Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who is your "guy" for this upcoming rookie class?

Postby esloan35 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:09 pm

mgscott wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:49 pm I have a feeling I am going to have a lot of Terrace Marshall Jr shares
I like this call. I just hope he can somewhat go under the radar.
Early 2nd, maybe.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Najee for me

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:15 am

Looks like Borghi isn't coming out this year, probably a smart move for him, but was really excited about the thought that I could snag him in the late 2nd early 3rd this year lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

ktat72
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ktat72 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 am

Who is a QB outside of Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson , Trask, and Jones in this draft that you like?

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:46 am

ktat72 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 am Who is a QB outside of Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson , Trask, and Jones in this draft that you like?
Mond, Ehlinger, Newman

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:55 am

Dragon_Breath5 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 pm
dustyroads wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 am

Jermar Jefferson - RB - Ducks : Probably my 4th back behind the big 3, and one of the only other ones who intrigues me so far. Powerful back but also the speed to break away. Easier competition sure, but I don't hear/see nearly enough about him for how I think he's performed from what I've watched so far.

I love me some Jermar too, but he was an Oregon State Beaver. He torched the Ducks this year so you can call him a Ducky Daddy, but he's not a duck.
Thanks, good catch! College football pretty much only exists in my world through a lens of dynasty haha.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:49 am

Najee Harris. He was my RB2/3 last year before he opted out of the draft in favor of returning to school. He's an absolute beast.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:20 am

he was "my guy" last season, and there was a good chance he'd slip to the two early 2nds i had. but he decided to go back and win a heisman and i won't get him now. bleep.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:46 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:02 am
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:33 pm Devonta Smith is as close to a consensus #1 WR we have seen in years.

He looks awesome. Not great size but looks unstoppable. He will most likely go top 5 in the NFL draft.

Looks like another pretty strong WR class overall.
Except a lot of people (if not a majority) have Ja'marr Chase as WR1 in the class, so Smith definitely isn't a "consensus" #1 WR.
A lot of People? * I should have mentioned NFL instead of fantasy.

I get the fantasy love for Chase but Smith proved this year to be lethal playing inside or out. He is going to make a NFL QB really happy week 1. His route skill is really polished already.

The extra year of college really help and having a NFL quality QB will almost ensure he will be the 1st WR drafted in the NFL. His versatility is exceptional. Sound against press and great in space.

Chase will need a great combine after sitting out a season to even be considered the top pick at WR while Smith was winning the Heisman, the first for a WR since 1991. I can just imagine a GM trying to explain taking Chase ahead of him to the owner.
I am beginning to agree with this.

I hate that Chase choose to not compete this year. Yes, he would have been doubled coverage, I guess he had no confidence to show he can succeed in that situation as the teams WR1.

Smith choose to compete in his Senior to increase his draft stock...all he did was prove he was the best WR in the nation and won a National Championship and Heisman along the way. He literally could not be more impressive at the collegiate level.

I was watching a review of Chase and he was compared to Sammy Watkins. Then I thought, yes, that's a good comparison. Then I immediately was scared off of this guy.

A lot of the positives of Smith were said of Jeudy. How does Jeudy and Smith compare as prospects?

One final note, Phil Simms said Smith is one of the most impressive WRs he has scene at college level. I tend to lean towards his opinion than many others on this forum...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:45 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:46 pm
I guess he had no confidence to show he can succeed in that situation as the teams WR1.
Lol, and what evidence do you have of this? He's hardly the only top prospect to sit out this year.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm

And they will all be negatively impacted by their poor decisions. If Chase wanted to be the 1st WR taken, that is in great danger now. Not saying Chase won't be a first round pick...but he screams of a money driven guy and I'd prefer the football player that wants to compete.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 pm

Hate to break it to you, but they're all financially driven, doesn't mean they aren't competitors on the field. Why didn't Smith just enter the draft last year and compete against pros this year? Because he wanted to improve his draft position which improves how much he gets paid. Chase already proved everything he had to, and stood to lose far more than he could potentially gain by returning and putting his health at risk both on the field due to injury and off due to Covid. Why put your entire future at risk needlessly for the benefit of a University and Organization like LSU and the NCAA who exploit athletes for Millions and Billions of Dollars a year?

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm And they will all be negatively impacted by their poor decisions. If Chase wanted to be the 1st WR taken, that is in great danger now. Not saying Chase won't be a first round pick...but he screams of a money driven guy and I'd prefer the football player that wants to compete.
There are a lot of dumb reasons to not like a player, but this is up there. I can’t believe people still believe fairy tale stuff like this.

Chase sitting out and preserving his health instead of playing for free and risking injury was absolutely the right call. Docking him for that is inane, but please, keep doing it. More for me.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm And they will all be negatively impacted by their poor decisions. If Chase wanted to be the 1st WR taken, that is in great danger now. Not saying Chase won't be a first round pick...but he screams of a money driven guy and I'd prefer the football player that wants to compete.
There are a lot of dumb reasons to not like a player, but this is up there. I can’t believe people still believe fairy tale stuff like this.

Chase sitting out and preserving his health instead of playing for free and risking injury was absolutely the right call. Docking him for that is inane, but please, keep doing it. More for me.
I see people with this take a lot. Mostly my friends who are avid college fb fans. Problem is, the school isn’t loyal to the players and neither is the NFL. They should def get the money while they can.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm

So who will be the first WR drafted?

Knocking Chase for choosing to sit out this year to "prepare for the draft" is not insane. He will be knock by the time an NFL team selects the first WR in this year's draft. And rightfully so.

Not saying Chase is not a good player, but everything these kids do is judged. Everything.

I'm strictly viewing this through the lens of who is the top WR in this year's draft. I own the 1.03 in a draft and I'm very interested in who should be ranked first.