Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby bjd5211 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Eagles considering him too.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:42 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... a-freeman/

He might retire if he doesn't get a contract he likes. I don't think it actually happens, but I also highly doubt he's going to the kind of offer he's probably looking for.

nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby nathanq42 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:42 pm
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... a-freeman/

He might retire if he doesn't get a contract he likes. I don't think it actually happens, but I also highly doubt he's going to the kind of offer he's probably looking for.
I could see him pulling a Megatron. He's made his money, if he doesn't get the money he wants to throw his health in the gutter/ team with real championship ability why should he play for less? I hope these guys spend wisely and retire early, you hate to see guys go out there and take a beating just because they would be in a pinch otherwise
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

RB6
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7483
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby RB6 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:36 pm

nathanq42 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:02 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:42 pm
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... a-freeman/

He might retire if he doesn't get a contract he likes. I don't think it actually happens, but I also highly doubt he's going to the kind of offer he's probably looking for.
I could see him pulling a Megatron. He's made his money, if he doesn't get the money he wants to throw his health in the gutter/ team with real championship ability why should he play for less? I hope these guys spend wisely and retire early, you hate to see guys go out there and take a beating just because they would be in a pinch otherwise
Can’t compare this situation to Calvin. He had a contract and chose to walk away. This is more like forced retirement.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/2F
LJax, Lock, Burrow, Ben, Foles, Eason, Rosen
Adams, Julio, Kupp, Lockett, MWill, Shepard, Parris, Sims, Hamler, Fulgham, Duvernay, Van, Guyton, Boykin
Zeke, Ingram, Mostert, Hunt, Pollard, Hines, Adams
Andrews, Knox

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, ARod, Foles, Mullens, Mariota, Eason
LF, Singletary, Robinson, Mack, Breida, Hines, D. Freeman, Darrel, Pierce
MT, DK, Allen, Kupp, Edelman, Crowder, G. Tate, Dede, Quez
Andrews, Allie-Cox, Thomas

PPR TE1.5 Return YDS 1Q/3W/2R/1SF/3F
Allen, Baker, Cam, Keenum
MT, Ridley, Lockett, Landry, Parker, Miller, Shepard, Sims, Zaccheaus, Quez
MG, Singletary, Gibson, Cohen, Breida, Wilkins, Royce
Andrews, Henry, Knox, Olsen, Kroft, Warring
Taxi: Morgan, Reed, Darwin, Pierce

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:56 pm

he thinks he's more valuable than he really is...he might as well quit if he thinks teams will give him more that what he's been offered. Hey better take that 4M if he still wants to play. Have a good year and he will put himself in position to make more money

Online
User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby Blueboy » Mon May 25, 2020 5:04 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:56 pm
he thinks he's more valuable than he really is...he might as well quit if he thinks teams will give him more that what he's been offered. Hey better take that 4M if he still wants to play. Have a good year and he will put himself in position to make more money
Signing a prove-it deal didn't exactly work for Hyde, though I guess a $4 million contract is better than he'd had a chance at last year.

With how many contracts went south this decade, it just kinda seems like teams have wised up to paying RBs after the rookie contract. I don't like it, but it seems like the smart move at this point.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:37 pm

Blueboy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:04 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:56 pm
he thinks he's more valuable than he really is...he might as well quit if he thinks teams will give him more that what he's been offered. Hey better take that 4M if he still wants to play. Have a good year and he will put himself in position to make more money
Signing a prove-it deal didn't exactly work for Hyde, though I guess a $4 million contract is better than he'd had a chance at last year.

With how many contracts went south this decade, it just kinda seems like teams have wised up to paying RBs after the rookie contract. I don't like it, but it seems like the smart move at this point.
honestly i dont think those guys will get more than 1-2 year deals and it's probably better if they take 1 year deals. you got adrian peterson on a 2 yr 5m contract for WAS. IDK about you but id take him over both those guys just on talent. Freeman better take that 4M if he still plans on playing football.

User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11486
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:37 pm
Freeman better take that 4M if he still plans on playing football.
Sadly, yup :(
BOTH TEAMS BELOW ARE 1QB

TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Brees, Ryan, Tua
COOK/JACOBS/MIXON, Dobbins, Hunt, Swift, Singletary, Bell, B Hill, Wilkins
NUK/HILL/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, M Brown, D Johnson, Ruggs, Hilton, Pittman, G Davis, Ford, Wims
KITTLE, Waller, Akins, H Bryant
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league. The Bosa Bros, D-Buck, and Cam Jordan are my main studs.
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get 1.5x bump in scoring
LAMAR, Rivers, Cousins, Darnold, J Love
SAQUON/MIXON/GORDON, Carson, Dobbins, Ingram, D Freeman, Clement
NUK/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN/JULIO, Evans, Thielen, DJ Moore, Lamb, Alshon
KITTLE/HENRY, James O
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.

User avatar
Servo
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby Servo » Thu May 28, 2020 9:19 am

Supposedly TB + PHI may be the only offers out there on Freeman, per one of Philly's writers. Grumblings that Philly could want McCoy back.

Wouldn't be the most ideal thing for Vaughn owners who may have spent a premium pick.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion
2019 - lol


Mahomes, Stafford, Lock, Mariota, Tyrod
Dobbins, D. Williams, Mostert, Kerryon, B. Hill, Hines, Love, Laird, Perine NYJ
Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, Mims, Cooks, Fitz, Perriman, Ross
Kelce, Kittle

Online
User avatar
killer_of_giants
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 am

Servo wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:19 am
Wouldn't be the most ideal thing for Vaughn owners who may have spent a premium pick.
serves them right! :biggrin:

User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11486
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am

Ideal landing spots for Freeman would seem to be:

San Fran (this is the golden ticket IMO, reunited with Shanny, competition being Mostert, McKinnon, and Coleman isn't too scary) - he could be a strong RB2 there even with just 12-14 touches/game.

Philly would be my 2nd favorite spot - be the veteran Robin to Sanders' Batman.

Carolina hasn't been talked about, but they seem to be the 3rd team that could have touches up for grabs, assuming they won't continue to feed CMC 28 touches every week.
BOTH TEAMS BELOW ARE 1QB

TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Brees, Ryan, Tua
COOK/JACOBS/MIXON, Dobbins, Hunt, Swift, Singletary, Bell, B Hill, Wilkins
NUK/HILL/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, M Brown, D Johnson, Ruggs, Hilton, Pittman, G Davis, Ford, Wims
KITTLE, Waller, Akins, H Bryant
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league. The Bosa Bros, D-Buck, and Cam Jordan are my main studs.
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get 1.5x bump in scoring
LAMAR, Rivers, Cousins, Darnold, J Love
SAQUON/MIXON/GORDON, Carson, Dobbins, Ingram, D Freeman, Clement
NUK/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN/JULIO, Evans, Thielen, DJ Moore, Lamb, Alshon
KITTLE/HENRY, James O
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.

Online
User avatar
killer_of_giants
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu May 28, 2020 10:37 am

lukkynumber13 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am
San Fran (this is the golden ticket IMO, reunited with Shanny, competition being Mostert, McKinnon, and Coleman isn't too scary) - he could be a strong RB2 there even with just 12-14 touches/game.
can't see the niners paying north of 4 million for a RB, they're pretty deep already, and any old JAG can do well there.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5338
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 am

I actually like Tampa as a spot for Freeman. His pass protection would be a solid addition and I could see him connecting with Brady. Not sure he’ll be all that effective as a rusher, but this is about as good as it gets outside of an outside zone scheme.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

Oblong_Ball
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby Oblong_Ball » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:08 am

killer_of_giants wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:37 am
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am
San Fran (this is the golden ticket IMO, reunited with Shanny, competition being Mostert, McKinnon, and Coleman isn't too scary) - he could be a strong RB2 there even with just 12-14 touches/game.
can't see the niners paying north of 4 million for a RB, they're pretty deep already, and any old JAG can do well there.
100% agree. There's no way he's going to SF. Why would they even want him anyway?
Team #1 | 12-Team (20 Keepers) | Dynasty PPR
QB | L.Jackson, J.Goff, T.Hill
RB | CMC, L.Fournette, A.Mattison, B.Scott, J.Robinson, J.Samuels, I.Smith, T.Montgomery, J.McKissic, R.Nall
WR | A.Robinson, K.Allen, S.Diggs, C.Sutton, R.Woods, L.Fitzgerald, A.Lazard, B.Johnson, K.Stills
TE | T.Kelce, O.Howard, R.Tonyan, D.Keene
Taxi | J.Hurts, J.Hasty, Q.Watkins

Team #2 | 12-Team (16 Keepers) | Empire PPR+IDP
QB | R.Wilson, J.Allen
RB | D.Henry, N.Chubb, L.Fournette, A.Dillon, J.Robinson, D.Ozigbo
WR | K.Allen, D.Metcalf, D.Parker, T.Boyd, H.Ruggs
TE | T.Kelce, D.Goedert
IDP | D.Hunter, D.Leonard, J.Adams, D.James

Team #3 | 12-Team (10 Keepers) | Empire PPR+IDP
QB | L.Jackson, D.Brees
RB | D.Henry, K.Drake, Z.Moss, C.Edmonds, J.Robinson
WR | D.Adams, S.Diggs, A.Brown, M.Gallup, C.Kirk, M.Pittman
TE | M.Andrews, D.Goedert
IDP | S.Hubbard, D.Jones, J.Peppers, F.Warner

User avatar
tackling dummies
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby tackling dummies » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 pm

TB picked Ke’Shawn Vaughn at 76, the last thing I'd want to do is pull PT/snaps away from here for Freeman.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blueboy, CGW, Chwf3rd, dynastyfan43, jwall, My BallZach Ertz, Pac_Eddy, PTW32, Sriracha, TakeMyAnkle, TD41, trc and 21 guests