General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 vs 2021 Class

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed May 06, 2020 6:31 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:25 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:14 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 pm Lawrence is going to be a three season starter with prototypical size and functional mobility, who will start his NFL career at age 21. He's posted one of the best true freshman and of of the best true sophomore seasons of all time. Dude has been the #1 overall player since high school. He absolutely belongs in the Luck/Manning/Elway conversation as a prospect.

This doesn't mean he's some sort of lock to be Andrew Luck- Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota were both phenomal prospects. It just means that by every manner in which we can evaluate a QB prospect, Lawrence is elite.
He's actually taller than prototypical size. 6 ft 6 isn't prototypical. In fact, the tallest QB in the HOF is 6 ft 4. I don't see it with Lawrence until he can display better accuracy and deal with pressure better. Perhaps this year will be the year. He may be considered an elite prospect, and in terms of what you said, he should, but I think he needs to improve in key areas to live up to that billing, or he will be a disappointment to the expectations.
100%

Him and Fields both need to improve in a lot of areas before they live up to the hype they're garnering at the moment.

As things currently stand, I'd probably rather have Trey Lance and Jack Abraham over Fields; and currently Burrows/Tua/Lawrence in the same tier.
Every single high-end quarterback prospect needs to improve to live up to the hype. None of them are good enough as-is. Lawrence has the qualities (young age entering the league, 3 years as a starter, high end adjusted yards per attempt, functional mobility) of a prospect who lives up to that hype.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Hankybro21 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:42 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:04 pm 2021 on paper looks solid. WR is good again with Chase, Ross, Moore, Bateman, Smith, Waddle, Wallace. Etienne and Harris lead the RBs. QBs are very promising with Lawrence and Fields.
Where do you put Lawrence and Fields compared to burrow and tua?
Lawrence may be the most recruited QB ever. He has been considered a Phenom by virtually every scout and coach in the USA since he started Varsity in the 9th grade in High school.

He is is lock 1.1 NFL Pick. Burrow had a great year for sure but he has had 1 great year. Lawrence has been stringing them together for years.

These two aren't close in overall talent. Burrow is very good but Lawrence is considered a once in a generation talent.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Ice wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:47 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:04 pm 2021 on paper looks solid. WR is good again with Chase, Ross, Moore, Bateman, Smith, Waddle, Wallace. Etienne and Harris lead the RBs. QBs are very promising with Lawrence and Fields.
Lawrence may be the most recruited QB ever. He has been considered a Phenom by virtually every scout and coach in the USA since he started Varsity in the 9th grade in High school.

He is is lock 1.1 NFL Pick. Burrow had a great year for sure but he has had 1 great year. Lawrence has been stringing them together for years.

These two aren't close in overall talent. Burrow is very good but Lawrence is considered a once in a generation talent.
Which he won't live up to. :wink: He's not accurate enough and really loses accuracy under pressure. That might be correctable, it might not be.

BTW, Lawrence did not have a great year last year. He was very streaky, and ended it with a complete dud.

With Lawrence, it's about projection. He is projected to have a really high ceiling. Burrow is clearly the better player right now, but Lawrence is a lot younger. All jokes aside, I feel for him to live up to the hype, he needs to improve accuracy and his play under pressure.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed May 06, 2020 7:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Which he won't live up to. :wink: He's not accurate enough and folds under pressure.
... 20/32 for 347 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs against an undefeated Alabama team with 7 NFL players starting in defense (so far) as a true freshman.

Jesus, FF, did this guy bleep your wife?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Which he won't live up to. :wink: He's not accurate enough and really loses accuracy under pressure. That might be correctable, it might not be.

BTW, Lawrence did not have a great year last year. He was very streaky, and ended it with a complete dud.

With Lawrence, it's about projection. He is projected to have a really high ceiling. Burrow is clearly the better player right now, but Lawrence is a lot younger. All jokes aside, I feel for him to live up to the hype, he needs to improve accuracy and his play under pressure.
Regardless of what you think I will bet you pretty much any amount you like he will be the top player selected next year baring injury.

How many Games has he lost in college........ ONE
41 Game winning streak in High School.
Read somewhere he is 70 of his last 71 games.

Clemson Stats:

527 of 804 65.5% 6945 yards 66 TD's 12 Picks.
And for good measure
165 rushing attempts 728 yards and 10 more TD's.

You're spreading Fake News! This kid is a BEAST!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Ice wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Regardless of what you think I will bet you pretty much any amount you like he will be the top player selected next year baring injury.

How many Games has he lost in college........ ONE
41 Game winning streak in High School.
Read somewhere he is 70 of his last 71 games.

Clemson Stats:

527 of 804 65.5% 6945 yards 66 TD's 12 Picks.
And for good measure
165 rushing attempts 728 yards and 10 more TD's.

You're spreading Fake News! This kid is a BEAST!
I think he will go 1. I also think he needs to improve in 2 very key areas to live up to the billing. We shall see. Last game I saw him play he flat out stunk. :wink:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:54 pm

Can we give the kid a junior year first? Talking to covid of course, none of you strange folk ;)

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:13 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:54 pm Can we give the kid a junior year first? Talking to covid of course, none of you strange folk ;)
Man I hope. I have the very very likely 2021 1.01 for my SF league so I really need him (and fields) to play and come out
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 07, 2020 2:51 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Which he won't live up to. :wink: He's not accurate enough and folds under pressure.
... 20/32 for 347 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs against an undefeated Alabama team with 7 NFL players starting in defense (so far) as a true freshman.

Jesus, FF, did this guy bleep your wife?
He had a great game as freshman in the finals, no doubt. Did you watch him vs LSU? He was terrible. I've never seen so many bad throws in 1 game in my life from an "elite/generational" prospect. I didn't say he isn't good, I just think he's over rated and over hyped. I question his ability to be an elite level NFL QB. I need to see him improve in 2 areas to believe that. That's it. If he does, I'm on board. If not, I think he'll disappoint the billing.

Lawrence had an amazing freshman year. Not so much as a sophomore in comparison to how he should have developed. By comparison, Tua's sophomore year was better, for instance. I am eager to see how he does as a Junior, maybe he will vault up into that elite echelon of college production and have a season that some of the other top prospects recently have had. If he does, I'll change my tune.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 07, 2020 3:38 am

Tua had the best second season of all time though. There are still only like 5 true sophomore/RS freshman seasons better than Lawrence’s year last year. I think you’re placing too much weight on his performance against a team that just had 6 guys from their drafted with more to come. Joe Burrow’s age 21-22 season was full of games like that!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 07, 2020 3:54 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:38 am Tua had the best second season of all time though. There are still only like 5 true sophomore/RS freshman seasons better than Lawrence’s year last year. I think you’re placing too much weight on his performance against a team that just had 6 guys from their drafted with more to come. Joe Burrow’s age 21-22 season was full of games like that!
Sure, but I still see accuracy and pressure issues. Again, it's projection. IF Lawrence improves, he can be an elite NFL QB IMO. If he doesn't, he won't. He's still the clear 1.01 next year at this point.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 am

It's fine FF, you once dismissed Burrow as "not accurate enough" when it was suggested he had surpassed Tua (before the hip injury) as the #1 QB and pick in the draft. You were clearly wrong then and you are now.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:54 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:38 am Tua had the best second season of all time though. There are still only like 5 true sophomore/RS freshman seasons better than Lawrence’s year last year. I think you’re placing too much weight on his performance against a team that just had 6 guys from their drafted with more to come. Joe Burrow’s age 21-22 season was full of games like that!
Sure, but I still see accuracy and pressure issues. Again, it's projection. IF Lawrence improves, he can be an elite NFL QB IMO. If he doesn't, he won't. He's still the clear 1.01 next year at this point.
Saying “if prospect X improves he can be an elite NFL QB” is a statement without any real meaning. Every single college prospect needs to improve to be an elite NFL QB. Luck, Manning, and Elway all needed to improve from what they were as a 20 year old to become elite NFL QBs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 07, 2020 5:43 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 am It's fine FF, you once dismissed Burrow as "not accurate enough" when it was suggested he had surpassed Tua (before the hip injury) as the #1 QB and pick in the draft. You were clearly wrong then and you are now.
I can't be wrong now. I'm saying something about the future. Also, saying you think somebody is overrated is subjective, so it's not wrong. To be honest, I had watched very little of Burrow this year when I made that comment, if I did, so it was not one of my better takes. I quickly corrected it after watching him more. I have watched much more of Lawrence. I'm simply saying he's not pre destined for NFL greatness, and has a ways to go to accomplish it, not that he won't or can't. I think his sophomore year was disappointing from what I was expecting. I was as high as everyone else on him after his freshman year.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu May 07, 2020 6:21 am

Lawrence did not have a great year last year, he left a lot to be desired. I think his Freshman year and the expectations moving in, were just too high. Either way, he is almost a lock for 1.01 in 2021, so it will be interesting to see who tanks well enough to grab him. My guess is Jax.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry