Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:28 pm

I actually love Chuba and think he ends up the best of this group, easily top 10. Those who think he only hits homeruns and is super linear I don’t think have actually have watched him. Watch more than just his highlights. His lack of pass catching is a concern but he just seems to profile as someone who should be able to catch it. He did catch 2 passes a game last year.

With all due respect, having Tutu Atwell, Sage Surrat and Damonte Coxie ahead of Chuba is a stretch.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:28 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:43 pm
dark_knite03 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:23 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:47 pm For 1 QB (or my 8 Team SF which is basically 1QB):

1. Chase
2. Etienne
3. Bateman
4. Najee
5. Waddle (he would be 3 if healthy)
6. Rondale Moore
7. Lawrence
8. Journey Brown
9. Devonta Smith
10. Justin Fields
11. Kyle Pitts
12. Kenneth Gainwell
13. Chris Olave
14. Justyn Ross
15. Trey Lance
16. Terrace Marshall
17. Sage Surratt
18. Amon Ra St Brown
19. Tutu Atwell
20. Tarmarrion Terry
21. Damonte Coxie
22 Pat Freiermuth
23.Tylan Wallace
24.Zach Wilson
25. Brevin Jordan

I want no RB but the top 4

Others in consideration would be Kylie Hill pending being a malcontent, Kyle Trask, Jamie Newman, Brock Purdy, Charleston Rambo and Dazz Newsome

Seth Williams is someone else I have zero interest in
No Chuba Hubbard? Curious to your reason
In a vacuum he's probably around 16 or so. Just see that in reality there's no way I will end up with him with that kind of valuation and I don't really want him at the price tag he will carry. If he somehow fell to me I'd look to trade.

I see a linear runner with poor contact balance, questions in the passing game (seen in most RBs--especially blocking--but not like him) and then throw in a bad conference and a heavy workload without an ideally built frame for having handled it and I'll look for a WR in there and slot him below the top 4 RBs
I agree on Hubbard, stat lines don't look bad but watching his games I just don't see a game breaker at all, I'm not a huge Etienne fan but I see the upside there. I'd also leave Waddle at 3, I've seen enough from him although I love the idea that he may fall to me in the draft now with a late 1st if others rise above him.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:21 pm So what about Max Borghi?
An interesting player--especially with the right landing spot--should've put him in "others to watch" but I need to see him in PAC 12 play before moving him up

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Trevor Lawrence just tested positive for COVID-19 and won’t be playing this weekend.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:24 pm Trevor Lawrence just tested positive for COVID-19 and won’t be playing this weekend.
Yep. He should probably pull out of the season. Nothing left to prove at this point, and he's won a title.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:45 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:24 pm Trevor Lawrence just tested positive for COVID-19 and won’t be playing this weekend.
Yep. He should probably pull out of the season. Nothing left to prove at this point, and he's won a title.
Yup start getting ready for his HOF Jets career.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:14 am

Nanananananana wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:45 pm
Yup start getting ready for his HOF Jets career.
Nah, he should pull out of that, too. Refuse to play, let them know ahead of time so they can trade the pick.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:59 pm

I feel for these kids. Pushed into playing football for no money during a pandemic and taking on all the risk and none of the reward.

Trevor has nothing to prove. He's already won a national title. He's already the best QB in CFB. If I were him or any other player projected to be a 1st round pick, I wouldn't even have laced up this season.

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Kenny Gainwell at 12? I guess it depends on his landing spot but I really like the kid.

Also I love Justyn Ross, I can't believe he's put the pads on already.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:59 pm
I feel for these kids. Pushed into playing football for no money during a pandemic and taking on all the risk and none of the reward.

Trevor has nothing to prove. He's already won a national title. He's already the best QB in CFB. If I were him or any other player projected to be a 1st round pick, I wouldn't even have laced up this season.
What? Trevor Lawrence pushed them into playing, or was trying to. He was trying to influence others into playing, including the NCAA/ACC. Trevor made the choice on his own, and advocated for a season, trying to use his star power as a prospect to ensure the games were played. Lawrence was fully aware of the risks, and was insistent on the season being played. It sucks he got sick, but he's no victim.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:07 pm

What? Trevor Lawrence pushed them into playing, or was trying to. He was trying to influence others into playing, including the NCAA/ACC. Trevor made the choice on his own, and advocated for a season, trying to use his star power as a prospect to ensure the games were played. Lawrence was fully aware of the risks, and was insistent on the season being played. It sucks he got sick, but he's no victim.
Him and Fields were the two biggest voices pushing to play CFB this year, neither of whom needed CFB this year and both could have easily just skipped the season and still been top 5 picks if not go 1 and 2 overall.

As the owner of both in my SF Devy league I wish they had declared, but wanting so badly to play is part of what makes both of them so great.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:50 pm

My guess is there were a lot of people behind the scenes who pushed Trevor, since he is the face of college football this season. I don't doubt he wanted to play, but they gave him more than a few nudges forward

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Minnesota RB Mohamed Ibrahim off to a strong start to the season.

26/140/2 Rushing last week vs Michigan

30/176/4 tonight vs Maryland, still 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:22 pm

TD41 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:05 pm Kenny Gainwell at 12? I guess it depends on his landing spot but I really like the kid.

Also I love Justyn Ross, I can't believe he's put the pads on already.
You think 12 is a bit low?

I think he's electric but the frame is a bit small

I also think he has a better chance than one of the top 3 to be drafted as a lightning to someone else's thunder rather than a true workhorse

And yeah--Ross is someone who could shoot up.

He was around 5 or so pre injury

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:50 pm

My guess is there were a lot of people behind the scenes who pushed Trevor, since he is the face of college football this season. I don't doubt he wanted to play, but they gave him more than a few nudges forward
That's all it is, though. A guess. I personally don't think Lawrence would have done anything he didn't want to do. He could have opted out and been the 1.01. The known reality is Trevor wanted to play, pushed for a season, and isn't a victim of the NCAA. Nor are the players. They had an opt out to continue their (in many cases free) education, and not lose a year of eligibility, to my knowledge.