Josh Rosen?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Rosen?

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:34 pm There’s too many good QBs in the league right now. How does he end up relevant? He gets cut, signs with New England, and wins the job from Stidham who’s had over an extra year to learn the playbook? Or he ends up in Pittsburgh or Indianapolis and wins the backup job from Rudolph/Brissett, and then Roethlisberger/Rivers retire, and THEN the team doesn’t draft a replacement?

If your league is crazy deep (like 16x30 with taxi squads) then maybe this is a decent time to but in SF. I think in most leagues he’s going to hit the waiver-wire before he gets another shot, so even if you believe in him, I’d just wait rather than trading for him.

Fun fact- I traded my lone share of him along with the 2.12 last year for Lamar Jackson and a 3rd right after the story came out that Lamar looked horrible in practice. Remains one of the most lopsided trades I’ve ever made.
I traded my lone share of Zay Jones last year during the season. Still seems pretty even...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Wed May 20, 2020 4:43 pm

ericanadian wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 pm He’s a bust and even if he manages to turn it around, it’ll take years, so no point holding on. Even if he stays in Miami, it’ll still be his third system in three years with the Dolphins moving on from O’Shea to Gailey at OC.
That's like his 8th system in 7 years now iirc.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed May 20, 2020 5:51 pm

What system did he flourish in in college that led to him being a top 10 pick? Are there not teams running similar schemes? I wouldn't dismiss him beating out Stidham, or signing with teams like Tennessee, LAR, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit or San Fran as depth gambles with the potential to be groomed long term. That doesn't speak to him succeeding or being fantasy relevant, but I'm not ready to bury him given he's had so little quality opportunity.

Rosen vs Trubisky would be an interesting NFL free agency debate.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed May 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:51 pm What system did he flourish in in college that led to him being a top 10 pick? Are there not teams running similar schemes? I wouldn't dismiss him beating out Stidham, or signing with teams like Tennessee, LAR, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit or San Fran as depth gambles with the potential to be groomed long term. That doesn't speak to him succeeding or being fantasy relevant, but I'm not ready to bury him given he's had so little quality opportunity.

No it wouldn't. One guy is incompetent. The other got dealt a few REALLY bad hands.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 am

The fact that Rosen received no meaningful PT last year has to be it for him.

Maybe he gets traded to a competent team and is a backup for a few years...and then blossoms? I mean the guy is only 23 so there is time on his side...but he'll just eat up a roster spot on your team for years on end.

Insanely glad I sold him off when the whole Kyler news started to heat up before the draft last year, took a loss on the trade but was able to recapture a 1st...whereas, today, he's damn near valueless.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu May 21, 2020 8:04 am

“ NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports teams have called the Dolphins about Josh Rosen.
Analysis: The Dolphins are reportedly "in no hurry to trade him." Rosen's trade value has to be close to nonexistent at this point even with his miniscule cap hits. He couldn't beat Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting job in Miami last season and has been a well below-average passer whenever he's been on the field. Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reported in February that it's "likely" that Rosen remains on the team, but he'll probably serve as the team's No. 3 quarterback behind Fitzpatrick and Tua Tagovailoa in 2020.”
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 21, 2020 9:16 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:51 pm What system did he flourish in in college that led to him being a top 10 pick? Are there not teams running similar schemes? I wouldn't dismiss him beating out Stidham, or signing with teams like Tennessee, LAR, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit or San Fran as depth gambles with the potential to be groomed long term. That doesn't speak to him succeeding or being fantasy relevant, but I'm not ready to bury him given he's had so little quality opportunity.

Rosen didn't really flourish. His coach Jim Mora even went on record and said that he thought Rosen should return to school.

Rosen went high because he was an elite QB recruit. He flashed some as a freshman, but was never really good outside of that. Arizona thought they could harness his tools better, but he was in an awful situation with bad coaching and a team that was on the decline overall offensively. Miami also wasn't a great situation either.

He's had bad luck in the NFL, but he also just hasn't been any good since he left high school.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 am

his nose could develop into a solid asset

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 am his nose could develop into a solid asset
... holy bleep that’s racist.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:43 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 am his nose could develop into a solid asset
... holy bleep that’s racist.
Terrible. Absolutely no need for this type of comment.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:16 am

Rosen didn't really flourish. His coach Jim Mora even went on record and said that he thought Rosen should return to school.

Rosen went high because he was an elite QB recruit. He flashed some as a freshman, but was never really good outside of that. Arizona thought they could harness his tools better, but he was in an awful situation with bad coaching and a team that was on the decline overall offensively. Miami also wasn't a great situation either.

He's had bad luck in the NFL, but he also just hasn't been any good since he left high school.
True, "flourished" might not have been the right choice. Regardless, I'm not burying him for his terrible "opportunities"on teams with bad situations. If I was an ambitious position coach or coordinator, I'd scout him all over again. Examine his career film,talk to friends/family. If I could get my team to take a flier on him and I could get him to play/perform to a Goff-like level, I'd be the next hotshot HC candidate.

Which brings back the Rosen/Trubisky angle. Which are more likely to be pursued by ambitious aspiring HCs looking to make a name for themselves? Trubisky has more NFL film, but it looks more bad than good. Rosen's more of a black box.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am True, "flourished" might not have been the right choice. Regardless, I'm not burying him for his terrible "opportunities"on teams with bad situations. If I was an ambitious position coach or coordinator, I'd scout him all over again. Examine his career film,talk to friends/family. If I could get my team to take a flier on him and I could get him to play/perform to a Goff-like level, I'd be the next hotshot HC candidate.

Which brings back the Rosen/Trubisky angle. Which are more likely to be pursued by ambitious aspiring HCs looking to make a name for themselves? Trubisky has more NFL film, but it looks more bad than good. Rosen's more of a black box.
I'd guess Trubisky, because of the athleticism and mobility. Rosen is kind of a dud. I'm not sure anyone knows what he's really good at.

I'm sure Rosen will get another shot though somewhere. It takes a few stops for QBs to flame out of the league after they've disappointed. Even though they're bad, teams seem to believe there's a lot of value in simply having QBs who understand the process of preparing for games and contributing to the QB room.

Someone mentioned New England earlier and I agree. Belichick has a history of taking flyers on former high draft picks who disappointed.

squidvicious
Rookie
Rookie

Postby squidvicious » Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 pm

He’s basically free. In a big roster SF league, he’s one of those guys that you pick up, drop, and pick up, at the end of your roster. He was a high pick in the NFL Draft,, so his draft capital will probably get him another chance somewhere. Fairly easy for an NFL team to give him that shot thinking he’s never had a good situation for success.
Knuckles Kraken — FFPC #48. Est. 2018, Retired 2020
2018: 8-5. Champions
2019: 10-3. Best record. Champions
2020: 10-3. Best record. Most points. Champions

Kladno Mullet Overs — DFWC 63. Est. 2019
2019: 9-4. Best record. Most Points. Champions. 24th overall DFWC
2020: 11-2. Best record. Most Points. Champions. 35th overall DFWC

Verdun Shamcats — RV TF SF BB Dyno #71. Est. 2021

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 am

Cardinals take him, have him for a year, decide they need a new QB.
Dolphins trade for him, play everyone's favorite journeyman QB, decide they too need a new QB after seeing him for a year. Dolphins then say Rosen will compete for the 3rd string QB spot.

Looks like he is headed towards being a career backup at best.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 am

Feel bad for the dude, but his fantasy relevant career hopes are over

Probably sticks around in the league for a while as a backup. He has to be better than some of those guys who make 1-3 mil a year for like 12 year careers as backup qbs, right?

His one in Cardinals I felt was more excused, they had a choice of taking a 1st overall pick heisman QB who undoubtedly had a better skill set than the guy they drafted the year before. Dolphins though had him, benched him for Fitzpatrick, got a good look at him, and decided they were going to draft a qb at 6 who wasn't a can't miss prospect like Murray was.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol