Devonta Freeman Thread: Here we go ...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Devonta Freeman Thread: Here we go ...

Postby Risky bidness » Sat May 10, 2014 11:04 am

Sjax has one foot out the door IMO. ADP should fly up the board. Great landing spot. Pumped I got him at 1.12 this morning.

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Re: Devonta Freeman to ATL

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Sat May 10, 2014 11:49 am

A candidate to get massively overdrafted now. Very happy as that means someone with more talent could well fall to me.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat May 10, 2014 11:59 am

WelkerTexasRanger wrote:A candidate to get massively overdrafted now. Very happy as that means someone with more talent could well fall to me.
Situation is half the battle with RB's. I believe that talent means everything when it comes to WR's, but situation is more important than talent when it comes to RB's. Put an average RB in a great situation and he'll produce good numbers. Put a good RB in a bad situation and he won't do that well.

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Sat May 10, 2014 12:02 pm

steelman wrote:
WelkerTexasRanger wrote:A candidate to get massively overdrafted now. Very happy as that means someone with more talent could well fall to me.
Situation is half the battle with RB's. I believe that talent means everything when it comes to WR's, but situation is more important than talent when it comes to RB's. Put an average RB in a great situation and he'll produce good numbers. Put a good RB in a bad situation and he won't do that well.
But is he going to be their long term option? Is he the "heir apparent" (which is a stupid and overused phrase in dynasty circles) to Steven Jackson? I don't think so personally. I'd rather have a more talented player who will be putting up numbers in three years time still.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat May 10, 2014 12:05 pm

WelkerTexasRanger wrote:
steelman wrote:
But is he going to be their long term option? Is he the "heir apparent" (which is a stupid and overused phrase in dynasty circles) to Steven Jackson? I don't think so personally. I'd rather have a more talented player who will be putting up numbers in three years time still.
Rewing your clock 12 months and ask yourself if Doug Martin is going to be the long term option there? Now ask yourself the same question. The answer might be the same, Martin may very well still be the guy there long term, but suddenly there's some doubt creeping in due to new coaching and this draft. So much can change with the RB position that I'm going to go with the guy who is going to produce right now, because so few RB's can be relied on long term these days

FoleysFolly
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FoleysFolly » Sat May 10, 2014 12:53 pm

It wasn't my pick but he just went 1.05 in my rook draft this morning...

Other 4 were 1.Watkins 2.Evans 3.Cooks 4.Sanky 6. Not in yet

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sat May 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Do you gents have links to these rookie drafts?

Would like to follow along for the real rookie draft data.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:21 pm

I agree completely on both counts. All I see here is another Jerious Norwood or Jaquizz Rodgers. I wish it had been Atlanta that traded for Bryce Brown instead of Buffalo.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:40 pm

steelman wrote:
I actually firmly agree with this, and is one of the more thought out responses in terms of fantasy landscape and how its changing.

FWIW, while I do agree I don't think this applies with Doug Martin, as I think he is an elite talent at RB and will continue to play as one regardless of situation. Even were he spelled in TB and somehow cut in the offseason, I firmly believe he would latch on somewhere else as a feature back.

Lastly, I'm not sure how I feel about the prospects of Freeman in ATL, but remember that SJAX signed a three year deal, and I think that as long as he's on ATL's roster, he will be the starter. I wouldn't rule out being cut in the offseason and Freeman taking over in 2015, but SJAX will more than likely be the starter Week 1 2014.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

markeclipse
Captain
Captain

D. Freeman Hype train

Postby markeclipse » Thu May 22, 2014 4:42 am

Is Freeman the classic case of situation completely making people ignore talent, or is it just me? He's basically the consensus 3rd RB off the board in rookie drafts and regularly a 1st rd pick.

I realize Freeman's situation is pretty cushy. But when I watch film of him I dont see anything close to special. He's quick, but not fast, he's tough but not powerful. The only thing I really do like are his hands and abilities out of the backfield. To me, despite his situation, he's going to have a hard time being much more than a role player in the NFL because of talent.

I'm very open minded at this point to all rookies, and maybe someone can sell me on the talent rather than the situation. I realize situation is a major factor in RB production, but ultimately the player has to have the ability to produce when given the opportunity.
Team 1 (QB, 1-3 RBs, 1-3 WR, TE, K, D) PPR
QB - Rodgers, RGIII
RB - Charles, Lacy, Vereen
WR - Antonio Brown, Demaryius, Jeffery,Gordon
TE - Reed, Green
Picks: 8 '15 Firsts

team 2 (QB, 1-3 RBs, 1-3 WR, TE, K, D) PPR
QB - Arod. RGIII
RB - Forte, Gio, Hyde
WR - Dez, AJ, Jeffery, Floyd, Wright, Terrence Williams, Hunter, Hopkins
TE - Eifert, Ertz

Orphan Team:
QB: Foles; Tannehill
RB: Martin, Vereen, Michael, Bryce Brown, Stewart, David Wilson
WR: AJ Green, Cobb, Tavon, Stills
TE: Reed, Green

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: D. Freeman Hype train

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 am

I have Mason ahead of him, so he's my number 4. I'm not overly excited about him, but who else are you going to move ahead of him?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

markeclipse
Captain
Captain

Postby markeclipse » Thu May 22, 2014 5:23 am

I personally like Terrence West a lot more than Freeman. West is a Natrone Means type runner in a RB friendly system on a team with no other choice but to run a lot and let their D win games. He's been a 3 down back, and can be a 3 down back. Freeman wasnt @ FSU, and I dont think he can in the NFL.
QB - Rodgers, RGIII
TE - Reed, Green

QB - Arod. RGIII
RB - Forte, Gio, Hyde
TE - Eifert, Ertz

Orphan Team:
QB: Foles; Tannehill
RB: Martin, Vereen, Michael, Bryce Brown, Stewart, David Wilson
WR: AJ Green, Cobb, Tavon, Stills
TE: Reed, Green

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 22, 2014 5:42 am

I can see the argument for West (He's my #5), but I think a lot of people are expecting big things from Crowell. I would even say that West's situation has more to do with why he's behind Freeman than Freeman's situation does.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Thu May 22, 2014 6:15 am

markeclipse wrote:I personally like Terrence West a lot more than Freeman. West is a Natrone Means type runner in a RB friendly system on a team with no other choice but to run a lot and let their D win games. He's been a 3 down back, and can be a 3 down back. Freeman wasnt @ FSU, and I dont think he can in the NFL.
What? AJ Green?
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

markeclipse
Captain
Captain

Postby markeclipse » Thu May 22, 2014 6:23 am

whatadai wrote:
markeclipse wrote:I personally like Terrence West a lot more than Freeman. West is a Natrone Means type runner in a RB friendly system on a team with no other choice but to run a lot and let their D win games. He's been a 3 down back, and can be a 3 down back. Freeman wasnt @ FSU, and I dont think he can in the NFL.
What? AJ Green?
Did I miss AJ getting traded?
QB - Rodgers, RGIII
TE - Reed, Green

QB - Arod. RGIII
RB - Forte, Gio, Hyde