Deebo...time to sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ekilla183
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am

Deebo...time to sell?

Postby ekilla183 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm

I love Deebo and think he’s going to be great for SF, but given the fact that SF/Shanny spreads the ball around, they have multiple WR coming back off injury AND just took Aiyuk in the first...

Is Deebos value at a peak? I love his talent but he was second fiddle to Kittle last year and now there’s even more mouths to feed.

Would you sell? And for how much?
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Michel, Edmonds
WR: ARob, Sutton, Deebo, Fuller, N’Keal, Davis
TE: Andrews, Fant, Gronk

2020 Picks: 1.02, 1.03, 1.07, 2.02, 2.03

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7062
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:20 pm

I'm not too worried about him. I think he's very talented and fits SF offense perfectly. Also not worried about these other WR you mention besides Aiyuk really. That's mostly due to the draft capital they used on him. Maybe that says more about the trust in the rest of their WR core. I'd be willing to take a flyer on Hurd if the opportunity arises for the price, but I'm not too worried about Deebo as I believe he's their 2nd option again.

That being said, I did sell to move up in the draft. Gave Deebo and 2.05 for Hardman and 1.07
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Cohen, Penny, Hines, Bowden
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Reagor, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby ericanadian » Sat May 16, 2020 1:28 pm

ekilla183 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm
I love Deebo and think he’s going to be great for SF, but given the fact that SF/Shanny spreads the ball around, they have multiple WR coming back off injury AND just took Aiyuk in the first...

Is Deebos value at a peak? I love his talent but he was second fiddle to Kittle last year and now there’s even more mouths to feed.

Would you sell? And for how much?
I think your premise is faulty. On what are you basing the idea that Shanny spreads the ball around in an exceptional way?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

IZigUZag
Captain
Captain
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby IZigUZag » Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Deebo's peak was pre-draft when he was the presumed WR1 for that offense.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9453
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 16, 2020 2:05 pm

I would not sell a player because he isn't the #1, unless of course you can get a #1 option for him. Otherwise keep him.

hoos89
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3940
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby hoos89 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:56 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm
Deebo's peak was pre-draft when he was the presumed WR1 for that offense.
I think he still is the presumed WR1, not counting Kittle.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Wentz, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Haskins
Jacobs, Taylor, Conner, Michel, D. Harris, Love, McKinnon, Richard, Gaskin
DJ Moore, AJB, Sutton, Kupp, Aiyuk, Slayton, MVS, Dorsett, J. Gordon, Lee
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, Claypool, Bowden, G. Davis
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Ryan, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Fromm
CEH, Gurley, M. Brown, McKinnon, Ito, J. Jackson, Richard
Thomas, McLaurin, Jeudy, J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, Cooks, Watkins, R. Anderson, Beasley, Doctson, KeeSean, Treadwell, C. Johnson, Patterson, J. Reed
Hooper, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3732
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby bjd5211 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Deebo performed extremely well with Sanders there, it's not like Aiyuk is going to be significantly better than Sanders, especially right away. Kittle is the #1 receiving option in that offense anyway, so Deebo never was to begin with.

ekilla183
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby ekilla183 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:19 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:28 pm
ekilla183 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm
I love Deebo and think he’s going to be great for SF, but given the fact that SF/Shanny spreads the ball around, they have multiple WR coming back off injury AND just took Aiyuk in the first...

Is Deebos value at a peak? I love his talent but he was second fiddle to Kittle last year and now there’s even more mouths to feed.

Would you sell? And for how much?
I think your premise is faulty. On what are you basing the idea that Shanny spreads the ball around in an exceptional way?
That’s fair, I guess I used the wrong terminology. What I was getting at is that even if SF increases their pass volume from bottom 2 in the league (which I think they will), they still likely won’t be in the top 10 and Deebo will be at most the second target with a chance of going lower with more bodies in the fold now.
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Michel, Edmonds
WR: ARob, Sutton, Deebo, Fuller, N’Keal, Davis
TE: Andrews, Fant, Gronk

2020 Picks: 1.02, 1.03, 1.07, 2.02, 2.03

stoneghost28
Captain
Captain
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:23 pm

To me it depends entirely on what you could get for him. If you could pull a pick that could get you Jeudy/Lamb for him (and right now the DLF Analyzer says you should be able to) then I would do it without a second thought, but after that things get shaky, and I'd probably prefer to package him and a vet for a young prospect I consider more likely to evolve into a top 10-15 talent.

Needalife
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2626
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby Needalife » Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 pm

I would sell Deebo for 1.09 or earlier but I would see if I could get a little extra added. I'm not totally convinced Deebo is going to be consistent enough to be more than a mid-to-low WR2... still good, but this draft is loaded. If I could get 1.08/2.08, I would prob take that.
TEAM 1 - 12 TEAM PPR TE PREMIUM - 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 3 FX / 1 DL / 2 LB / 2 DB / 1 DFX
QB: Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford, Daniel Jones
RB: Joe Mixon, Miles Sanders, Darrell Henderson, Gio Bernard, Traveon Williams
WR: Amari Cooper, Courtland Suttion, Mike Williams, Parris Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, DaeSean Hamilton, Keke Coutee
TE: Hunter Henry, Dallas Goedert, Dawson Knox, Jonnu Smith, Ian Thomas, Jordan Thomas, Drew Sample
DL: Jason Pierre-Paul, Josh Allen
LB: Darius Leonard, Leighton Vander Esch, De'Vondre Campbell, Telvin Smith, Matt Milano
DB: Jordan Poyer, Tracy Walker, Tavon Wilson, Darnell Savage
2020 PICKS: 1.01, 1.07, 1.10, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01, 4.12
2021 PICKS: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

User avatar
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3699
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby Plank » Sat May 16, 2020 3:32 pm

I am still convinced he is a great X in this system, still fully expect a Garcon type level of production ..
@PlankMelody

ekilla183
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby ekilla183 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:05 pm
I would not sell a player because he isn't the #1, unless of course you can get a #1 option for him. Otherwise keep him.
I agree. So if you could get say 1.06 (Likely Ceedee) or a mid 2021 1st for Deebo and a small piece, would you?
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Michel, Edmonds
WR: ARob, Sutton, Deebo, Fuller, N’Keal, Davis
TE: Andrews, Fant, Gronk

2020 Picks: 1.02, 1.03, 1.07, 2.02, 2.03

IZigUZag
Captain
Captain
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby IZigUZag » Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:56 pm
IZigUZag wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm
Deebo's peak was pre-draft when he was the presumed WR1 for that offense.
I think he still is the presumed WR1, not counting Kittle.
Short term, yes.

But long term it's hard not to worry about the WR they just drafted in the 1st round and went so far as to call their WR1 and a guy they would've easily taken in the top 15.

hoos89
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3940
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby hoos89 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Did they call him the team's WR1 or their top WR in the 2020 class? Because those are two very different things. It's not like Deebo's draft capital is chump change...he went early 2nd and has an established role in that offense.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Wentz, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Haskins
Jacobs, Taylor, Conner, Michel, D. Harris, Love, McKinnon, Richard, Gaskin
DJ Moore, AJB, Sutton, Kupp, Aiyuk, Slayton, MVS, Dorsett, J. Gordon, Lee
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, Claypool, Bowden, G. Davis
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Ryan, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Fromm
CEH, Gurley, M. Brown, McKinnon, Ito, J. Jackson, Richard
Thomas, McLaurin, Jeudy, J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, Cooks, Watkins, R. Anderson, Beasley, Doctson, KeeSean, Treadwell, C. Johnson, Patterson, J. Reed
Hooper, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

IZigUZag
Captain
Captain
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Deebo...time to sell?

Postby IZigUZag » Sat May 16, 2020 5:42 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:06 pm
Did they call him the team's WR1 or their top WR in the 2020 class? Because those are two very different things. It's not like Deebo's draft capital is chump change...he went early 2nd and has an established role in that offense.
Right after the draft he said that if Kinlaw wasn't available at 13 they were going to take either Cee Dee Lamb or Brandon Aiyuk there; later on he clarified a bit and said he doesn't rank these receivers via number but thinks of them in a tier group -- where he had Aiyuk, (presumably) Lamb and one receiver he didn't specify at the top.

In private talks with Chris Simms he said
'Man, I think this guy is Isaac Bruce,'" Simms said on the Chris Simms Unbuttoned podcast, "and we had a conversation of, 'Would people think I'm crazy if I took Brandon Aiyuk at 13?' I said, 'Some might. But because of your track record, and if you say a statement like, "I think he could be Isaac Bruce," that will shut people up in a hurry.'
(worth noting that the intel they gathered thought Lamb, and Jeudy would both be gone by then).

Hard to tell how much of this is the typical fluff piece you hear about team X, loving player Y they drafted; but I don't recall him being as infatuated with Deebo last season (could've missed it, though)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cameron Giles, gunfrees and 9 guests