Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Bryan Edwards

Postby Finfansteve » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:25 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:22 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:40 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm

1st rounder?? :surprised: You'd think this guy was Julio Jones or something at this point.

Edwards has officially jumped the shark. Being a Raider, that sure didn't take long.
i'm pretty sure he's talking about reagor.
Ah, I see now how I got confused, mb.

As for any rookie injured leading up to or in August and some of them falling like rocks in drafts, seen it all the time: my home league drafts one round per month after the NFL draft. We just did our 4th round last weekend and Shenault and Edwards went back to back 4.01 and 4.02.

So guys like Reagor and Mims falling by or in August compared to their original May/Jun 1st/2nd round drafting is real.
People are being scared off by the injury I’m thinking
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, DK, G Wilson, Palmer
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.10
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm

I traded up to 8 to take Reagor and five minutes later he left practice with the shoulder injury.

So that sucked for awhile.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 am

ManuManu wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm I traded up to 8 to take Reagor and five minutes later he left practice with the shoulder injury.

I had Edwards rated ahead of Reagor before that injury. You still need to remember that this is dynasty and this injury shouldn't affect his long term prospects
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm

TheNuts wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 am
ManuManu wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm I traded up to 8 to take Reagor and five minutes later he left practice with the shoulder injury.

I had Edwards rated ahead of Reagor before that injury. You still need to remember that this is dynasty and this injury shouldn't affect his long term prospects
What he said. And for the record, I had Reagor as WR3 well before Edwards. You're still fine - AND it sounds like the yung buck is going to tough it out for us and may even yet play Week 1.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:15 pm

TheNuts wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 am

I’m an Eagles fan and was worried he was done for the year.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am

as a Raiders fan and Edwards 1st round dynasty pick truther, i hope I am wrong....but is this guy a bust? I see him out there running around but never any stats, and with Agholor having a nice year I am sure Mayock will bring him back. Zay Jones hopefully gone though
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:56 am

raiders444 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am as a Raiders fan and Edwards 1st round dynasty pick truther, i hope I am wrong....but is this guy a bust? I see him out there running around but never any stats, and with Agholor having a nice year I am sure Mayock will bring him back. Zay Jones hopefully gone though
Rookie in an abbreviated offseason dealing with injuries all year. I wouldnt be too concerned. Not ideal especially considering all of the offseason hype, but WRs have taken a couple years to get it all together before (ie. Adams could be picked up off the waiver wire in his third or even fourth year in the league)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:59 am

raiders444 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am as a Raiders fan and Edwards 1st round dynasty pick truther, i hope I am wrong....but is this guy a bust? I see him out there running around but never any stats, and with Agholor having a nice year I am sure Mayock will bring him back. Zay Jones hopefully gone though
Edwards missed a bunch of games towards the start of the season, and during parts of last night's game, you could see some of the veterans telling him where to be on the field. So, he's probably not even fully comfortable with the playbook either.

You gotta give these rookies time.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:15 am

I hear you guys on giving it some time. Just hard to watch WRs who went later- Higgins, Pittman, Claypool all posting good to great games every few weeks. At this point with Edwards i'd be ecstatic with a 3-50 line
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:16 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:59 am
Edwards missed a bunch of games towards the start of the season, and during parts of last night's game, you could see some of the veterans telling him where to be on the field. So, he's probably not even fully comfortable with the playbook either.

You gotta give these rookies time.
He was on the field a lot more during the first 3 games of the season than he has for the last 6 weeks since returning from the injury. It doesn't seem to me like he doesn't know the playbook. It definitely seems like he's been passed on the depth chart by some less than spectacular competition though.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:59 am

during parts of last night's game, you could see some of the veterans telling him where to be on the field.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm

briank wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:16 am
He was on the field a lot more during the first 3 games of the season than he has for the last 6 weeks since returning from the injury. It doesn't seem to me like he doesn't know the playbook. It definitely seems like he's been passed on the depth chart by some less than spectacular competition though.
He may know the plays (which is why he started the season as the X), but he may not be comfortable and doesn't have the reps after missing so much time. Jones and Agholor were motioning to him where to line up on a specific play, so seeing that made everything make sense to me for the lack of PT lately.

Think about it, Ruggs was out and Edwards still only played 32% of the snaps. Listed as a starter in 3WR sets in the FOX graphic at the beginning, but played well behind Agholor, Jones, and Renfrow. So, right now he's at best WR5 on the team. And, that's not even including Waller who basically plays like a WR.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:33 pm

What would you guys say his value is right now? Do you think anyone bites for a 3rd?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:37 pm

I drafted him in the third, likely wont move him for anything less than a late second. I thought he was a real steal at that spot. I still have high hopes of him becoming a solid WR2. If he can't fit it together in a year or two then I'll cut bait for anything
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm
briank wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:16 am
He may know the plays (which is why he started the season as the X), but he may not be comfortable and doesn't have the reps after missing so much time. Jones and Agholor were motioning to him where to line up on a specific play, so seeing that made everything make sense to me for the lack of PT lately.

Think about it, Ruggs was out and Edwards still only played 32% of the snaps. Listed as a starter in 3WR sets in the FOX graphic at the beginning, but played well behind Agholor, Jones, and Renfrow. So, right now he's at best WR5 on the team. And, that's not even including Waller who basically plays like a WR.
He's been playing for the last 6 weeks and hasn't earned more snaps. If he can't earn more snaps in front of Renfroe, Agholor, or even Jones I'm worried. I'm glad I sold high. I'm not saying he can't fulfill his potential. I'm just not nearly as excited about him as I was preseason.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas