Bryan Edwards

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bryan Edwards

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:20 pm

Yeah, he had 2 trust throws to Edwards just last game.

One straight into double coverage and another that he threw before Edwards even broke free from the defender (the sideline 32 almost walk off TD).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:20 pm Yeah, he had 2 trust throws to Edwards just last game.

One straight into double coverage and another that he threw before Edwards even broke free from the defender (the sideline 32 almost walk off TD).
Yep, those were the 2 I was referring to in my previous post. He's going to be Carr's new Crabtree. He always trusted him to make a play even with tight coverage. Edwards is gaining trust with Carr, they just haven't had a ton of time together due to the lack of off season last year, and Edwards injury.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:59 am

God clearly doesn't want my Raiders going to the playoffs this year :(

How do you guys see the WRs and offense shaking out from here on out? No more deep threat will change things up a bit I would assume
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:41 am

raiders444 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:59 am God clearly doesn't want my Raiders going to the playoffs this year :(

How do you guys see the WRs and offense shaking out from here on out? No more deep threat will change things up a bit I would assume
Bryan Edwards is appalled by your comment. Please apologize

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:41 am
raiders444 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:59 am God clearly doesn't want my Raiders going to the playoffs this year :(

Edwards isn't a deep threat. The Ruggs situation is terrible for the Raiders. It's really a huge hit to their offense. Not nearly as many big plays, and safeties won't have to sit as deep. They can also focus more on Waller, AND now Edwards gets the top DB a lot more. Edwards is a good player, but he's not good at separating. He's just not that explosive off the LOS, or a great route runner. They had a great combo with him and Ruggs for what they do well, but I expect the Raiders offense to struggle more, unless they somehow grab OBJ. My hope is they start splitting Waller out more, and get Moreau out there at the same time. Moreau is a good TE, and Waller can play out wide.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:43 am

Guess we can pencil in the fastest WR at the combine getting drafted to LV now.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:47 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:43 am Guess we can pencil in the fastest WR at the combine getting drafted to LV now.
IDK about that. Rumour was Mayock wanted Lamb and Gruden wanted Ruggs. They may go the FA route, too.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:57 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:43 am Guess we can pencil in the fastest WR at the combine getting drafted to LV now.
My guess is they go hard after Adams (played with Carr at Fresno State)

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:41 am

Edwards isn't a deep threat. The Ruggs situation is terrible for the Raiders. It's really a huge hit to their offense. Not nearly as many big plays, and safeties won't have to sit as deep. They can also focus more on Waller, AND now Edwards gets the top DB a lot more. Edwards is a good player, but he's not good at separating. He's just not that explosive off the LOS, or a great route runner. They had a great combo with him and Ruggs for what they do well, but I expect the Raiders offense to struggle more, unless they somehow grab OBJ. My hope is they start splitting Waller out more, and get Moreau out there at the same time. Moreau is a good TE, and Waller can play out wide.
I really don't think we'll see too big of a drop off in this offense.

Zay Jones isn't Ruggs.. but he's fast enough to just run clearing routes all game.

I agree with the Moreau call; but I'd expect it to be actualized with more 12 personnel since Waller is split out wide a lot for a TE already.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:19 am

Sriracha wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:12 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:41 am

I really don't think we'll see too big of a drop off in this offense.

Zay Jones isn't Ruggs.. but he's fast enough to just run clearing routes all game.

I agree with the Moreau call; but I'd expect it to be actualized with more 12 personnel since Waller is split out wide a lot for a TE already.
Yeah, they will, or should definitely run with some more 12. That was part of what I meant, I just didn't really explain it properly. They can use Waller in motion in some 12, too. I just hope they are willing to get Foster out there more, he's good in the red zone, and as you saw against Philly last week, he's capable of being a receiving threat with a larger snap share.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Big old goose egg today. Complimentary player. That's it.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:35 pm Big old goose egg today. Complimentary player. That's it.
Yuuup, I'm ready to cut ties after this game. If he can't must anything after 5 targets a week vacates the premises it's likely not going to happen
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:53 pm

:wall: Just traded for him in hopes he’d become bigger focus after Waller & Renfrow :doh:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:45 pm

He didn’t get any targets and Carr threw 2 INTs and lost to one of the worst teams in the nfl. Maybe they should have given him some targets.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:32 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:45 pm He didn’t get any targets and Carr threw 2 INTs and lost to one of the worst teams in the nfl. Maybe they should have given him some targets.
I think we're at a point where if he isn't getting targets, he might just not be that good. We can point to film and we can point to analytics, but if the guy isn't getting targets from Carr, then Carr or the coaching may not think he is worthy of targets.

I have been an Edwards fan in the past, but i'm not sure it's happening. Party might be off.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league