Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1080
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Packerland » Tue May 26, 2020 6:08 am

Not sure if this is too early but wanted to start a thread on the 2021 NFL Draft. Who are some favorite prospects, etc?
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Lock, Winston
RB: Mixon, Drake,
WR: Hopkins, Adams, Godwin, OBJ, McLaurin, Mike Williams, D. Johnson
TE: Andrews, Goedert
K: Boswell, Gay
D/ST: Chargers, Eagles

Picks:
2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.04,
2021: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Easy Breesy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 26, 2020 8:56 am

Being in a 2 QB league I’m looking at all th QBs with Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Purdy, Newman and Morgan.
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Jake Luton
RB- Kareem Hunt, Nick Chubb, Antonio Gibson , Justin Jackson, James White, Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Jamison Crowder, Hunter Renfrow, Kenny Stills, Greg Ward, Cordarelle Patterson
TE- Travis Kelce, Foster Moreau, Dallas Goedert, David Njoku, Cam Brate, Brycen Hopkins, Kahale Warring, Mark Andrews. Kaden Smith,
2021 Picks: 1 (early-mid), 1 (early to mid),

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 am

If there are some under the radar RB prospects that come out of this class who aren't on our radar right now, similar to Jacobs last year, the '21 class could be even better than this years. RB is just a major hole right now.

The QB and TE are very strong and better than this year, and the WR class might be even better. Ja'marr Chase would have been the #1 WR in this years class, and is one of the best WR prospects in several years, and pretty easily the 1.01 favorite right now. The rest of the class is very deep like this year.

nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3188
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby nathanq42 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am

It seems like every year a WR is the 1.01 favourite but always ends up getting usurped by a RB.
2015 was Cooper and Gurley were neck and neck
2016 was Treadwell was passed by Zeke
2017 was Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Juju getting taken over by CMC, Fournette, Mixon, and Cook
2018 was forever and always Saquon
2019 was Harry being taken over by Jacobs
2020 was Jeudy getting passed by nearly all top 5 RBs depending on who you talk to.

way to early to anoint anyone 1.01, especially a WR
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am

Because there hasn't been a WR the caliber of Chase for several years, added to the fact that the RB class is weak and he pretty easily goes to the top of the list.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 am

This is an interesting topic, because there's a real chance that we don't get that much more info on these players (if there's no cfb season this yr). So I'll do a top 12 simply based on what we know now (which isn't a lot).

1. Travis Etienne (RB)
2. Ja'Marr Chase (WR)
3. Chuba Hubbard (RB)
4. Justyn Ross (WR)
5. Najee Harris (RB)
6. DeVonta Smith (WR)
7. Rondale Moore (WR)
8. Kylin Hill (RB)
9. C.J. Verdell (RB)
10. Tamorrion Terry (WR)
11. Kyle Pitts (TE)
12. Trevor Lawrence (QB)

*HM: Justin Fields

RBs always go to the top, so I'm going to put TE and CH up there. I think those are the only ones that could challenge Chase depending on landing spot
Half pt ppr dynasty - start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex

QB: Rodgers, Baker
RB: Ekeler, Gurley, David Johnson, Hunt, Sony, Mckinnon, Love, Guice
WR: AJB, Hilton, AJG, Hollywood Brown, Laviska, Antonio Brown, Washington, Renfrow
TE: Kittle, Gesicki

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:23 am

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 am
This is an interesting topic, because there's a real chance that we don't get that much more info on these players (if there's no cfb season this yr). So I'll do a top 12 simply based on what we know now (which isn't a lot).

1. Travis Etienne (RB)
2. Ja'Marr Chase (WR)
3. Chuba Hubbard (RB)
4. Justyn Ross (WR)
5. Najee Harris (RB)
6. DeVonta Smith (WR)
7. Rondale Moore (WR)
8. Kylin Hill (RB)
9. C.J. Verdell (RB)
10. Tamorrion Terry (WR)
11. Kyle Pitts (TE)
12. Trevor Lawrence (QB)

*HM: Justin Fields

RBs always go to the top, so I'm going to put TE and CH up there. I think those are the only ones that could challenge Chase depending on landing spot
Man I'd be stoked to get Rashod Bateman at 2.01 in this draft, he's probably #2 in the class behind Chase.

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3250
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby dynastyninja » Tue May 26, 2020 10:24 am

Etienne looks solid for the NFL, but I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if he ended up being the top RB prospect in 2021. A lot can happen, though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10096
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am
Because there hasn't been a WR the caliber of Chase for several years, added to the fact that the RB class is weak and he pretty easily goes to the top of the list.
Chase is really good, but this isn't true.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am
Because there hasn't been a WR the caliber of Chase for several years, added to the fact that the RB class is weak and he pretty easily goes to the top of the list.
Chase is really good, but this isn't true.
Most recent one was Amari, 5 years ago.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10096
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 26, 2020 12:24 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am
Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am
Because there hasn't been a WR the caliber of Chase for several years, added to the fact that the RB class is weak and he pretty easily goes to the top of the list.
Chase is really good, but this isn't true.
Most recent one was Amari, 5 years ago.
I think Jeudy and Lamb are just as good as Chase.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:40 pm

And yet Ruggs was drafted over both of them.

User avatar
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby Hottoddies » Tue May 26, 2020 12:57 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:40 pm
And yet Ruggs was drafted over both of them.
Some NFL teams are addicted to speed.
Megan Phelps' 4 rules of dialogue
1) Don't assume bad intent
2) Ask questions
3) Stay calm
4) Make the argument

User avatar
joeday
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16434
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 am
Location: Hail to Pitt!

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby joeday » Tue May 26, 2020 1:21 pm

We will see if Chase is that good or if he benefited from a tremendous season and QB play (if there is a CFB season this year)
BERLIN BOMBERS 8 – 3
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – CHAMPION
1999 | 2000 | 2019 – RUNNER - UP

14 teams | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB – Kyler Murray | Taysom Hill | Nick Mullens
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Kenyan Drake | Mike Davis | Salvon Ahmed | Joshua Kelley
WR – DJ Moore | Calvin Ridley | Robert Woods | Antonio Brown | Deebo Samuel | Jakobi Meyers
TE – Jonnu Smith | Robert Tonyan | Anthony Firkser
K – Harrison Butker | Tyler Bass
D/ST – Giants | Browns | 49ers


ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS 9 – 2
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 – CHAMPION
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – RUNNER - UP
12 teams | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Tom Brady | Carson Wentz | Tua Tagovailoa
RB – Ezekiel Elliott | Derrick Henry | Dalvin Cook | Tony Pollard | Alexander Mattison | D'Onta Foreman
WR – DeAndre Hopkins | Davante Adams | DJ Moore | Calvin Ridley | Jakobi Meyers
TE – Darren Waller | Trey Burton
K – Jason Sanders
D/ST – Ravens | Giants

jenkins.math
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1210
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby jenkins.math » Tue May 26, 2020 2:20 pm

A couple RBs that haven't been mentioned that I'm watching: Zamir White at Georgia and Max Borghi at Washington State.

Really intrigued by Borghi as he looks like he could be a PPR machine. He has 139 receptions in his first 2 years in college and really catches the ball with ease for a RB. If he ended up on the Saints and they let Kamara walk, he might be the 1.01 next year.
Team 1: 14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, CEH, Kelley, Ahmed, Snell
WR: OBJ, Evans, Juju, Moore, Jeudy, Reagor, Corey Davis, Cooks
TE: Kittle, L. Thomas
K: Butker
D/ST: Browns, Bears
DL: Buckner
LB: Kendricks
DB: B. Baker

Team 2: 12 team PPR Salary Cap
QB: Watson, Goff
RB: Barkley, CEH, Gibson, Howard, Perine, Lewis, Ozigbo
WR: Hill, Allen, Boyd, Landry, Sims, DJax, Hamler, Westbrook
TE: Schultz, Ebron, Thomas, Keene, Jarwin
K: Tucker
D/ST: Steelers, Bills
Taxi: Lock, Bryce Love, Higgins

Team 3: 12 team SF
QB: Wentz, Mayfield, Love
RB: AP, Lewis, Perine, JJ Taylor, Vaughn, Mack
WR: Jeudy, Jeffrey, P Williams, Mooney, Cephus, Fitz, Gandy-Golden, Hightower, Swain, Bisi Johnson, Tate
TE: Doyle, Smith, Trautman, Keene, Warring


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pac_Eddy and 3 guests

DLF 2020 Cyber Week Sale