New Heights of Rookie Fever

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Re: New Heights of Rookie Fever

Postby MattDeezy » Mon May 04, 2020 1:42 pm

In regards to OBJ, he still up 1,000 yds on a new team and offense in a year when Mayfield hit a sophomore slump, for the Browns (adding additional benefit of the doubt).
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Mon May 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Valuations are higher than most years but the talent justifies it to a degree. The RB talent available in this draft vs ‘19 and ‘21 is probably what’s causing it.

If you don’t have the picks at this point, I think best strategy is wait until October/November when WRs haven’t done much and RBs are probably still in mild time shares. Now is not the time to buy picks. I’d like to get Lamb at some point but feel like there will be a buying window after a couple 30-40 yard games to start his career (I hope lol)
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon May 04, 2020 2:05 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:51 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:15 am
dynastyninja wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:52 am

It's a darn good class. I'd love to get in, but not with what it costs.
I'm legitimately curious to know what the cost is in your league. I have a bunch of picks but our draft isn't until July 1 and our league hasn't really started sending offers yet.
I've been trying to turn a WR into an RB, which has proved impossible. Most of these trades I'd never do in a vacuum, but my roster construction is such that I'd like to shift some production from WR to RB. Some notable offers I've made:

OBJ for 1.05
Thielen for 1.06
OBJ/Russ/Cohen for 1.01
ARob/Conner for 1.02
OBJ/Conner for 1.02
Ahh, I see here. Yea, you came hard but that's not enough for me to move off these RBs. This is more my Dynasty philosophy, but trading an older elite WR for an elite RB prospect.. is no bueno. I realize that I might be in the minority here, but an elite WR is the most overrated asset in Dynasty. Delta between an RB1/RB2/RB3 is significantly higher than WR1/WR2/WR3. When you remove youth from the the equation, it just doesn't make sense when the only thing WR's have on RBs is theoretical longevity.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:10 pm

Portsmouth Spartans wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:43 pm Valuations are higher than most years but the talent justifies it to a degree. The RB talent available in this draft vs ‘19 and ‘21 is probably what’s causing it.

If you don’t have the picks at this point, I think best strategy is wait until October/November when WRs haven’t done much and RBs are probably still in mild time shares. Now is not the time to buy picks. I’d like to get Lamb at some point but feel like there will be a buying window after a couple 30-40 yard games to start his career (I hope lol)
I see a lot of people saying this, buy rookies when they aren’t doing anything. I’m in a few leagues and no one sells a high drafted rookie after a few games lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon May 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Portsmouth Spartans wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:43 pm Valuations are higher than most years but the talent justifies it to a degree. The RB talent available in this draft vs ‘19 and ‘21 is probably what’s causing it.

I think with Lamb going to Dallas, the owner is going to be pretty patient with Cooper and Gallup ahead of him to start the year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon May 04, 2020 2:12 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:10 pm

I see a lot of people saying this, buy rookies when they aren’t doing anything. I’m in a few leagues and no one sells a high drafted rookie after a few games lol
They're not going to go dirt cheap, but some impatient owners do sell low; I saw quite a few Miles Sanders trades for a late 1st + when he was struggling earlier in the season.

Good luck grabbing him for that price tag now :lol:

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon May 04, 2020 2:22 pm

I think deep down most seasoned players realize the hit rate for rookies is around 50%. They just think they are in the positive 50%,with their picks and valuations. Not that having confidence in your projections is a bad thing.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon May 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Friction wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:22 pm I think deep down most seasoned players realize the hit rate for rookies is around 50%. They just think they are in the positive 50%,with their picks and valuations. Not that having confidence in your projections is a bad thing.
heh, Shenault is probably a target for me but I don't see how anyone could have confidence in predicting what he will be in the NFL. Any of the lesser RBs in "good situations" could be Jordan Howard or they could be nothing. In 1 QB, anything 1.07-late 2nd is probably overrated and I am shopping all these picks for "young veterans." The Mark Andrews deal is a great example.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue May 05, 2020 2:14 am

Fully agree that rookie fever is a bit crazy this year.

I've tried to sell kittle in 2 different te premium leagues where I have depth at TE (one sf one 1qb) and I was offered the 1.11 straight up and the 1.09 straight up (twice) by three different owners. Again, TE premium. Ludicrous.

In another league i saw the 2.11 go for a 2022 first. Admittedly there were a few guys available that probably should have gone a couple of picks earlier, and I know the first is 2 years out and all, but I feel like that's a lot more value than I've seen a pick that late go for in the past.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 05, 2020 3:04 am

To me, the time to acquire these rookies (if you don't have the picks already), is in season, or next year, when they disappoint. Uphill battle with reduced off season activities, the time to buy isn't now IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Tue May 05, 2020 4:15 am

Depends on the situation and player. Last year AJB could’ve been had up until late November due to his bad landing spot. Hell, I was fishing for offers for my Sanders after his disappointing September. Im not saying guys like Taylor or CEH will be available but I could see contenders getting impatient with Lamb, Jeudy, Swift if they’re in win-now mode. I don’t think they’ll be cheap,but there will be rookies available to trade for at a lower price than their draft slot right now.
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 05, 2020 5:06 am

You would be surprised. Some people are very reactionary and will sell if immediate production isn't happening.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am

Portsmouth Spartans wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:15 am

Depends on the situation and player. Last year AJB could’ve been had up until late November due to his bad landing spot. Hell, I was fishing for offers for my Sanders after his disappointing September. Im not saying guys like Taylor or CEH will be available but I could see contenders getting impatient with Lamb, Jeudy, Swift if they’re in win-now mode. I don’t think they’ll be cheap,but there will be rookies available to trade for at a lower price than their draft slot right now.
Jeudy’s situation couldn’t be much better for early production. Shurmur feeds the slot and Jeudy is probably the best receiver he’s had for that role.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 05, 2020 5:30 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am
Portsmouth Spartans wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:15 am

Jeudy’s situation couldn’t be much better for early production. Shurmur feeds the slot and Jeudy is probably the best receiver he’s had for that role.
Except his QB situation isn't ideal, and they probably plan on running a lot, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:04 am

MattDeezy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:42 pm In regards to OBJ, he still up 1,000 yds on a new team and offense in a year when Mayfield hit a sophomore slump, for the Browns (adding additional benefit of the doubt).
Is that the standard were holding the once top start up dynast WR too, I mean Robert woods has been quietly out producing him last 2 seasons.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh