Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:28 am

Jermar Jefferson and Javonte Williams are 2 guys I'm intrigued by at RB. Jefferson just went nuts in an upset win over Oregon, and he appears to have size to be an every down back at 5'10 214.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

boochluke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby boochluke » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:57 am

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:09 am
sounds like Fields in 1QB and TLaw in SF.
My mindset going into next year's draft has been to target Fields with the hope of getting a similar player to Lawrence at less of a premium, so the way you laid this out intrigues me.

Could you explain the logic for this? I am relatively new to Dynasty and only play 1Qb right now.

I'm not disagreeing or arguing, I'm genuinely asking.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:49 am

briank wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:39 am
I see what you're saying about fields, but Lawrence is so much safer and still has just as much upside. Maybe Fields in redraft next year, but Lawrence all day in dynasty.

Pitts at 1.03 instead of trading that pick now for.... any TE++ doesn't seem wise
I generally think in 1 QB you want all upside as the front QBs don't give you much advantage. SF, you can use those fringe guys and sometimes prefer the safer option.

Do you feel Fields has more upside than Lawrence?

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 am

briank wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:39 am
I see what you're saying about fields, but Lawrence is so much safer and still has just as much upside. Maybe Fields in redraft next year, but Lawrence all day in dynasty.

Pitts at 1.03 instead of trading that pick now for.... any TE++ doesn't seem wise
1QB/SF wont chance my rankings on these QB. Maybe if you take into account draft capital. I'd rather Fields if he goes a round or so later in 1QB.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am

boochluke wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:57 am
My mindset going into next year's draft has been to target Fields with the hope of getting a similar player to Lawrence at less of a premium, so the way you laid this out intrigues me.

Could you explain the logic for this? I am relatively new to Dynasty and only play 1Qb right now.

what jigga said. replacement level in 1QB is so much higher and the investment so much lower so you can gamble on hitting that top 3-5 upside. It is the same way prior to this season I would have said Mahomes QB1 in Superflex but more ok with Lamar in 1QB.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 pm

boochluke wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:57 am

1qb all you really care about is upside because if a guy isn't a top 3-5 QB then he's just in a pile of 20 similar guys. If he falls flat you can just grab one of those other guys for cheap and replace him easily.

In Superflex you want guys that you can rely on as long term starters. QBs are harder to find and you always want one starting in your SF spot so a guy that is locked in long term is worth a lot even if he's not a top 3 scorer.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Trevor Lawrence is still the #1 QB in the class regardless of format. Fields may have a slightly higher ceiling as a rusher, but Lawrence is absolutely no slouch in that department himself and is going to score fair amount of fantasy points on the ground especially near the goalline.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:41 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 pm As the owner of the likely 2021 1.03 I couldn't be less thrilled in a standard PPR league. After ETN and Chase, the next prospect I'm excited about is Pitts. I want nothing to do with Waddle or Rondale Moore or Devonta Smith with a high first round pick. Bateman I'm interested in, but is he a high 1st worthy pick?

Regarding some of the QBs, shouldn't Justin Fields be the top ranked fantasy QB? Had recent history taught us nothing? The athletic QBs with solid passing ability and strong arms are fantasy gold. If they can actually develop into a quality passer, they'll be a true stud. Lawrence is mobile, but not to the extent Fields is.
:shock:

You want no part of some of the better WR's we've seen in college in recent years, and yet you're excited to take a rookie TE? And you're saying your league is standard, non-TE boosted?

That's a weird take, mango.
Not really - Moore, Smith and Waddle are tiny, 2 already with fairly significant injuries in college.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:39 pm

Zach Wilson was cute while it lasted

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:10 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:28 pm Trevor Lawrence is still the #1 QB in the class regardless of format. Fields may have a slightly higher ceiling as a rusher, but Lawrence is absolutely no slouch in that department himself and is going to score fair amount of fantasy points on the ground especially near the goalline.
Agreed. He's got the higher upside still

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:40 am

So it’s seeming like Etienne, Hubbard and Harris are the only RBs generating any excitement and amidst that Etienne looks like an early candidate for his own tier landing spot not withstanding.

If I’m looking at WR tiers it still seems like Chase is in his own tier with maybe guys like Smith and Batemen right behind. This size of a lot of these good receivers is a little disconcerting too. Was talking to my other ravens fan friend about Devonta Smith and thinking if he could be a guy for the ravens mid to late first but then we have two sub 180 WRs lol
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:13 am

I went to look up Terrance Marshall's stats against Alabama, then realized he opted out. I am not buying the Covid excuse, it seems more likely they do not want to put out bad or average college tape. I believe these players will be negatively impacted during the draft too.

Ja'Marr Chase - I assume he will still be drafted high in NFL 1st round
Terrace Marshall - I think he hurt his stock a lot
Rashod Bateman - first round NFL draft pick? perhaps.
Kenneth Gainwell and Kylin Hill.

Although, not opt outs, but I would have questions about Jaylen Waddle and Rondale Moore too. Waddle hasn't had a complete college season with top production and Moore looks like a gadget player. I think the NFL 1st round draft is going to be devoid of RB and WR this year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 am

Mike11 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:40 am So it’s seeming like Etienne, Hubbard and Harris are the only RBs generating any excitement and amidst that Etienne looks like an early candidate for his own tier landing spot not withstanding.

If I’m looking at WR tiers it still seems like Chase is in his own tier with maybe guys like Smith and Batemen right behind. This size of a lot of these good receivers is a little disconcerting too. Was talking to my other ravens fan friend about Devonta Smith and thinking if he could be a guy for the ravens mid to late first but then we have two sub 180 WRs lol
Yeah for me, the RBs are Etienne, Harris, and then the rest. Not an impressive RB group, but there's always surprises.

This is definitely a WR/QB draft.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:01 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 am
Mike11 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:40 am So it’s seeming like Etienne, Hubbard and Harris are the only RBs generating any excitement and amidst that Etienne looks like an early candidate for his own tier landing spot not withstanding.

Yeah for me, the RBs are Etienne, Harris, and then the rest. Not an impressive RB group, but there's always surprises.

This is definitely a WR/QB draft.
Who would you compare Etienne and Najee to?
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

boochluke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby boochluke » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:00 am

I will be very interested to see Kenneth Gainwell at the combine, especially his weigh-in.
Team 1
10 team 1QB, PPR, shallow roster
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX
QB: Josh Allen, Trey Lance
RB: Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, Javonte, Damien Harris
WR: DJM, Lamb, Higgins, Chase, Waddle, Eli Moore
TE: Pitts

Team 2
10 team 1QB, .5TEP, IDP, PPR deep roster
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1LB, 1DB, 1idpFLEX
QB: Dak, Darnold
RB: JT, Mixon, Gibson, Javonte, Pollard, Mattison, Eli Mitchell, Penny
WR: AJB, Aiyuk, Woods, Sutton, D Smith, Eli Moore, Terrace M, Mooney, Mims, Toney, Gabe Davis, Nico Collins, Amon-Ra
TE: Goedert, Kmet, Trautman
LB: Tremaine Edmunds, Deion Jones, Jamin Davis
DB: Derwin James, Jabrill Peppers[/size]