Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Who is your "guy" for this upcoming rookie class?

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:29 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:44 am
If im drafting a TE that's kind of what im expecting. Rookie TE's very rarely breakout, part of the reason why I won't be using my first round capital on Pitts
The ones you want almost always show you something in year 1, though.

Very rarely do you see meaningful fantasy TEs go the Jared Cook, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker path.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:29 pm
If im drafting a TE that's kind of what im expecting. Rookie TE's very rarely breakout, part of the reason why I won't be using my first round capital on Pitts

Very rarely do you see meaningful fantasy TEs go the Jared Cook, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker path.
I guess I expect him to go later in my drafts than you do and see a Delainie Walker guy as pretty relevant (and Greg Olsen was definitely relevant)

Especially when they were young and could have been flipped as a future elite option

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:12 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm

I guess I expect him to go later in my drafts than you do and see a Delainie Walker guy as pretty relevant (and Greg Olsen was definitely relevant)

Especially when they were young and could have been flipped as a future elite option
Key point here is that all of these guys were available for pennies on the dollar before they broke out. Based on my drafts he's going as the TE2.. which is way too rich for me.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:12 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Key point here is that all of these guys were available for pennies on the dollar before they broke out. Based on my drafts he's going as the TE2.. which is way too rich for me.
I am not doubting this but do you have any kind of source?

I feel like "TEs can be had for pennies after their first season or two" really overestimates how reactionary the owners who drafted them

I seem to recall Kittle and Andrews being super hyped before their breakout seasons. Waller had a little but he was an outlier with his late start

Just for this year I doubt anyone is selling a guy like Trautman for less than they paid for him after Cook was shown the door

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Yea I don’t think pitts price goes down before year 3. Jeudy hasn’t had his price drop, so it all depends on your leaguemates but I doubt anyone’s going to give up on Pitts so fast.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:26 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:20 pm I am not doubting this but do you have any kind of source?

I feel like "TEs can be had for pennies after their first season or two" really overestimates how reactionary the owners who drafted them

I seem to recall Kittle and Andrews being super hyped before their breakout seasons. Waller had a little but he was an outlier with his late start

Just for this year I doubt anyone is selling a guy like Trautman for less than they paid for him after Cook was shown the door
Kittle and Andrews were one of 11 TEs since 2000 to put up 500 yards receiving their rookie years (at the time) and were entering a talent void landscape of receiving competition.

They would've been one of those TEs that 'showed something in year 1' that I alluded to earlier.

I didn't play dynasty back then, but Olsen had some hype in redraft leagues entering his year 3 season; but Delanie Walker had 0 until he broke out in TEN -- he was a return man for SF locked behind Vernon Davis throughout his entire rookie contract.
Last edited by Sriracha on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:28 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:26 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:20 pm I am not doubting this but do you have any kind of source?

Kittle and Andrews were one of 10 TEs since 2000 to put up 500 yards receiving their rookie years and were entering a talent void landscape of receiving competition.

They would've been one of those TEs that 'showed something in year 1' that I alluded to earlier.

I didn't play dynasty back then, but Olsen had some hype in redraft leagues entering his year 3 season; but Delanie Walker had 0 until he broke out in TEN (he was a return man for SF, locked behind Vernon Davis.
Walker was a 6th round pick. I am not sure Brevin Jordan unless he pulled an Ebron would be so slept on

And I guess I see a higher ceiling for him with his YAC ability than you do

In another draft class I think he'd be getting far more hype but Pitts prices him down to my range

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:28 pm
Walker was a 6th round pick. I am not sure Brevin Jordan unless he pulled an Ebron would be so slept on

And I guess I see a higher ceiling for him with his YAC ability than you do

In another draft class I think he'd be getting far more hype but Pitts prices him down to my range
Jonnu is one of the best YAC TEs in the NFL; That's one of the key reasons that BB acquired him in FA this off-season.

I like these kind of guys and will be willing to take a swing on them in the 3rd round in TE premium leagues, but only in deeper leagues depending on roster spots and Taxi squads.

I also really, really like Tommy Tremble and might prefer him as a TE talent straight up.. but he's going so late in drafts you could probably pick him up as a FA.

If you were to tell me that Hunter Long, Kenny Yeboah or Tre McKitty were better receiving TEs than Jordan 3 years from now I wouldn't be all that surprised which is why I'm probably lower on Brevin Jordan than you. There's so much ambiguity in how these TEs transition to the NFL that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to value a non Pitts level prospect all that much higher than these guys.

Kittle went in the 5th round and Mark Andrews wasn't even the first TE taken by his own NFL team.

Maybe Jordan won't be cheaper down the line, but it's also more likely than not that he never becomes a fantasy relevant TE.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby murphysxm » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:58 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:00 am Rondale Moore ran a sub 4.3 with a 42 inch vert

Measured at 5'7 though, but good lord.
This kid is a great story. I will be drafting him in most leagues in the 2nd round. Probably the most athletic 5'7 kid on planet earth.
If you wait till the second round you won't get him in any league. Not disagreeing that is where I would take him, he is just not going to last.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:58 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:00 am Rondale Moore ran a sub 4.3 with a 42 inch vert

Measured at 5'7 though, but good lord.
This kid is a great story. I will be drafting him in most leagues in the 2nd round. Probably the most athletic 5'7 kid on planet earth.
If you wait till the second round you won't get him in any league. Not disagreeing that is where I would take him, he is just not going to last.
SF leagues he def could be an early 2nd rounder
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:59 pm

In deep/SF leagues, any QBs of note? Seeing mentions of Kellen Mond and Davis Mills.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:39 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:59 pm In deep/SF leagues, any QBs of note? Seeing mentions of Kellen Mond and Davis Mills.
Good question. I'm in a 32 team, single copy league. Annual 4 round rookie draft. QB, RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, DB and kickers are all included.
Other names that I'm aware of at them moment: Ian Book, Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:59 pm In deep/SF leagues, any QBs of note? Seeing mentions of Kellen Mond and Davis Mills.
I'd definitely take a flyer on Mond or Trask in the late-second or third.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:01 am

If the draft goes:

Lawrence to the Jags
Wilson to the Jets
Fields to the 49ers

What order are you drafting them?

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:15 am

Nanananananana wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:01 am If the draft goes:

Lawrence to the Jags
Wilson to the Jets
Fields to the 49ers

What order are you drafting them?
Great question and that’s tough.

For me, Lawrence would still be #1 and Fields wouldn’t be far behind at #2. Wilson right behind that at #3. Good group of qbs coming through. Lawrence is safe with upside. Fields would have all the weapons and good coaching. Wilson seems boom or bust and if he hits he will take over nfl similar to Mahomes and Allen. Not sure I am ready to jump on board the train however.