fantasy impact of coronavirus

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby jordanzs » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:12 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:32 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:23 pm It’s the FB so most likely anybody of fantasy consequence interacted with him. Why tf can’t these idiots just socially distance, wear masks, and not go out? Bro you guys make hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions. How about being responsible and protecting your team and yourself from infection? My god
Who knows what the cause was, too soon to speculate

I read the NFL has been "willing to create 32 local bubbles" where all players and staff isolate at all times, but that the NFLPA wouldn't allow that at all. No idea if it's true. I'd guess we are either headed for that or for a shortened season.
Players should have a work bubble & a home bubble. Families can home-school and order costco delivery. These players are being paid good money to play, why not keep yourself virus free until you're eliminated from the playoffs at the end of December.

If I was an NFL player, I would do that. And i would be pissed at my teammates or coaching staff for letting us down.

Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Londondynasty » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:14 am

Are people gambling on playing any chiefs/Pats?

I have several shares of Kelce.

In one league I can start Hock instead and am considering it.

In another I have Hurst so am going to wait that out until tomorrow.

In another I have CEH and Hill. Thinking of starting Rojo and Chark today, but gives me quite a hit...
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:38 am

Londondynasty wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:14 am Are people gambling on playing any chiefs/Pats?

I have several shares of Kelce.

In one league I can start Hock instead and am considering it.

In another I have Hurst so am going to wait that out until tomorrow.

In another I have CEH and Hill. Thinking of starting Rojo and Chark today, but gives me quite a hit...
DET/NO is now in the nearly the same situation. A NO FB tested positive and now Kamara is at risk pending testing.

This is the email I sent out a few hours ago to my league:
In the event that the KC/NE and/or NO/DET game(s) scheduled for week 4 were to be postponed to a later week, designated players as listed in the thread at the (league) Message Board will be substituted into your lineup and the scores rerun after all substitutions are made. Please post designated substitutes in a response below to the thread. Multiple designations should be made in one response.

emails sent to xxxxxxxx@msn.com will also be allowed and accepted the same as posts at the message board.

If you decide to change and use a different player as a designated substitute, please make a new post with those changes and only the changes. Don’t repost previous designations that have not changed. Each post will have a time stamp, and posts or emails submitted after the designated substitute’s game has started will lock that player into the lineup, and future changes will not be allowed. The last time stamped post or email prior to a designated substitute being locked is the player that will be substituted.

Designated substitutes should be listed by position and then the KC/NE and/or NO/DET player currently in your lineup and the designated substitutes’s name. ie:

QB Tony Eason, Kenny Stabler
LB Willie Lanier, Ray Nitschke

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:39 am

Schefter was just on ESPN saying all NO re tests came back negative this morning including the FB who tested positive yesterday. Play ball!

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:41 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:39 am Schefter was just on ESPN saying all NO re tests came back negative this morning including the FB who tested positive yesterday. Play ball!
TG

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:43 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:38 am
Designated substitutes should be listed by position and then the KC/NE and/or NO/DET player currently in your lineup and the designated substitutes’s name. ie:

QB Tony Eason, Kenny Stabler
LB Willie Lanier, Ray Nitschke
You still holding out hope for Eason huh? He’s never gonna return the value we all expected, bout time you let him go.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:41 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:39 am Schefter was just on ESPN saying all NO re tests came back negative this morning including the FB who tested positive yesterday. Play ball!
TG
I know if I lose Kamara/Hockenson this week I would miss out on a big division game that I need to win this week.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 am

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 am https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 4130530315

2 more positives in Tennessee.
Not sure that the week 5 game is going to happen at this point. And if it does they likely won't be prepared. If they have no more negatives the earliest they can practice is Wednesday even at this point.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 am https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 4130530315

2 more positives in Tennessee.
Not sure that the week 5 game is going to happen at this point. And if it does they likely won't be prepared. If they have no more negatives the earliest they can practice is Wednesday even at this point.
Teams don't typically practice until Wednesday anyway on game weeks, but ya the facilities being closed Monday and Tuesday is not ideal.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:22 am

The NFL will finish the season one way or another. There is too much money on the line and too many greedy owners.

But for fantasy, weird rescheduling is going to be a nightmare. I honestly think there's a possibility that some games are just skipped altogether.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:47 am

In my large team and shallow roster leagues, I'm allowing teams to designate a backup player (ie 32 team single player copy and 16 team 32 man rosters -idp start 16) in my more typical 16 and 12 teams 45 and 53 man idp (start 19, 5 idp positions) I expanded rosters by 2 and had a waiver run at 6 am this morning. Those 2, for those who needed to add a player to field a complete team will be dropped from rosters on Tuesday.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:50 am

millworkguy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:47 am In my large team and shallow roster leagues, I'm allowing teams to designate a backup player (ie 32 team single player copy and 16 team 32 man rosters -idp start 16) in my more typical 16 and 12 teams 45 and 53 man idp (start 19, 5 idp positions) I expanded rosters by 2 and had a waiver run at 6 am this morning. Those 2, for those who needed to add a player to field a complete team will be dropped from rosters on Tuesday.
We're doing this sort of thing as well
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:54 am

jordanzs wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:12 am
If I was an NFL player, I would do that. And i would be pissed at my teammates or coaching staff for letting us down.
You mean, if you where a single 24 year old multi millionaire who everyone wants to be around, you would stay at home, alone?

Or will you go on believing your invincible and as one of the few who makes it to the nfl, this will not happen to you either.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:26 am

Are they sure today's test wasn't a false negative though? I know these tests aren't very accurate. Just thinking out loud