Jarrett Stidham hype train leaving the station 4/25/20

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Jarrett Stidham hype train leaving the station 4/25/20

Postby drbuttermaker » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:37 pm
drbuttermaker wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 pmIf Stidham were available as a free agent in rookie drafts he would be at worst the third QB off the board.
This is wild. Right now, per Mizelle, Herbert is QB21 and Stidham is QB32. It's not even close. Did you forget about Herbert, or do you really think Stidham would go before him?
I do. Why roll the dice that this Oregon quarterback is going to be the one to make it? Bill Belichick has been incubating Stidham for a year.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Are there people who really think this matters? It was 90 throws against other team's 3rd and occasionally 2nd string in games that don't count for anything.

His value just seems so fragile, he'd have to really blow up this year to hold that job. If you think that's going to happen, I suppose now is the time to buy. I'd just sell now in Superflex.

This is wild. Right now, per Mizelle, Herbert is QB21 and Stidham is QB32. It's not even close. Did you forget about Herbert, or do you really think Stidham would go before him?
If you never speculate or look for value I wonder why you would play dynasty? This is exactly the kind of player that many are looking for to bring an edge in value. He may end up flopping but the cost if right.

Also when people say that they are just going to tank and get a high pick for QB next season I am not sure they have seen BB draft. If he had the number 1 overall he would trade back faster than you could say Brady.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:18 pm

The GM wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:02 pm
Are there people who really think this matters? It was 90 throws against other team's 3rd and occasionally 2nd string in games that don't count for anything.

His value just seems so fragile, he'd have to really blow up this year to hold that job. If you think that's going to happen, I suppose now is the time to buy. I'd just sell now in Superflex.

If you never speculate or look for value I wonder why you would play dynasty? This is exactly the kind of player that many are looking for to bring an edge in value. He may end up flopping but the cost if right.

Also when people say that they are just going to tank and get a high pick for QB next season I am not sure they have seen BB draft. If he had the number 1 overall he would trade back faster than you could say Brady.
How did you read that and gather that I never speculate or look for value? I just think this specific guy’s value is fragile. For what it’s worth, in Superflex, I want quarterbacks that I’m confident are going to remain starters for the next few years. If I could package something with Stidham to get somebody like Herbert, who’s likely going to stay dynasty relevant for 3-4 years, I’m doing that.

You’ll also notice that I never implied that the Pats would tank. I honestly think BB and McDaniels think their system is all that matters and they can plug Stidham in there and be fine. In fact, the one thing in support of Stidham’s long term value is that I don’t see this team being bad enough to land a top QB. That’s my concern with Haskins, Darnold, and Minshew- their teams could all suck enough to replace them with Lawrence.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:21 pm

He's a fine speculative add. The perfect kind to pick up for almost nothing and then every so often get lucky on.

Odds are he is not the future, but neither is Hoyer. Or Dalton.

The pats are going to suck. Their offense isn't that good, the defense got crushed the second half of the season before losing several more pieces. They have BB, so I won't write them off.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:33 pm

drbuttermaker wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm
drbuttermaker wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 pmIf Stidham were available as a free agent in rookie drafts he would be at worst the third QB off the board.
I do. Why roll the dice that this Oregon quarterback is going to be the one to make it? Bill Belichick has been incubating Stidham for a year.
Because #6 overall pick draft capital. Even if he flops for the next 3 years he'll have a starting job. If Stidham is even just average, there's a strong possibility he gets replaced next year in the draft.

I'd take Love over Stidham as well at this point.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Id also bet on Herbert over stidham. Draft capital and similar opportunity to start in the near future. Herbert has significantly better weapons to throw to. Give me Allen, Williams, ekeler, and Henry over Harry and Edelman.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

vlax525
Starter
Starter

Postby vlax525 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:26 am

What have people seen him go for lately (2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, etc)? Obviously he would be more in a SF league but I'm trying to evaluate his value vs a Love type player.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:33 am

vlax525 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:26 am What have people seen him go for lately (2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, etc)? Obviously he would be more in a SF league but I'm trying to evaluate his value vs a Love type player.
He shouldn't be worth more than a 3rd in a 1QB league. I'd rather take a shot at one of the WR in this class going in the mid to late 2nd.

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 am

I think if you have him on your roster you probably picked him up off waivers or drafted him really late. You are probably better off holding him and hoping you have caught lighting in a bottle, which is why most of us would have grabbed him in the first place. Unless someone wants to throw a high second round pick at you there is little gain by flipping him at this point.

Most wont the value on this draft is insane never seen rookie picks trading like this.

If you think you can get him for a late second or third then its probably worth the gamble given the value of QB's.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat May 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:33 am
vlax525 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:26 am What have people seen him go for lately (2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, etc)? Obviously he would be more in a SF league but I'm trying to evaluate his value vs a Love type player.
He shouldn't be worth more than a 3rd in a 1QB league. I'd rather take a shot at one of the WR in this class going in the mid to late 2nd.
Yeah, I think anyone willing to pay a mid 2nd or better is betting that he has some lasting value. I'm not willing to place that kind of wager on his future.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 02, 2020 3:34 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:33 pm
drbuttermaker wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm
Because #6 overall pick draft capital. Even if he flops for the next 3 years he'll have a starting job. If Stidham is even just average, there's a strong possibility he gets replaced next year in the draft.

I'd take Love over Stidham as well at this point.
Agree with everything said here.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Well, with Stidham being free in a lot of leagues last year, I can see owners being happy to have him now compared to having to spend a rookie pick on a QB.

One of my leaguemates whose QB situation wasn't great grabbed Stidham late last year and I didn't really think was a worthwhile move at the time, but I stand corrected... for now!

And if I had Stidham as my bench/flex QB, I also wouldn't be as much in a hurry to draft rookie QBs. (Well, at least in 1QB leagues - superflex is always QB crazytown.)
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Just looking at the situation here and the Patriots weapons still kind of suck. Edelman is still quality, but you figure there will be a dropoff after losing the special connection with Brady. Then you have a weird mix of rookie TEs, Marqise Lee, N'Keal Harry, and Mohammed Sanu.

The only thing I could at least give him is that when the Patriots have turned to other options at QB in the past for brief stretches (Cassel, Garoppolo, Brissett) they've all looked competent. However, this will surely be the worst group of weapons they've saddled a non-Brady QB with.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon May 04, 2020 5:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:53 pm Just looking at the situation here and the Patriots weapons still kind of suck. Edelman is still quality, but you figure there will be a dropoff after losing the special connection with Brady. Then you have a weird mix of rookie TEs, Marqise Lee, N'Keal Harry, and Mohammed Sanu.

The only thing I could at least give him is that when the Patriots have turned to other options at QB in the past for brief stretches (Cassel, Garoppolo, Brissett) they've all looked competent. However, this will surely be the worst group of weapons they've saddled a non-Brady QB with.
Good point. I'm not sure they are significantly worse than 2016 pats weapons, which was also Edelman and a bunch of role players (Martellus Bennet, Chris Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell). But at least Edelman was 4 years younger.
Cassell was throwing to Moss and Welker. I think any decent backup goes 10-6 with those weapons and a great coach.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon May 04, 2020 6:55 am

FWIW, I just traded Stidham for 2.09 in a 12 team Superflex league, while 2.09 was OTC. I took Jordan Love with the pick.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker