Bryan Edwards

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Bryan Edwards is your 1.01

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:16 pm

I love the guy. He’s going to be the best man at my wedding...

But, seriously best WR in the draft
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Bryan Edwards is your 1.01

Postby AussieMate » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 pm

I also love Edwards, I'm hoping he stays under the radar so I can get him later in the draft.
Raiders No.1 receiver!!!!

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:39 pm

He is the Miles Boykin to Ruggs’ Hollywood Brown.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:39 pm He is the Miles Boykin to Ruggs’ Hollywood Brown.
I’m no tape grinder, but their play styles aren’t the same at all. You see one actually catches the football and is good WR.

On a more serious note, Edwards is a bully after the catch, demonstrates borderline elite body control, and has a knack for making incredible catches.

I did this thread more as a joke, but seriously Edwards possesses the athleticism and skillset to be an elite WR. Let’s not compare apples to oranges.

The funny thing is Edwards actually out performed Ruggs throughout his entire career playing with Deebo Samuels for 3/4 of his career and with horrific QB play and was still more productive from a market share standpoint.

Yet a 4.2 all of sudden makes a weak prospect something special. :?:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:39 pm He is the Miles Boykin to Ruggs’ Hollywood Brown.
I’m no tape grinder, but their play styles aren’t the same at all. You see one actually catches the football and is good WR.

On a more serious note, Edwards is a bully after the catch, demonstrates borderline elite body control, and has a knack for making incredible catches.

I did this thread more as a joke, but seriously Edwards possesses the athleticism and skillset to be an elite WR. Let’s not compare apples to oranges.

The funny thing is Edwards actually out performed Ruggs throughout his entire career playing with Deebo Samuels for 3/4 of his career and with horrific QB play and was still more productive from a market share standpoint.

There's an entire thread on why that's not the case. I was worried Ruggs would be drafted and be miscast as a pure field stretcher, but he went to a team who won't do that.

BTW, to your point about Boykin vs Edwards, they aren't really comparable prospects beyond draft capital. Boykin is super athletic, but didn't really do much beyond his senior year, which is concerning.

To be clear, if you like Edwards, you should be ecstatic Ruggs was chosen on the other side. Edwards will be the X, and a big red zone threat. Ruggs helps the potential success of Edwards tremendously.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm The funny thing is Edwards actually out performed Ruggs throughout his entire career playing with Deebo Samuels for 3/4 of his career and with horrific QB play and was still more productive from a market share standpoint.

Throughout their careers:

Edwards played with Deebo Samuel and Hayden Hurst
Ruggs played with Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith, Irv Smith Jr., Jaylen Waddle

It would be weird to act like the teammate dilution is comparable. Edwards is a solid WR though and a potential sleeper given his size, body control, and use at all three levels in college. I don't think he has the upside to be an elite WR, but he could be a good X.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm

There's an entire thread on why that's not the case. I was worried Ruggs would be drafted and be miscast as a pure field stretcher, but he went to a team who won't do that.

BTW, to your point about Boykin vs Edwards, they aren't really comparable prospects beyond draft capital. Boykin is super athletic, but didn't really do much beyond his senior year, which is concerning.

To be clear, if you like Edwards, you should be ecstatic Ruggs was chosen on the other side. Edwards will be the X, and a big red zone threat. Ruggs helps the potential success of Edwards tremendously.
Yes I know I’m just a Ruggs hater sorry FF. I really only intended to do a one-off joke thread, but then that horrific Edwards vs Boykin comp surfaced and I had to comment. In all this incredible emotion, my Ruggs distaste resurfaced I apologize

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:16 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Yes I know I’m just a Ruggs hater sorry FF. I really only intended to do a one-off joke thread, but then that horrific Edwards vs Boykin comp surfaced and I had to comment. In all this incredible emotion, my Ruggs distaste resurfaced I apologize
No need for apology. Regardless of your opinion of Ruggs, he will pretty much guarantee Edwards will never get bracketed, that much you can probably agree with, so it will certainly help Edwards future outlook.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:34 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Amen brother.

Comparing Edwards to Boykins is just insulting. Theyre about as similar as Ruggs is to Tavon Austin... I mean theyre both fast and have similar draft capital! :roll:

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:38 pm

If I understand the logic here, that would be a major dis to Hollywood since Edwards miles above Boykin.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:38 pm
If I understand the logic here, that would be a major dis to Hollywood since Edwards miles above Boykin.
:lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:48 pm

**Reads Title**

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:16 pm

I wasn’t really intending to compare the players, just the situation.

Hollywood slipped in drafts last year, sometimes even behind Boykin (lol). Ruggs is looking like he’ll slip as well.

Fantasy football players hate small speed guys, and love their prototypes, so the ADP gap between Ruggs/Edwards will be unreasonably small, like Brown/Boykin.

Games will start, Ruggs will play a significant portion of snaps, be actively involved in the gameplan, and get manufactured touches. Edwards will struggle to earn significant playing time over the trusted veterans, not be a key focus of the offense, and provide minimal production.

People will instantly realize they made a huge mistake valuing them anywhere near each other by halftime of week 1.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Montanacub
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Montanacub » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:43 am

Since they, like all their fellow 2020 rookies, will not have had the benefit of OTA's, probably a limited camp, and possibly little or no pre-season games, will struggle mightily if and when next season is played. Probably more so, since the WR position seems to have as steep a learning curve as any position.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 am

Montanacub wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:43 am Since they, like all their fellow 2020 rookies, will not have had the benefit of OTA's, probably a limited camp, and possibly little or no pre-season games, will struggle mightily if and when next season is played. Probably more so, since the WR position seems to have as steep a learning curve as any position.
We'll see. Every player will be disadvantaged. It may indeed play out that way, but we really have no idea. I often feel like rookies are worn out from the pre draft process, and the rookie camps, OTA's training camp, pre season etc by midseason. It may help them in some ways as well. I'm sure teams are already planning adaptive ways to keep them educated on their systems, and working on things physically through the process. It's their livelihoods, it's their jobs to have them prepared for week 1.