Free Article: Make Fantasy Fun Again

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Free Article: Make Fantasy Fun Again

Postby dlf_jeffh » Tue May 26, 2020 7:57 am

Good morning DLF'ers:

Just wanted to mention I just posted a FREE fun article, a departure from the normal strategic content we provide, that chronicles my journey with the enjoyment of the game and how I was able to recapture the enthusiasm. It's visible to all.

Hope you enjoy it.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2020/ ... fun-again/
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Free Article: Make Fantasy Fun Again

Postby dynastyninja » Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am

Best thing I ever did was consolidate my leagues. Only at one now, though I may try another.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Thanks for the article! I enjoyed it. I have sort of the opposite issue. I'm still interested in fantasy from a statistics and prediction and trying to beat my league mates perspective. I find that I just don't care about watching football any more though! Its a combination of a ton of factors but while I regularly check in on my fantasy teams and stuff I rarely watch any football these days. Maybe 2 or 3 games a year plus the super bowl. But I don't play in a ton of fantasy leagues anymore either just 1 dynasty and depending on the year 2 or 3 redraft. When I cut back from like 10 leagues it made everything more fun - the rooting for and against yourself simultaneously thing is a real bummer.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 26, 2020 6:25 pm

I have so many leagues that I no longer keep my laptop open and watch the scores. I just watch my Niners and root for them every Sunday. Since I started doing this, fantasy has become more enjoyable.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 26, 2020 7:42 pm

I'm down to two leagues, but I wish I had one that had all the goodies of both. One has great rules and a busy off season with a free agent auction, rookie draft and salary caps/contracts. The other has an early draft and a whole bunch of very prominent and active DLF forum members and a lively GroupMe chat.