General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: The Red Rifle Thread: Dalton Starting in Chicago

Postby thebeast » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:12 am
Hottoddies wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:59 am
thebeast wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:08 pm Hey guys, my view is Dalton is a roster clogger in 1qb leagues. He may have a few weeks of value in super flex. He will likely be replaced by a rookie by year end. There is no chance that Pace and Naggy, who are in the hot seat, leave their fate in the hands of Dalton all year.
Chicago has the 20th pick in the first round. They are not drafting a QB with the ability to start this year. If they value their jobs, Dalton will be the starter all year.
Oh, wow. I didn’t know that they aren’t allowed to make any trades or sign anyone else. Thanks for the eye opener. In any case, if you’re correct then Pace and Naggy will both be looking for new jobs by 2022.
Hey, look at that, they traded up. Who could have seen this coming?

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:48 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:59 am

Chicago has the 20th pick in the first round. They are not drafting a QB with the ability to start this year. If they value their jobs, Dalton will be the starter all year.
Oh, wow. I didn’t know that they aren’t allowed to make any trades or sign anyone else. Thanks for the eye opener. In any case, if you’re correct then Pace and Naggy will both be looking for new jobs by 2022.
I have to say that this crow is tasting pretty good once you add a grain of salt to it.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:48 pm
thebeast wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm
I have to say that this crow is tasting pretty good once you add a grain of salt to it.
I'm not necessarily sold Fields is starter ready, but I guess Chicago thinks he will be

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: The Red Rifle Thread: Dalton Short Leash in Chicago

Postby thebeast » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:29 pm

^ personally I think fields is the second best QB in this draft and closer to Lawrence than to any of the other QBs (like I think he’s in a tier with Lawrence). So while I think the Bears paid a lot for the 1th pick, I also think they got a steal on the player.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:29 pm ^ personally I think fields is the second best QB in this draft and closer to Lawrence than to any of the other QBs (like I think he’s in a tier with Lawrence). So while I think the Bears paid a lot for the 1th pick, I also think they got a steal on the player.
Don't get me wrong, most QB aren't ready to be an NFL starter. I also love Fields. I have the 1.03 in a 2QB league and will happily take Fields or Lance

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 am

Looks like dalton is going to have to come out of the gate strong. One year to prove he's an NFL starter and then it's off to denver or washington.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:40 am

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 am Looks like dalton is going to have to come out of the gate strong. One year to prove he's an NFL starter and then it's off to denver or washington.
Don't think he will get a year. Nagy and pace are on the hot seat and will have incredible pressure to start the guy they just bet the farm on. Moving to fields may buy them another season.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:10 am

I'm worried Pace and Nagy are a part of the problem of Chicago being not good (don't think I'm alone on this either). Fields may win them enough games that they don't lose their jobs and then the whole team is just stuck in mediocrity. So overall, while I like Fields, I'm just not optimistic on his future with that team unless they make some front office changes.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sat May 01, 2021 2:19 pm

I think Fields > Lawrence, but the Bears landing spot doesn't inspire confidence.
Last edited by Shankopotamus on Sat May 01, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat May 01, 2021 2:37 pm

dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:10 am I'm worried Pace and Nagy are a part of the problem of Chicago being not good (don't think I'm alone on this either). Fields may win them enough games that they don't lose their jobs and then the whole team is just stuck in mediocrity. So overall, while I like Fields, I'm just not optimistic on his future with that team unless they make some front office changes.
Why?

Overall the last 4 years the Bears have been one of the better drafting teams in the NFL. They got the formula right with the Mack trade and stacking their contracts to go all in on their rookie QB deal and put together a legitimately talented team--getting Arob on the dip after some down years in JAX (while the Chiefs signed Watkins for more money) and a great defense

They just chose the wrong QB--hilariously wrong QB, hence the whole thing blew up

Nagy has done the hardest thing in football in win and make the playoffs with horrible QB play

They aren't great but there aren't awful either IMO