2020 Plant your flag

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2020 Plant your flag

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:19 pm

honestly i think Brees can get back in good graces if he wants too...people are hurt because like you said "Brees is a good guy" and he's well respected by most BLACK athletes/fans. Brees is a guy that i can see changing this...he really is a leader. It's going to take a lot of action and Brees can do it. I think Brees is such a good guy MT wanted to give him a pass on it EVEN though MT was very hurt just like alot of people.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 pm

I'd be concerned about the oline (which is mostly black) letting Brees get creamed. That would be bad for basically all Saints fantasy production.

Edit to fix auto correct.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:43 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:07 pm

I am beginning to doubt that. It's going to get worse IMO. I think Brees has burned some bridges with his teammates. They may hug it out, but I have my doubts they'll ever see him the same way.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/stat ... 5074694144
bridges definitely burned...even E Sanders who is new to the team called Brees Ignorant. Kamara said something too. Looks like Jared Cook will lead them in recs this year! Im planting my flag here now!

Jared Cook 110 recs 1200 yds 10 tds!
Brees should have retired. He's destroyed the reputation of a 20 year career. He'll be viewed as a great QB, but his reputation is now tarnished. Really too bad. The 4 minute version really hits home. He's crying through most of it. Too bad. Brees is a good guy, but he's not going to be viewed the same way by a lot of people, now.
Yeah just like Brady’s reputation was ruined by solid rumors of which candidate he supported in 2016. Oh wait

Brees said he disagreed with some methods of protest.

I don’t completely agree (or completely disagree) and he certainly chose the wrong time to say it IMO but this will not even come close to ruining his career or legacy regardless of how it blows up, especially after he apologizes publically in a day and talks it out with teammates

It’s not like no one has ever worked with people who don’t 100% agree politcally with themselves

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:27 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:43 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm
bridges definitely burned...even E Sanders who is new to the team called Brees Ignorant. Kamara said something too. Looks like Jared Cook will lead them in recs this year! Im planting my flag here now!

Jared Cook 110 recs 1200 yds 10 tds!
Brees should have retired. He's destroyed the reputation of a 20 year career. He'll be viewed as a great QB, but his reputation is now tarnished. Really too bad. The 4 minute version really hits home. He's crying through most of it. Too bad. Brees is a good guy, but he's not going to be viewed the same way by a lot of people, now.
Yeah just like Brady’s reputation was ruined by solid rumors of which candidate he supported in 2016. Oh wait

Brees said he disagreed with some methods of protest.

I don’t completely agree (or completely disagree) and he certainly chose the wrong time to say it IMO but this will not even come close to ruining his career or legacy regardless of how it blows up, especially after he apologizes publically in a day and talks it out with teammates

It’s not like no one has ever worked with people who don’t 100% agree politcally with themselves
This isn't the same thing. He's burned some bridges here. I'm not saying his rep is destroyed, but it's never going to be what it was. They will talk it out enough to play football together, I'd assume, but it's just not going to be the same. This one cut deep. As you said, the timing was the worst, but that's why they are so upset. Brees knows what's going on, and still said that, and to a lot of players, he took a stance that they feel was not needed to be taken in the here and now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 pm

This is so stupid. Some poor black guy gets killed by the police and nfl players are arguing about whether to stand or kneel during a song. America is one screwed up country.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:45 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Yikes. That first practice is gonna be awkward...sounds like Brees has a strong opinion on the subject, but I don't see MT backing down on his stance. Could see it having a minor effect even if solved, but potentially more if it's left to fester and build.

Ideally, they'd chat on the phone today and quash it between one another, but if they both have too much pride, personality conflict molehills can turn into mountains fairly easily.
One of the first things that came my mind (besides the obvious) is that MT went on social media to air his feelings, as opposed to at least attempting to call/text Brees, hash it out man to man. Maybe that is on Brees moreso than MT. Might mean nothing, but maybe their bond is not there, because it sure is on thd field. For fantasy purposes, it in no way is encouraging for this coming season. Professionals have managed to get through worse situations with teammates and do have a job to do. Lucky for us, we get to hear about it from every media outlet for the next 100 days!
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:44 am

I’m not sure what you guys are talking about with Brees not throwing to MT or Sanders or whatnot and the O-Line letting Brees get creamed. Do you think Roethlisberger’s teammates don’t know what a trash person he is? These people are professionals and while it may impact their camaraderie, I don’t think it’s going to be a massive impact on any one players stats, even if they don’t work things out in the end.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:23 am

Friction wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:45 am One of the first things that came my mind (besides the obvious) is that MT went on social media to air his feelings, as opposed to at least attempting to call/text Brees, hash it out man to man. Maybe that is on Brees moreso than MT. Might mean nothing, but maybe their bond is not there, because it sure is on thd field.
Lets be fair to MT and the countless other NFL players who have since called Brees out - none of them went on a talkshow to express an extremely divisive/tone-deaf opinion on protesting during the most charged period of protests since the 1992 Rodney King race riots.

He has had literal years to understand from his fellow players that Kaep kneeling is not and was never about the flag, nor the troops. It's about non-violent protest of police brutality, which is still going on. Now is not the time for a white man to attempt to define his view of that distinction on a national platform, let alone his personal one. Now is a time for listening. If other players thought they could change his mind on this, then perhaps they would have reached out, man to man.

But they didn't go to the media first - that was Drew. They went to their social media, their platforms - to respond, and to educate.

I'll leave that last part to his teammate, Malcolm Jenkins. If you want to understand, you just have to listen.
https://twitter.com/MalcolmJenkins/stat ... 81312?s=20

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 am

He's just apologized and said he will need to "say less, listen more" (or something along those lines).

I'll plant my flag and say this won't be an issue come season. At all.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 am

Planting my flag: IF there are no fans in stadiums, we’ll see a decline in controversial officiating calls.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am

People ALWAYS massively overvalue how much teammates have to like each other to produce on the field.

LOL at the idea of Saints linemen just letting pass rushers by them because of this.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 am He's just apologized and said he will need to "say less, listen more" (or something along those lines).

x2 gotta love the reactionary posts though

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:10 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 am He's just apologized and said he will need to "say less, listen more" (or something along those lines).

x2 gotta love the reactionary posts though
yes you have to love it

but yeah...
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Csl312 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 pm I'd be concerned about the oline (which is mostly black) letting Brees get creamed. That would be bad for basically all Saints fantasy production.

Edit to fix auto correct.
Ive seen a lot of ridiculous comments on this forum. Ones about Damien Williams being THE RB1, we had a constant troll on here all of last summer named Turco, etc etc. This one is right up there with them. Congratulations. These guys are professionals who want to get paid, they are not going to intentionally give up a sack over this. I in fact have hope that this will lead to a discussion and brees will learn some things, if he can then we all can.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 am

Yeah I get it that sounds crazy. But I didn't mean they are just going to stand up. It's not like there have ever been rumors about linemen upset with a QB letting a few plays break down.

Look I think people aren't putting this into proper perspective. This isn't just a political issue or something. These guys are looking at this as about human lives. I don't think it's completely out of the question that they put that cause above winning for a game or two.

That said most likely Brees apology will smooth things over for most players and they will move on.