Who is this year’s DJ Chark?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which second year WR bounces back this year from a quiet rookie season?

N’Keal Harry, NE
38%
JJ Arcega Whiteside, PHI
3%
Parris Campbell, IND
29%
Andy Isabella, ARZ
4%
Jalen Hurd, SF
2%
Miles Boykin, BAL
7%
None
18%

Total votes: 112

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Who is this year’s DJ Chark?

Postby Sriracha » Mon May 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Its “the most talented WR Ive ever seen” Hakeem Butler

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Tue May 19, 2020 4:43 am

Do Hunter Renfrow or Preston Williams count? Perhaps I’m thinking more quiet than disappointing.

Perhaps Renfrow did what was expected so maybe it’s more like fits the description of “will get better than people are currently thinking”? He might be a future Julian Edelman type?

Williams was only quiet due to the injury, but if he can be had cheap as an extra piece to balance out a trade.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue May 19, 2020 5:04 am

IZigUZag wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:30 pm Its “the most talented WR Ive ever seen” Hakeem Butler
I really am holding him amidst a loaded WR group on my team, hoping it's the case. It's comical how obviously he is my next "cut candidate" if I have to squeeze come cut-day at WR. :lol:

I still just want to see it. Kyler is so good... I want any chance at his weapons going forward that I can get.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue May 19, 2020 5:33 am

Harry seems like the top guy on this list

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am

IZigUZag wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:30 pm Its “the most talented WR Ive ever seen” Hakeem Butler
Well, that explains a lot! :D :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm

Isabella is the only guy I'm looking to buy from that list. He'll be the last thing on defenses minds, last year was a lot for him coming from UMass.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am
Well, that explains a lot! :D :D
:lol: whoosh

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm Isabella is the only guy I'm looking to buy from that list. He'll be the last thing on defenses minds, last year was a lot for him coming from UMass.
Where are the targets coming from with Hopkins, Kirk, and Fitzgerald in front of him?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm Isabella is the only guy I'm looking to buy from that list. He'll be the last thing on defenses minds, last year was a lot for him coming from UMass.
Where are the targets coming from with Hopkins, Kirk, and Fitzgerald in front of him?
Hopkins is the only assured alpha in that group. If Isabella indeed takes the leap forward that Chark made last year old man Fitz and Kirk won't stop him from ascending the depth chart.

I think it's highly unlikely we see another Chark this year -- even if Harry/Campbell succeeds their situation won't be all that similar. There are a ton of excuses for why both of them didn't succeed and that's why there still going in the top 150 players in startups.

The only real Chark candidates are: Boykin, Isabella, Butler, JJAW all of which were significantly worse prospects than Chark coming out of college.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm
Hopkins is the only assured alpha in that group. If Isabella indeed takes the leap forward that Chark made last year old man Fitz and Kirk won't stop him from ascending the depth chart.

I think it's highly unlikely we see another Chark this year -- even if Harry/Campbell succeeds their situation won't be all that similar. There are a ton of excuses for why both of them didn't succeed and that's why there still going in the top 150 players in startups.

The only real Chark candidates are: Boykin, Isabella, Butler, JJAW all of which were significantly worse prospects than Chark coming out of college.
Kirk had 108 targets last year and he's actually a good WR. I don't know what would make Isabella leap him. Fitz is still solid and is in a perfect spot now as a WR3/mentor.

Forget Chark, it would be surprising if Isabella is even fantasy relevant next season.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 19, 2020 4:22 pm

100% agreed

But stranger things have happened

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 am

The Harry belief is astonishing.

Lots have said it, but no Baby Chark likely this year for all the reasons above.

Closest to a maybe is Boykin.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 20, 2020 7:43 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Kirk had 108 targets last year and he's actually a good WR. I don't know what would make Isabella leap him. Fitz is still solid and is in a perfect spot now as a WR3/mentor.

Forget Chark, it would be surprising if Isabella is even fantasy relevant next season.
I guess the thing working in Isabella, or even Butler’s, favour is that the team runs four plus wide a lot. About a third of their snaps. If he can start producing in limited playing time, he can start forcing a time share with Fitz or Kirk even if they continue to produce. With their talent in the WR group and the lack of talent in the TE group, you might even see the team shift to more four wide sets.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am

Well I didn't imply he'd see a huge bump in targets but no doubt in year 2 he'll get his.

I think Fitz is gonna be phased out.......he'll rotate in with guys like Isabella and Butler. Kirk can easily shift outside too.

I think he'll finish in the 50 catch range or so, maybe that's overly optimistic but he's a little rocket out there. Can't see Kliff and Murray not taking advantage of that, they have all big body WRs.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Welp only one week in but Campbell has a shot

Harry and Isabella look iffy in the short run

Too soon to tell for Boykin and any others