Bryan Edwards

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
briank
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Bryan Edwards

Postby briank » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:33 pm What would you guys say his value is right now? Do you think anyone bites for a 3rd?
I'd say the value is around a late 2nd. I doubt anyone takes less. I'd buy for anything less than a late 2nd personally.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:08 pm

briank wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:04 pm
He's been playing for the last 6 weeks and hasn't earned more snaps. If he can't earn more snaps in front of Renfroe, Agholor, or even Jones I'm worried. I'm glad I sold high. I'm not saying he can't fulfill his potential. I'm just not nearly as excited about him as I was preseason.
Granted, he obviously has plenty to work on in the offseason, but I don't see it as a bad thing that he hasn't beaten out Agholor, Renfrow, or Jones. Agholor has been solid this season. Edwards is a rookie 3rd round WR, who fell behind because of an injury.

You gotta give these players time to improve. It's not all going to come together in one year.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:09 pm

briank wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:04 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm
briank wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:16 am
He was on the field a lot more during the first 3 games of the season than he has for the last 6 weeks since returning from the injury. It doesn't seem to me like he doesn't know the playbook. It definitely seems like he's been passed on the depth chart by some less than spectacular competition though.
He may know the plays (which is why he started the season as the X), but he may not be comfortable and doesn't have the reps after missing so much time. Jones and Agholor were motioning to him where to line up on a specific play, so seeing that made everything make sense to me for the lack of PT lately.

Think about it, Ruggs was out and Edwards still only played 32% of the snaps. Listed as a starter in 3WR sets in the FOX graphic at the beginning, but played well behind Agholor, Jones, and Renfrow. So, right now he's at best WR5 on the team. And, that's not even including Waller who basically plays like a WR.
He's been playing for the last 6 weeks and hasn't earned more snaps. If he can't earn more snaps in front of Renfroe, Agholor, or even Jones I'm worried. I'm glad I sold high. I'm not saying he can't fulfill his potential. I'm just not nearly as excited about him as I was preseason.
Very possible he's trying to play through a reinjury of his foot (foot has been listed under his injury report).. which actually doesn't make me feel too much better about his long term prospects... getting some Sammy Watkins, Hakeem Nicks PTSD just thinking about it.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Drafted him in half my leagues, and despite liking him, this hasn’t been promising. I fully get ‘giving rookies time’, but when guys still need to help you line up in Week 15, that’s not a good sign. That isn’t ability, it’s preparation and mental game. Hopefully he shapes up moving forward. You’d need to find an ongoing believer to get out with a 2nd. Zay Jones should not still be ahead of him on the depth chart regardless of what anyone wants to say.

I do think some owners sell for a 3rd. I’ll hold at that price since I liked the player, unless it’s on the clock and I know who I’m getting.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:42 pm Drafted him in half my leagues, and despite liking him, this hasn’t been promising. I fully get ‘giving rookies time’, but when guys still need to help you line up in Week 15, that’s not a good sign. That isn’t ability, it’s preparation and mental game. Hopefully he shapes up moving forward. You’d need to find an ongoing believer to get out with a 2nd. Zay Jones should not still be ahead of him on the depth chart regardless of what anyone wants to say.

I do think some owners sell for a 3rd. I’ll hold at that price since I liked the player, unless it’s on the clock and I know who I’m getting.
yea, he'll be one of those guys who's potential is worth more than their perceived value. Unless someone that you really like falls in your rookie draft, probably not worth under selling him for a 3rd
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:40 am

Is he JJ Arcega-Westside?
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:02 am

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:40 am Is he JJ Arcega-Westside?
While it's not looking good, hes at least getting on the field. Jjaw didn't make the field even when they had nothing but practice squad guys on the field.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:09 am

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:42 pm Drafted him in half my leagues, and despite liking him, this hasn’t been promising. I fully get ‘giving rookies time’, but when guys still need to help you line up in Week 15, that’s not a good sign. That isn’t ability, it’s preparation and mental game. Hopefully he shapes up moving forward. You’d need to find an ongoing believer to get out with a 2nd. Zay Jones should not still be ahead of him on the depth chart regardless of what anyone wants to say.

yea, he'll be one of those guys who's potential is worth more than their perceived value. Unless someone that you really like falls in your rookie draft, probably not worth under selling him for a 3rd
I'm holding one more year with the shares I have of him. Worth more than a 3rd dart at this point, for me.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:32 am

esloan35 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:09 am

I'm holding one more year with the shares I have of him. Worth more than a 3rd dart at this point, for me.
Agreed. He's on par with a bunch of other guys i might keep, and he has 3rd round draft capital. Hope Agholor asks for too much and they let him walk
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 pm

He was dropped in my league. Someone claimed him for 103/1,000 bid $s.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:17 am

raiders444 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:32 am
esloan35 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:09 am

Agreed. He's on par with a bunch of other guys i might keep, and he has 3rd round draft capital. Hope Agholor asks for too much and they let him walk
Agreed

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:36 am

Rare sighting of Edwards in the wild Saturday night. Really not loving the Raiders offensive distribution from a fantasy perspective. Ruggs was drafted what, #12 overall? and only getting a couple looks per game. Why waste that high of a pick on a guy you have no idea how to use. No screens, no jet sweeps, maybe 1 bomb per game. You can pick that guy up in the 6th or 7th round or off the street and have used that #12 on a game changing player in another position. Same with Edwards in the 3rd. Still guys on the board with long term starter potential there
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:43 am

yeah I am ready for the hype to build again with a "full & healthy" offseason for Edwards then package him up and jump ship. Seems like the Raiders still have no idea how to draft/develop WR talent. I dont think they have had a solid home grown WR in a long time. Outside of Jacobs and Waller I want nothing to do with this team.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:45 am

raiders444 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:36 am Rare sighting of Edwards in the wild Saturday night. Really not loving the Raiders offensive distribution from a fantasy perspective. Ruggs was drafted what, #12 overall? and only getting a couple looks per game. Why waste that high of a pick on a guy you have no idea how to use. No screens, no jet sweeps, maybe 1 bomb per game. You can pick that guy up in the 6th or 7th round or off the street and have used that #12 on a game changing player in another position. Same with Edwards in the 3rd. Still guys on the board with long term starter potential there
1) Ruggs has had his shot. He's just not good right now. He could certainly realize his potential in the future (and I expect him to improve quite a bit in year 2); but he's just not that good right now.
2) Edwards has suffered because of the emergence of Nelson Agholor (who actually looks good). Agholor is the team's #1 WR, and Darren Waller is a target magnet. Renfrow is their best slot receiver.. just not enough touches to get him in there.

Both are a little concerning, but you've got to think they are the future for this team.

There was no way the Raiders knew Agholor would be this good in their offense (signed to a 1 year 500,000 contract :lol: ); that's why they attacked their biggest offensive weakness in the draft. Maybe they chose poorly with Ruggs, but it's hindsight bias to blame them for grabbing two WRs in the top 100 picks.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:19 am

Knew I shouldn't have drafted a dirty no good Raider 8-)

Stupid near perfect shiny analytical profile