Which Non-1st Round WR Will Be The Steal of the 2020 Draft?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which WR (Not Drafted in the 1st Round)

Higgins
13%
Pittman
34%
Shenault
10%
Hamler
3%
Claypool
4%
V. Jefferson
5%
Bowden
1%
Mims
8%
Edwards
16%
Duvernay
1%
G. Davis
1%
Gandy-Golden
2%
T. Johnson
2%
Reed
No votes
The Field
1%

Total votes: 154

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Which Non-1st Round WR Will Be The Steal of the 2020 Draft?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 14, 2020 9:59 am

whodunnit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 am I gotta go with Pittman here. I think he has the best shot at a starting role and will perform well. Shenault is another one I'm drafting where I can and keeping my hopes higher than they should be. If he can stay healthy, the kid will be a solid contributor to not only his NFL team, but fantasy leagues as well.
Can't say Pittman has a better shot at a starting role than Mims. Both are pretty much wide open depth charts. TY is an outside WR and Crowder is slot. Those are the best WR's on their respective teams. Mims has only Perriman to compete with on the outside, of note/ So I'd say Mims has an easier path to work on the outside vs Pittman. Both should likely start, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu May 14, 2020 11:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:59 am
whodunnit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 am I gotta go with Pittman here. I think he has the best shot at a starting role and will perform well. Shenault is another one I'm drafting where I can and keeping my hopes higher than they should be. If he can stay healthy, the kid will be a solid contributor to not only his NFL team, but fantasy leagues as well.
Can't say Pittman has a better shot at a starting role than Mims. Both are pretty much wide open depth charts. TY is an outside WR and Crowder is slot. Those are the best WR's on their respective teams. Mims has only Perriman to compete with on the outside, of note/ So I'd say Mims has an easier path to work on the outside vs Pittman. Both should likely start, though.
Maybe I worded this poorly, but "and will perform well" was grouped in with "starting role" meaning, I think he will maximize his opportunity better. My bad.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 14, 2020 11:20 am

whodunnit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:12 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:59 am
Maybe I worded this poorly, but "and will perform well" was grouped in with "starting role" meaning, I think he will maximize his opportunity better. My bad.
Ah, all good. I think both are in great spots, I think Mims has the likeliest shot at commanding a lot of targets because he doesn't have a guy like TY on the opposite side. Really like both players.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:36 am

Pittman is the one I want the most out of this list, and it’s not close for me. I have him right behind the big 3 and Jefferson, and right next to Reagor. Ahead of Higgins.

Now the guy that I want to target in my last round of a rookie draft? Joe Reed. Good mover on the field, good size, decent draft capital, and I don’t hate the landing spot one bit. Could earn the WR3 job this season.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Big time CU Buffs homer here, so I voted with my heart and chose Shenault. Setting personal bias aside, I’d probably say Mims. Love his athletic profile and he landed in a spot where he could immediately become the target leader, as long as he doesn’t fall victim to the Gase chamber.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:33 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:25 am
jenkins.math wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:23 am I viewed this through the lens of fantasy draft value as well so I took KJ Hamler. That guy isn't being talked about at all and has a good breakout age and draft capital.
Been talking up Hamler since during the season. He has some overlap with Tyler Lockett in terms of skillset and value (Lockett was going in late 2nd-3rd round during his rookie class).

He has some issues with drops, but he's a good player. He's not walking into a great situation in terms of pecking order, but according to Mizelle ADP, you can get him at 3.03. Awesome value for a player who produced well in college and was selected in the Top 50.
I'm taking Hamler if he's available at 3.02. 5 picks to go until then. Outside of size and situation, he checks nearly all the boxes.
Snagged him at 4.6 and was happy for sure..

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Anyone like Devin Duvernay at all?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 pm

zeeshan2 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:37 pm Anyone like Devin Duvernay at all?
Not really. Love passing volume offense, and he did nothing until his senior year. Guys like that are usually a low probability of hitting.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm

Higgins - I'm a big metrics / advanced stats guy myself, but his tape is elite and he's tied to Burrow. WR room could look much more opportunistic if / when Green and Ross leave after this year.

Pittman - love the player, decent short-term situation but I worry about this offense over the next few years.

Mims - more great film, weak analytic profile. Great opportunity to establish himself as his team's #1 early in his career.

Jefferson - his draft capital gets overlooked as does his outlook in 2021 and beyond. His game reminded me of Woods & Kupp (and reminded the Rams too), and I think there's a good chance one of those 2 isn't back after this season - Kupp is a free agent and Woods has an easy out (Rams are in cap hell).

Shenault - drafting him is betting on his 2018 talent and improved health. Don't love the situation and don't think his play style will allow him to stay healthy.

Edwards - betting on his strong analytics profile in a suddenly crowded pass-catching room.

Hamler - love the player, hate the situation.

Claypool - don't love him as a big WR, but take a shot that Washington and JuJu leave after this year.

Duvernay - something like 80% of Jackson's TD passes went to the slot last year, where Duvernay should primarily line up.

Everyone else
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri May 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Tyler Johnson. I feel like people slept on this guy. Watch his tape! He should be wr3 in TB and will always see easy coverage. Higher floor, lower short term ceiling.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 15, 2020 5:47 pm

JFever wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:28 pm Tyler Johnson. I feel like people slept on this guy. Watch his tape! He should be wr3 in TB and will always see easy coverage. Higher floor, lower short term ceiling.
I came away feeling "meh", with his tape. So did the NFL, obviously. I just don't see a path to targets. Gronk will be the third option in that passing game, so he's 4th option at best. 5th in all likelihood after the RB's. I feel like this may be a Minnesota homer post. :lol:

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 pm
zeeshan2 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:37 pm Anyone like Devin Duvernay at all?
Not really. Love passing volume offense, and he did nothing until his senior year. Guys like that are usually a low probability of hitting.
I like Duvernay. Good hands and speed and Harbaugh was ecstatic to get him. Just bought him for a ‘21 third.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri May 15, 2020 7:13 pm

It's gotta be Pittman ... and not even close TBH. Too bad I don't own him anywhere. Hoping Edwards is second best.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 15, 2020 7:18 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:13 pm It's gotta be Pittman ... and not even close TBH. Too bad I don't own him anywhere. Hoping Edwards is second best.
Curios to why? I see it as Mims and not even close. I trust Darnold more at this stage compared to Rivers. I think the Colts are going to run a ton. Mims has the clearest path to number 1 targets based on depth charts IMO. I have Pittman at 2 or 3.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 pm

A case can be made for all of these guys; so the best value is likely to be the one going the latest that hits.

In my drafts, personally, those 3 are: Aiyuk, Shenault, Edwards all of which have repeatedly slipped to the late 2nd/early 3rd round (although all 3 of them have gone in the early 2nd as well)