensation would be. Obviously New York would make the most sense since they cant seem to lock a deal down with adams
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 28, 2020 5:11 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Well of course its ideal, but if Lamb ends up hitting, you'd have 3 WR capable of being a wr1 in the NFL and that has disaster written all over it (WR are greedy, especially when they're super talented) Sure you could just drop Cooper in 2 years and have a crazy wr corps until then, but you'd have to pay Gallup as soon as cooper left and you'd be in the same position just down a wr asset. Why not trade Gallup now to get a guy like adams from NY when you still have Cooper and a potential star in Lamb. You can ride out Coopers contract and fill a position of need as oppose to over saturating your WR's. Only reason im not saying Cooper is because he has too much dead money right now if he was traded/cut
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig